A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stuffed Animal Swap w/a Pattern (Sign Ups 1/7/2012- closed Mail By:2/21/2012)  (Read 11672 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gotgrey
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: January 07, 2012 02:20:41 PM »

Swap name:Stuffed Animal Swap w/a Pattern
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:gotgrey co-organizer Tanza
Sign-up date range:Sign Ups 1/7/2012-1/21/2012
Date to send item by: 2/21/2012)

Limited to a certain number of people? Yes 20, if we get that many before the sign up date ends, I'll close the sign up period

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country?

Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Details of swap:

This is how we are going to do this swap.  You make a stuffed animal or a doll and send your partner both the stuffed animal or doll and the pattern you made the stuffed animal or doll from.  Size ranges from: "7-12".  I am going to consider this a medium swap based on the sizes given.  I'm putting in the option of only exchanging patterns.  Patterns must be originals, not copies.  All manor of toy making is acceptable.  You can join if you: knit, crochet, sew, or make sock animals.  Also, I have been advised of this: Just be careful about copyright infringements.  If it's a free pattern posted on the internet, you could include the link, unless the designer gives permission to make copies.  Not all of them do.  If it's a pattern you purchased, you can include the original pattern.  Also be careful about copying patterns from magazines and publications.  The same would be true here.  I think that you can give the name and date of the publication where you got the pattern from, unless you want to send the original page(s) of the pattern or the whole magazine or book.  Just some suggestions to keep above the law.  You can draft a pattern too if you like.  

Name of Swap:Stuffed Animal Swap w/a Pattern
Craftster username:gotgrey co-organizer Tanza

Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
 Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your house?
What is the #1 rule in this swap? Have fun!

Are you a yarnie or a sewist?
What are your favorite stuffed  items to make?
would you be willing to stuff it and stitch up the little hole to save on postage?

Favorite colors, and color combinations:
Least favorite colors, and color combinations
Favorite themes:
Least favorite themes:
Favorite animals:

Name at least 5(or more) items you would like (This is not a guarantee you will get these items, this is just a starting point for your partner and help for the organizer when it comes to pairs.)  If you do not do this, you will not be allowed to join.  This will make it easier to match you up w/a partner.

Wists/etsy favs, etc for stalking

My rules:.  You must post at least once per week in the thread.  When we move over to the gallery, you must continue to post once per week until you and your partner have both sent and received.

You must communicate with your partner at least once a week w/your progress.

When sending messages to me, please label them as Stuffed Animal Swap w/a Pattern  in the subject line.

Posting photos in the gallery is a rule of this swap.

When you receive your swap package, you must notify both myself and your partner and post photos in the gallery!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Things to keep in mind:
The more flexible you are in the questionnaire, the easier it will be to match you up with a partner.

Feedback will not be given until both partners have sent and received.

Craftster's Rules:

1.  If sending within the US, you must use a Delivery Confirmation Number (DC#).  If outside of the US, please get a receipt.  The DC# and/or receipt must be sent to the organizer and your partner.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Participants:
1.gotgrey
2.Tanza
3.Sharalee
4.Bobomom
5.mamarose22
6.ChrisSews
7.Lanysmiles
8.ebygomm
9.koalascout

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012 08:45:47 PM by gotgrey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gotgrey

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012 04:13:56 PM »

Swap is open.  Let's have some fun!  Sign ups are closed.

Participants:
1.gotgrey
2.Tanza
3.Sharalee
4.Bobomom
5.mamarose22
6.ChrisSews
7.Lanysmiles
8.ebygomm
9.koalascout

Swap Partners
Tanza-gotgrey  Tanza-Koalascout

Sharalee-Bobomom

Lanysmiles-ebygomm

Mamarose22-ChrisSews
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012 04:23:10 PM by gotgrey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012 04:14:52 PM »

Let's get this one going.

GALLERY LINK
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403216.0
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012 09:54:13 PM by Tanza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012 06:05:30 PM »

Ok Ladies I sent my questionnaire in. This will be so much fun!!! Cheesy I can't wait to get partners.

If you don't mind me saying, I think you should put a picture of one of your stuff animals in this thread, It'll show up better on the main thread. People can see it better. Just a thought!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012 06:10:22 PM by Sharalee - Reason: Added words. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Art doll swap Rd 2/sent
"Yet another TM Patch swap"/
"Prayer flag swap Rd 3/
"Black Apple doll swap Rd 3/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges! PM me!
Bobomom
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012 10:33:46 PM »

I am filling out my questionnaire now, and I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Could you please clarify? I'm a little confused.   Thank you! Smiley

"Would you be willing to stuff it and stitch up the little hole to save on postage?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012 04:36:59 AM »

it means that if you answer yes, then your partner could send you the plushie without stuffie, so that you stuff it and stitch the small hole you stuffed it through.

totally your choice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Bobomom
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012 07:47:49 AM »

it means that if you answer yes, then your partner could send you the plushie without stuffie, so that you stuff it and stitch the small hole you stuffed it through.

totally your choice.

Thank you for explaining tbat!  For some reason I couldn't figure that out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamarose22
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012 07:53:48 AM »

I think the stuffie should be fully stuffed.  I don't think that this will increase postage costs by too much.  I think that's the whole idea of a stuffie.  All of the suffie/plushie/doll swaps I've been in have been for fully stuffed items.  The only time I can think that an item possibly could be sent without stuffing would be for a pillow as that would require a big box which would be hard to come by.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.wists.com/mamarose22
Bobomom
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012 07:59:28 AM »

Just sent in my questionnaire!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gotgrey

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012 08:37:49 AM »

I think the stuffie should be fully stuffed.  I don't think that this will increase postage costs by too much.  I think that's the whole idea of a stuffie.  All of the suffie/plushie/doll swaps I've been in have been for fully stuffed items.  The only time I can think that an item possibly could be sent without stuffing would be for a pillow as that would require a big box which would be hard to come by.

We are leaving that option up to the participants.  You don't have to send or accept a stuffed animal or doll w/o stuffing in it.  I for one, would prefer to receive a doll or stuffed animal w/the stuffing already in it.  There is also the option of only swapping patterns.  I'm trying to make this easy for everyone and give some options. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph a Sequence
How to Use Window Light in Photography
How to Take Photos Indoors
How to Take Posed Pictures
How to Choose the Right Lens for Your Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...