A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Roller Derby Gingerbread Banked Track!  (Read 1729 times)
Tags for this thread: roller_derby , roller_skate , gingerbread , gingerbread_house , candy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starsxarexrad

htp://scarlettemichelle.com

View Profile WWW
« on: January 11, 2012 09:39:47 PM »

So instead of a gingerbread house I decided to make a gingerbread banked track. I play roller derby and we had our try outs at the end of the year. Since i got it in my head that I wanted to make a gingerbread banked track and knew that everyone in the league (about 170 people) would be there that day I decided that would a great way to pawn it off on people!!

What a real banked track looks like

starting ingredients

baseboard. I'm 5' 6" and its almost as tall as me

structure that held up the banked track. We based it off of the actual size and shape of a Kitten Traxx banked track. It is 1/24 to scale

All of the gingerbread in place. It took 5 batches placed on 10 baking sheets

Logo of the league done in the middle of the track done in orange Reese's Pieces

Marshmallow refs! They are made to resemble some of the leagues refs

fully decorated with lights! there are battery powered LED lights under the cotton candy and frosting

the skaters in their packs with the whole track barely fitting in the back of the car. end measurements of the board were 30" x 58"

We got it to the rinks in one piece!

Then it was devoured. Even more so after this pictures when the juniors got to it

If you want more information about it I did a write up with may more pictures of the process on my blog:
http://progressivederbyapparel.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/gingergread-banked-track/

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://scarlettemichelle.com - Blog and online store

I love roller derby, silk-screening, sewing, glitter and rock n roll.  I also am an obsessive instagramer! (@starsxarexrad)
Linnybelle
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012 02:23:33 PM »

That is awesome!  Although I am not in roller derby, one of my friends skates and her husband refs, so I had to share the pictures with them.  I admire your follow through. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Cherry Bomb
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012 03:52:52 AM »

This is incredible!  Cool Did you sell it at a bout? if so I hope you raised lots of cash for your team.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starsxarexrad

htp://scarlettemichelle.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012 11:47:12 AM »

We didn't sell it. We offered it to the league as sort of an end of the year treat during travel team try outs. We had the travel teams, home teams, juniors and fresh meat all at practice that day so they devoured it. In the end it cost us way more to make it than we thought it would but it was totally worth it! Now we are trying to figure out how to out do it for next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://scarlettemichelle.com - Blog and online store

I love roller derby, silk-screening, sewing, glitter and rock n roll.  I also am an obsessive instagramer! (@starsxarexrad)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Raw Food California Rolls - Part 1
How to Find Wine Matches for Sushi
How to Make Mongolian Lamb
How to Make Balachaung
Asian Spare Ribs with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...