A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Board Games!: The Gallery  (Read 8863 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 06, 2012 10:21:57 AM »

Link to the sign-up thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=395567.0

Green Sent
* Sent early
Blue Received
Teal Sent & received
Orange Sending late w/ communication
Red Contact organizer ASAP
Strike through Feedback left

Eclectic Dreamer->Lilak Tygress* ->fluffypants
crazyda79 <->Crying Goddess
pinkrocks* <->Ryn*
honeyd <->ViciousPrecious
ivoryh1632 <->Calabaza
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012 04:54:07 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilak Tygress
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012 03:06:03 PM »

Yay!  A gallery! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012 06:35:20 PM »

I can't wait to see all of the board game goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
fluffypants
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012 09:12:09 PM »

I, too, am excited to see the goodies - and curious to see what everyone chose as their favourite games! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012 03:42:51 PM »

So I open my mailbox today to this

I don't know what my mail lady was thinking shoving it in there like that or how she got it to fit. But after spending forever banging on the back of the mailbox and squishing my fingers and using anything I could find that was small enough to pry the box out, I finally got it. But alas, my troubles of getting into everything didn't end there because I open the box and see that I have to figure out how to untie this

But it was all worth it because once I got it all out and unrolled, this was inside

Its Pirate Clue! So freaking awsome! The squares on the board and everything are all sewn, and in true pirate fashion the edges of the fabric are all unfinished and raggedy. All the rooms have been changed to parts of the ship. There's the crow's nest, cabin, breezeway, quarterdeck, brig (complete with a little jail), galley (with a lime on it, to prevent scurvey), captain's table, berth deck (with a cute little 3D hammock sewn on) and the main deck. The center is of course a jolly rodger. Thumbnails of my favorite rooms and detail of the stitching
The player peices are little pirate jewels

And she even drew up new cards with pirate versions of all the characters, I think "Madam Peacock" is my favorite. "Captain Mustard" is a little hard to see in this pic cuz he's drawn in yellow, but trust me his picture is just as awsome as the rest.

There was also a little trivia about the parts of a ship included in her letter. And thank you for only using wikipedia as a last resort, I can't stand when people only get their info from there and insist that its always right. Oh and I think that the breezeway is for cruise ships too but that's ok, they can be pirates that have a cruise line buisness on the side  Wink

I can't wait to play this with my neices, they love pirates. We always play this other pirate board game I have when they come over so they're going to freak when they see this.

But wait, that's not all.
There's also a tissue box cover with the monopoly railroads, one on each side.

and the detail of the awsome paint job, seriously, how did you get your lettering that straight and perfect?

My current box of tissues I have in the house is a rectangle box so for now I just stuck a roll of TP under the cover with the tail sticking out the top  Tongue, but I already put square tissues on my shopping list.

Thank you soooooo much Calabaza!!! I absolutely love it all. Now lets hope your mail comes before the middle of the night today so you can open your package lol.

ps- where did you find the wood tissue box cover? I wanted to decorate one for a friend a while back and I've been having the hardest time finding a square one, the only one's i've seen are rectangle. Of course its always the simplist things that are the hardest to find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012 04:10:55 PM »

I'm glad you're happy with your package! Your mail lady and my mail men should chat sometime  Roll Eyes

I got the tissue box holder at Jo-anns. Maybe it's a regional thing because I've never seen rectangular ones!

Heh, heh, yeah the breezeway. I was feeling kinda bad about it then got to thinking about Rizzo the Rat's cruise line in Muppet Treasure Island ("We put the rat in pirate!") and that settled that.

Oh, and sorry about the tie job. I rolled up the board and kept rolling the strings after for a couple of times then slipped the tail under and tied the bag on.

Now to wait patiently some more for my mail...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012 04:11:59 PM by Calabaza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012 04:39:02 PM »

I totally want Pirate Clue!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012 05:39:13 PM »

I received from ivoryh1632! I love what she sent but I am sorry to report that I think our mail people DO talk with each other  Cry

Bad news first:

Why?
There were lots of shards inside but I could tell what they were from ivory's letter: prizes for winners and 2 runner-ups! Very cool for my highly competitive family. It would have been amazing for the amazing...
(Cue good news)

Vintage game of Pit! It's a card game but is so awesome it tops most board games in my book.

And guess what?

A Pit messenger bag! She left the images vintagey looking, which is completely my style. I love the red accent too. What technique did you use to get the images on there? It's seriously... hmm, what synonym for awesome haven't I used... marvelous!

And last but not least in any sense of the word:

Chess quote greeting cards! Each have a chess/game quote and a chess piece picture inside. And check out the envelopes:

Sweet! Where did you get these? Or did you make them? They- and the cards -are super!

Thank you so much for everything, ivory! I'm sorry one of my mail men destroyed your hard work, but what survived is perfectly fantastic. Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilak Tygress
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012 08:32:40 PM »

What an awesome start to our gallery!!!  Pretty amazing crafting going on!!  Pirate Clue- amazing; Monopoly tissue box- adorable!  Pin It- never heard of it, but it looks fantastic, as does the bag!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivoryh1632
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012 11:33:40 PM »

Ugh, ya know, right after I dropped the package in the mail I said to myself "I should have ran to the store and got some bubble wrap" cuz I couldn't find anything to pad the package in my house. I'm surprized the runner up prizes broke though, I figured that since they're plastic they'd be good through anything. When I found those at the thrift store there was a ton of them (apearantly a trophy shop went out of buisness and donated all their left overs cuz there was a whole shelf full of trophy makings), so next time I'm over there if they still have some I'll get a couple more and send them to you.

Did the main trophy make it? or at least make it enough that it can be glued back together?

Here's a pic of what they were supposed to look like. I dont know if you can read it in the pic but the 2nd place pins say "runner up" and "semi finalist"

The cards I made by re-decorating some old christmas cards, because even though I'm awsome at oragami, I can't fold an envelope to save my life. So those are the original envelopes that came with them, and I dont remember where they came from, they've been in with the christmas stuff since forever.

The bag I did by scanning the cards into my computer and then printing them out and doing a gel medium transfer onto the fabric. Then after the fabric was all cleaned off after the transfer I took some textile medium and put that on top to seal the image in. The textile medium also gives the fabric a bit of stiffness and weight which is nice for bags, the outter and the lining are made from the same fabric to give you an idea of the difference in texture before and after. I didn't take pics when I was doing it, but if you want I can write up a tute on it because I'm definately going to be using that technique again, even with me trying to make it look worn out and imperfect it the pictures still had crazy detail so this is my new go to image transfer method.

Oh and I always see the rectangular tissue boxes at hobby lobby, don't know if you have hobby lobby in WA though cuz they're still working their way out to the west coast, that's acutally the only thing I'm not looking forward to about moving back to cali is no more hobby lobby. And the joann's by me doesn't have much of a wood section so that might be why I've never seen it there. Next time I go to a different joann's i'll remember to look in their wood section and see if I can find the square boxes.

Glad you liked everything, seriously so sorry it didn't make it all in one peice  Sad

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Voluminous Barbie Ponytail Tutorial
5 Ways to Fight Off Frizz
Salon Giving Back Through Beauty
2 Hot Hair Trends From Hollywood’s Top Celebrity Hair Stylist
How to Get an Easy Waterfall Braid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...