A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Terribly Important SOB Swap II - FULL! (SU - Jan20 SO - Feb 27)  (Read 28778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012 07:36:13 PM »

My daughter wants to join craftster as well and swap away, but I told her she needs to practice DOING crafts - because while it's super awesome to get great stuff, its not so awesome to not respond in kind. She's twelve, so she's started to get the patience for it .... but she has a ways to go yet. It would be cool to have a kids-craftster swap Smiley

There are kids swaps! My kidlet was in one this past summer and had a great time making (and getting) some pretty cool stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tapestrymlp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~Tapestry~

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012 07:38:29 PM »

It would be cool to have a kids-craftster swap Smiley
There are kid swaps several times a year. My daughter has already participated in two and she participated in two private swaps as well. Cassidy LOVES swaps and begs me to let her swap constantly.

If there's not a kid swap soon I'd suggest contacting some Craftster members that you know have kids around your daughters age, or perhaps with her same interests, and ask if they'd like to do a private kids' swap. The ongoing holiday wishlist swap (went 3 rounds: October, November, December) would be a good place to start looking because people were posting bios of themselves and wishlists for their kids so you could get an idea if a kiddo might have similar interests and be in the right age range.

Another idea is to have her swap with cousins or perhaps with a school friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
Saintcady
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012 08:12:32 PM »

I like that title! I could only come up with 'snot-rag' (thats what I am at the moment! both boys use my clothes to wipe their noses Sad yuk!) I really could do with a better one, but need some help

Might I suggest the Sultana of Snot, at the very least? Or perhaps The Supreme Keeper of Snot Rags? Though I do think perhaps dispensing with the word snot might improve your suitably impressive and imperious title Grin

Or The High and Mighty Sultana of Proboscis Cleansing?

I suppose I should also point out that Saint Cady: Patron Saint of Smartypants is a wholly secular title as I'm an atheist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012 09:39:37 PM »

The Baroness of Boogers
Chief Nose Goblin Wrangler
The Mistress of Mucous
The Overlord of Ordure

hm.. good thing the man and boy go back to work and school tomorrow... i seem to have become a ten year old boy in the past two weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2012 09:43:11 PM »

thanks for the suggestions! i think i'll suggest she swap with a school friend first, then go from there. Only the most Terribly Important people would be so smart ....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012 01:18:28 AM »

wow - there are some terribly clever people here, with fabulously impressive vocabularies! I humbly bow to your superior title making skills!

However, my thinking cap has been working overtime (hence the pain in my wonderously important head!) and I am henceforth to be known as:

Countess Craftiness, User of the Thread, Keeper of the Paper and Royal Protector of the Button Box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunny1kenobi

Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012 08:28:11 AM »

"We ARE amused...."

The Empress of Breathtaking Bunnyness and Magnificent Moxie hereby decrees her wish to participate in said Terribly Important swap.  All in my domain must bow to my glory, and what better way to remind the rabble of my supreme exaltedness?  Sent with a gracious acclamation of appreciation to the Duchess of Fancy Pants for her benevolence!

Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012 10:45:11 AM »

hhmmmmm I am thinking about joining.  I usually don't sign up for very many swaps at a time, but 2 will be finished soon.  What kind of title for a sewing mom of 3 boys?   Must ponder.  This title part is the hardest
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012 11:14:59 AM »

I am curious about something:  I read the FAQ and it says that sizes can be determined mulitple ways-  are we using size, price, or time?

I am not actually ~in~, but I often see the size, but never a specific regarding which way it is being decided. 

Forgive me, I'm a NOOB...plus, I couldn't think of apropriately "important" terminology for the question Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012 11:35:26 AM »

the size usually refers to price or time, but it's a hard one.

If you were, for instance going to cross stitch a picture (even a small one) it could easily take up the 'large' number of hours (can't quite remember off the top of my head - is it more than 3 hours?), but couldn't really be called a 'large' item and I doubt that people spend the $20 or more every time they do a 'large' swap, but it does seem to work somehow!

I'm sure I'll be put right if I've got this wrong.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hearty and Healthy Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Hot Bacon Swiss Dip with Toast Rounds Recipe
Ham-Seasoned Soup Beans with Cornbread Recipe
Sizzling Filet Mignon Steak Sandwich Recipe
Gorgeous and Tasty Deep-Fried Shrimp Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...