A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 58 Discussion Thread  (Read 20224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftaddiction
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012 03:04:11 PM »

on a crafty note, I'm learning how to crochet and am really getting into Granny's daughters  Smiley
Super fast, and BAM, you're done!  Filled up a gallon ziplock the other day, but now I need to figure
out how to put them together into a baby blanket or some such....any tried and true tutorials anyone can share?

There are a number of ways to do it. Do you want a border around each square or just want them together? They could be sewn together, slip stitched together, crocheted together and more. I learned from youtube.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012 03:23:21 PM »

I finally got organised this month. I set up my shop in the round 56 space so I just had to copy it over.

Glad to hear that SOMEone is organized, at least!
One of my worst character flaws is my rampant messiness/disorganization  Sad
Well I have been trying for six months. the two week gap really helped. Also, my hubby is painting our room so I had to move everything but had no access to my sewing machine. Organisation it is, then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012 03:28:28 PM »

Wow!  Congrats Craftaddiction!!

Good for you Kayrun!  I really would love to learn how to make granny squares. I need to check out you tube.

Guess what?  I am getting a second-hand Sizzix tomorrow.  YAY!!  I found a gal on craiglist!  I have been dying to have one.  I really want to make a couple of felt books for my nieces, but have been too lazy to cut all the lettering out.  Smiley  I'm going to save my pennies for a Tim Holtz Vagabond!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rangerbeth
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012 05:30:34 PM »

I missed last month's discussion for whatever reason and it just wasn't the same.  Now I'm back to conversation stalk! I might could make you a toothbrush roll CA if someone else hasn't bitten.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012 06:34:14 PM »

Hey CA -- I'm going to play around with that needle case right after I stitch up Sarah's curtains!

Spent some time with my new serger today!  It was fun!  I made giant zippered pillow covers for a friend.  They took FOREVER!  They weren't hard, just cumbersome.  I will send them out tomorrow and be glad they are off my plate!

Sorry to hear Ian has been feeling punky, LL -- hope he is better for the weekend.

I will open my shop after I have sorted through my stuff.  My craft room overhaul was HUGELY successful!  I love all my new space -- moved a bookcase in to help with organization and was able to unload my tabletops as a result!  Zowee!  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012 08:01:00 PM »

Bleargggh. I accidentally fell asleep for a few hours and woke up so sleep drunk. ew

I didn't even fall asleep under my lovely new doily banner
[/url]

I am offering custom leaf necklaces in my shop and reduced some prices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts winter Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
craftaddiction
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012 10:31:51 PM »

I might could make you a toothbrush roll CA if someone else hasn't bitten.
No one has bitten. It would be wonderful if you were willing.

Hey CA -- I'm going to play around with that needle case right after I stitch up Sarah's curtains!
YIPPEE. I've been wanting a needle case for years. I'm just happy you are willing to attempt it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012 04:07:09 AM »

Thanks for another round! I will be opening as soon as I can. Ian woke up with a stomach flu this morning, so probably not today, unless he starts feeling better fast.

awww....poor buddy!
my younger dd got that and then a horrible cold winding up with a resp infection,
so she's basically been sick since the day before Christmas  Sad

on a crafty note, I'm learning how to crochet and am really getting into Granny's daughters  Smiley
Super fast, and BAM, you're done!  Filled up a gallon ziplock the other day, but now I need to figure
out how to put them together into a baby blanket or some such....any tried and true tutorials anyone can share?

I do a combo of join as you go http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=348031.0 and I slipstitch http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/joining_squares2.htm the different colored sections together. Joining as you go doesn't make the blanket lay completely flat but it saves lots of time and angst. I also leave my tails around 3.5x longer than the square so I can slip stitch the squares together and weave in the end. It saves lots of time. I was supposed to finish a blanket by December 10th and now it feels like it won't be finished ever Sad Don't let that discourage you though, the chart I am working off of has almost 1,000 squares. It's going to be a very late birthday present!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012 06:39:11 AM »

I'm baaaaaacckkk Smiley  Shop's open, and I have 0 points....so please hit me up with any custom orders I have listed, or if you have a custom order having to do with jewelry or sewing, I can likely accomodate! 

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401416.msg4719281#msg4719281

Christmas totally took the wind outta my sails....and I didn't even craft anything for anyone this year Tongue  It was a cheap, CHEAP, Christmas.  Nicky bought shirts for everyone WAY early in the year, anticipating a cheap holiday already, and it turned out by the time it came around I had neither money for gifts for everyone, or time to craft any either Sad  Sooo...we put tags on the gifts she already bought with both our names on it, and I bought a gift card for our roommate as my contribution to our Xmas gifts to everyone.  Nicky was the only one I spent any serious cash on, I bought her a new digital camera with case and SD card, and I got my parents a $13 blu-ray movie other than that gift card.  But ya know, I really don't feel bad, because her brother and his wife didn't get us anything at all, my parents never expect gifts from us and brought us some Hallmark ornaments as gifts to the both of us this year, and her parents bought the Xbox Kinect on Black Friday for us and we knew about it the whole time so it wasn't really a gift-gift in the end of it.  SO....enough ranting about how much of a cheapo we all were in my family this year.  It was a great holiday and didn't break the bank for anyone, so we're all happy about that Smiley

Because of my needing to prepare for the medieval faire for this next weekend and the weekend after that, I will not get to making anything new or posting anything in my shop most likely.  I'm gonna try real hard to blast through another 20 head wreathes and I'll call it done for the first weekend at least, my goal was to have had enough stock created for both weekends by the time the first weekend started....it's not looking like that will be the case, but I'm still gonna try hard anyway Smiley

I'll check in later if I end up posting some things, I'm up early today, so I'm going to try to make the most of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
LaughingLark
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012 08:54:56 AM »

Good luck with the faire, TSM!

I opened up shop, but I carried over the things I had in there last round for now. I'll add new things as I can. So much for a quiet and peaceful January. We have another mess with a rental house underway. Epic damage left by tenant, probably will never collect on it. I will try not to think about it any more today, but it's pretty upsetting. I'm crocheting a lot of stuff right now and thinking "Deep cleansing breath, deep cleansing breath..."

I had to look up Grannies Daughters. Looks fun. I should try to make some granny squares soon. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bibhu Mohapatra Spring 2015 - NYFW - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Nail Trend
Best Razors
5 Fall Must Haves with Natalie Off Duty
Beauty at NYFW SS 2015
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...