A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,540
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 52207 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2012 10:25:53 PM »

Health Prompt for February 26 - March 3

This week let's review the goals we've made in past weeks and evaluate how we're doing. Need to change them up? Did you forget about some of them and need to start over? If you're rocking them, maybe it's time to add some new ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2012 10:28:23 PM »

This week let's review the goals we've made in past weeks and evaluate how we're doing. Need to change them up? Did you forget about some of them and need to start over? If you're rocking them, maybe it's time to add some new ones.

For myself, I have to say I haven't been doing so well and have fallen into the pattern of eating whatever the heck I want. Today I started over (again! it's ok!) and am back on the right track. I'm going back to strictly tracking my food, eating a fruit and/or veggie with each meal and snack, and adding in some exercise. I'm going to take my nephew to the golf course with the two mile walking track at least twice this week, as well as work out with a friend at her apartment's gym.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliot_anne
« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2012 12:33:04 AM »

I have been doing really well with my new vegetarian diet! Sean and I have been making almost all of our meals (including breakfast, which I used to skip), and bringing our lunches to work. I /did/ try a bite of flank steak Sean cooked up last week because it smelled SOOOOO good (I had been /dreaming/ about eating meat). I was hoping the one bite would satisfy my craving. It did the exact opposite! It tasted terrible to me! So glad I did it, though, because I haven't has a SINGLE meat craving (or dream) since then!

I've been doing really bad with remembering to drink enough water. I keep trying to bring my water bottle to work with me, and then forgetting it in the car, or leaving it on the table and stuff... I think I need to make one of those water tracker charm bracelets, because that seems genius.

As for new goals, Sean and I have decided to "challenge" ourselves, starting March 1st. We are going vegan for 4 weeks (this coming from me - who 2 months ago was eating huge prime rib and t-bones, and Sean - who is a "man's man" who likes 3 things: boobs, beer, and BEEF). It is going to be a rough 4 weeks, but after watching "Forks Over Knives," and knowing the health problems that both of us already have (I'm 22, he's 29), we feel that this will be a good 'experiment,' if nothing else. Afterward, I plan to at least continue being vegetarian, but this is really to see (1) just how hard it is, and (2) if some of our health problems go away. If you guys want to follow the saga (I will be posting in a lot more detail on there), I'm posting about it on "Our Home, Your Home," and my blog has a link to Sean's blog as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #373 on: February 27, 2012 05:24:02 AM »

my new goal is to move my ass! I am going to follow the programme in this book run fat b**ch run. (asterix for the profanity sensitive) anyway it is a 6 week programme that should have me running (extremely slowly!) for about 40mins 4 times a week by the end of it. I can do the tough stuff, this will be tough!! Starts with walking..i like walking!

Can't remember who asked about falafels, but this is a pretty good recipe for baked ones
http://mideastfood.about.com/od/maindishes/r/bakedfalafel.htm

if you haven't tried falafels yet, do! They make an extremely yummy veggie dinner (and I am a committed omnivore! as is DD and she loves them)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: February 28, 2012 02:09:42 PM »

Can't remember who asked about falafels...

It was me, thank you!

LOL girls, no matter what you're eating it's miles better than this!
http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/8-craziest-deep-fried-foods-120000515.html
Just in case you're kicking yourself over a dietary something or other Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 28, 2012 02:20:45 PM »

I've been doing really good lately, especially given that my work load has doubled, so I have a lot less time for cooking.  The last couple weeks, I was doing loads better than last year, but we had started to eat out more than once a week (our limit) and were turning to more processed foods.  This week, we're firmly back on track.  I got all the stuff to make the crispy quinoa and kale, too, and I'm so excited to try it!  I just need to find time in between work, dance class, and sewing.  I'm working on costumes for a musical, and the dress rehearsal is Monday!  I've still got six vests to finish and a jacket to start, so I'm sort of praying that my kale keeps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: February 28, 2012 04:33:19 PM »

I'm doing well too! Yeah Aislynn!  I was craving falafel the other day and found a recipe for baked falafel patties on All Recipes, but haven't tried it yet. I'll let you all know!

Got great healthy groceries today. Had to tell my nephew he couldn't sit in the cart because it was full of veggies Cheesy They had enormous English cucumbers (bigger than the 4 yo arm) for $.78. Woot!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012 07:39:00 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2012 06:56:25 PM »

You know what they say; fall 7 times, get up 8....so it is with me. I fell WAY off the wagon for my birthday...until today.  Roll Eyes

Tomorrow is getting up to exercise and get back on track. I seem to pair healthy eating with exercise, like wasting my effort on bad calories? Anyway one compliments the other so I'm counting calories tomorrow.

My new goals are to get an appt with a sports medicine doctor to see about why my hip aches a lot and not lose total control on the weekends like I do now. I work 3rd shift then and it seems like I lose control and eat lots of junk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Linnybelle
« Reply #378 on: February 29, 2012 05:00:26 AM »

Third shifts are hard.  I used to work in community mental health group homes and pulled a lot of midnight shifts and it was never easy to eat right those days.

I'm glad I found this thread, I've been losing motivation to exercise again.  This week though, I have a new goal.  If I do all my exercise that I'm supposed to, I can order a belly dance piece of music and if I do two weeks straight through, I can order a hip belt of my very own, instead of having to borrow from the instructor.  Smiley  It's definitely motivating.  Smiley

I'm doing pretty well on the food side.  I love to cook and I made a bunch of things this weekend to eat up during the week, so I haven't been going out or buying extras.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: February 29, 2012 10:33:07 AM »

Hey peeps, I think I might start a little challenge to help us stay motivated! I'm going to offer a prize to someone who makes some goals and keeps them every day. We'll do this next week. Not sure what the prize will be, but either craft or cooking related Cheesy Possibly tailored to the winner. So get ready to step it up next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 5/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 3/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 4/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 1/7
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 9/19
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...