A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Courthouse Wedding Dress  (Read 14926 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding_dress , burda_7316 , craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mommai
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012 04:24:29 PM »

Nice dress, and congratulations on getting married! I like small intimate (and cheap!) weddings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elphelba
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012 04:57:07 PM »

What a beautiful and elegant dress Smiley You did a fantastic job. I love the lace along the front yoke.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
feedthesquirrels
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012 05:05:41 PM »

I absolutely love that dress! Why can't I ever find pretty, unique lace like that?! Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my sewing adventures at http://shonastitches.blogspot.com
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012 07:11:19 PM »

You look beautiful!! Congratulations on your wedding. Your dress is gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
amalgam
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012 09:39:36 PM »

This looks great. It has a nice vintage feel to it. And congratulations. Happy marriage!:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
peppersaskatoon
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012 09:53:35 PM »

What a treat to come home from a long day at work and see all your sweet comments. Thank you so much!

elderflower: Your story makes me feel much better. Smiley

craftewoman: Our photographer really was wonderful, and I think we're lucky to have a relatively stately old courthouse here. We got many more pictures of the 7 of us ambling around town afterward, but these captured the dress best (a girl can only go coatless for so long on the winter solstice).

feedthesquirrels: I'm really not sure what I would have done if I hadn't discovered that remnant. All the other laces seemed to take themselves too seriously by comparison. I'm pleased with the way the dress fit, but it's really that yoke that makes me feel proud of it.

I wholeheartedly recommend both this pattern and this way of getting married (scheduling it when your parents are already planning a visit for Christmas, getting a great off-peak price on a nice hotel room for the night before and after, having a bouquet presented to you by the groom, hiring a former classmate to take photos, walking to the courthouse to get hitched, using your engagement ring as a wedding ring, taking pictures in a park, walking around town visiting your favorite food cart and stopping in at your work, warming up with a round of drinking chocolate, taking a nap and then buying your parents and sister a nice dinner). I really should have started earlier, but once the dress was done, I couldn't have asked for a better day. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012 07:28:56 AM by peppersaskatoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
reilii
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012 12:09:40 AM »

I absolutely will copy everything you did when I can do what you have done! Fantastic work and Congratulations you look so pretty and happy.
Rei
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thesillyseemstress
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012 12:38:32 AM »

Its soo beatiful.. congrats one your wedding .. and have a happy life Smiley haza !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
horrormaedchen
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012 03:58:19 AM »

Awww congratulations. You are a stunning bride. I love the dress. So delicate. It looks like you had a wonderful day. All the best for your future together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ColetteK
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012 10:44:52 AM »

What a lovely dress! I like everything about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Colorist Jennifer J on How to Stop Brassy Hair Color
Liven Up Your Hair With Commitment-Free Chalk Color
How to Refresh Oily Hair
Braid Styles for the Red Carpet
How to Do a Waterfall Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...