A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wal-Mart Supplied Stenciled T-Shirts! (And Boxers...)  (Read 438 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pookiemagoo
« on: January 05, 2012 07:04:41 AM »

Hi all! Long-time lurker here! (And First Post, I guess.)

I've been hanging around here since high school (I'm now a junior in college), and never really found a project that I did to be Craftster-Worthy, but now I have! Smiley

Basically, my boyfriend is a big Sound nerd. Talks about it all the time, I get dragged around to Pro Audio stores, stuff like that. So for Christmas, I wanted to make him a few t-shirts with some of his favorite brands on them.

Enter Wal-Mart: Since I'm home for the holidays,and he's back in his home state, I've actually had the free time to make him things. With the exception that my town is small enough to have a Wal-Mart to fulfill the body of our crafting needs. It was a bit of a scavenger hunt, because I was looking for some self-adhesive contact paper to work for my stencils, couldn't find that, so I settled on some self-adhesive printable mailing labels, which worked out really well because I could just print right on them, and cut them out.

The paint is what's really going to be interesting here. The only kind of fabric-friendly paint they had in the store was whatever that fabric brand in really glossy colors that really just looks like puff paint (Tulip brand, I think?) I finally settled on some craft acrylic paint, with the thought that at the end of the day, it's paint, and should thus at least be white. We'll see how it works out with the wash later.

Anyway, onto the pictures! Because this is my first post, pardon the fact I have to link to everything.

They turned out better than I expected, I really like how they look on the fabric.

And then I put a couple on some boxers for him. It's a bit of a joke, but I hope he'll like them.

Thanks! Hope you all like them!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012 04:16:58 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tuberculosis
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012 05:31:57 AM »

Nice! At my local walmart they sell this liquid in the same type of bottle for acrylic paint that you mix with any old acrylic and it helps it to bond to fabric. I'm not sure what it's called, but it's worked for me. You can also heat set your images with an iron to make them last longer, just stick a sheet of parchment between the paint and the iron. Oh, and also as always, turn the clothing inside out when washing. Hope this helps for future crafting! =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Disco Heat
How to Style the Perfect Top Knot
How to Do a Miley Cyrus Hair Style
The Monday Makeover - Singer Kilo Kish
Get Your Hair Looking Beautiful
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...