A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 308,210
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handspun and Handcrafts Swap Round 5 (SU- CLOSED , SO 2/20)  (Read 30007 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IdlersDesign
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2012 11:53:03 AM »

I am shipping today!!! Yah!!! I hope my partner likes everything. It will be fun to get her take on my goodies in the Netherlands.
Exciting! Can't wait to see what you made  Cheesy

The spinning wheel turned out to be a bit more difficult to use than I thought. First it was only twisting the thread, but the yarn didn't go on the bobbin. So I ended up with overtwisted yarn in my hand and nothing on the wheel. Now I think things are starting to work, but if someone has a tip or nows a useful place to check for spinning wheel trouble shooting (difficult to find, apparently spinning isn't the hippest activity nowadays, strange ey?  Wink) , I'd be very grateful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2012 02:03:36 PM »

@idlers theres a lot of videos on youtube if you search your specific spinning wheel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
chez artiste
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2012 02:24:23 PM »

I'm still here, still alive, still crafting! Little hectic with work, as always, and last weekend was eaten by an emergency birthday party crafting session. Ah, kids. If only there were munitions factories that needed your little arms.

If you find that factory, let me know if they have a foreman position open.  My two-year-old has decided in the past month that she is not happy simply bossing around her dolls and the dog, but she wants to wrangle everyone into shape. It sure makes difficult work of trying to sit quietly and turn my inspirations (very plentiful) into reality (still sad and pathetic).  I'm pushing through and LOVE naptime more than ever!

Why is it when I decide that my year is going to be one of completed projects and increased creativity that suddenly everything else gets in the way? Even the weather is fighting me!  I was hoping for horrible, depressing, force-you-inside-to-work-on-projects weather through the end of February.  I know I live in the South, but I thought at least until Valentine's.  No such luck. We've practically been on Spring Break since New Year's.  And when it's lovely out, I have to garden.

("Rocky" theme slowly builds in the background...)

Well, cauliflower and broccoli seeds, you'll have to wait!  Weeds be damned:  I'm on a mission this week!

My first swap and I feel like I'm back in college with a looming deadline and that great paper still in my mind. Well, I just have to finish...finish...finish.  I may have to slide it under the prof's door at the very last minute, but I'll send out something (hopefully genius) to my lovely (and patient) partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2012 10:34:40 AM »

I think I can safely say now that I am 75% done spinning! Yesterday's dinner was mostly done in a crock pot so I literally spent all day yesterday spinning! I've got 100 yards on my Niddy Noddy and at least another ounce-ounce and a half to go on my spindle (it's thick & thin, mostly thin though). I think I should be done spinning and setting the twist by the weekend! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amazing_784
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2012 12:15:13 PM »

Finished my partner's stuff...will send out in the next couple days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannin
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2012 12:32:00 PM »

Working on the second skein... the first skein is still washing out dye. Anyone have tips on getting it clear faster? :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog | Etsy | Pintrest | Wishlist
PM me for personal swaps. Smiley
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2012 01:10:05 PM »

Working on the second skein... the first skein is still washing out dye. Anyone have tips on getting it clear faster? :/

What dye did you use and what was your method? Honestly if it's not coming out clear in a reasonable amount of time then it wasn't absorbed well enough (not enough heat setting, not enough vinegar, or too much dye).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shannin
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2012 01:46:31 PM »

Jacquard acid dyes, oven dyeing. There was definitely too much dye, haha. But I've let it soak, changing the water every now and then. I just rinsed it under the tap and it's clear now. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog | Etsy | Pintrest | Wishlist
PM me for personal swaps. Smiley
jungrrl
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2012 02:09:57 PM »

Finished the large item! yay!

Sweet!  I just need to get something to ply my second skein with and then I'm all ready to send. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MeganCrafts
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2012 02:19:57 PM »

My supplies finally came today!  I'm going to spend the whole weekend sewing, so hopefully I'll be done by Monday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...