A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 306,063
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 79940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2012 01:02:15 PM »

Thanks CLM! I need to make some stat!

Randomly stumbled onto another veggie burger/pattie recipe. Coconut curry chickpea patties
http://www.asmallloss.com/2012/02/coconut-curry-chickpea-patties.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2012 11:37:33 PM »

Here's a treat I've been working on:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=403402.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2012 12:10:43 AM »

I did terribly today Sad I ate a frozen Tombstone pizza and felt so dirty afterward...

Tomorrow I'm going to eat some of my bananas and strawberries, and make some fresh salsa to make up for the evil pizza. I'm also planning to get some nice healthy light sushi for dinner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Whitney
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2012 12:29:56 AM »

I did ok on my goals for last week - I'd grade my efforts a C. I did REALLY well with my eating goals, but not so good with my exercise and water goals. But, I was a little over a pound lighter when I weighed myself this morning... so... keep on keeping on.

My goals for this week are the same as last:
- Eat breakfast at home every day
- Take my lunch to work every day
- Eat dinner at home 4 days a week
- Drink one bottle of water a day
- Walk 2 miles a day.

Recipes:

This is one of my favorite breakfast smoothies: Almond milk, almond butter, banana, chocolate protein powder, ice - Blend, Drink, Yum!

This week I am making a quinoa salad with blood oranges I got in my produce box, maybe with a meyer lemon vinaigrette - Ingredients: cooked quinoa, blood oranges (supremed AKA cut out of their pith), feta cheese, spinach (cut into ribbons), and parsley. Mix everything in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, an acid (vinegar, citrus, etc), salt and pepper or mix with a premade dressing. I hope it's yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

I am so bored! Crafting boredom...HELP!

« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2012 09:08:30 AM »

I started my new interval routine today...it is meant to burn off tons of calories while still maintaining muscle and strength...it was tough, but I am up for it!

My weekly goals:

1.  Try one new recipe I find here; recommended by you guys.

2.   Continue writing down everything I eat, even if I don't look up all the calories--just having to write it down makes me accountable! Cheesy

3.  I did fairly well with drinking about 6 glasses of water, so I will find a way to add another two or three.

4.  Continue to eat smaller potions at all meals.

5.  Get a decent scale!

I think these are realistic for me this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliot_anne
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2012 11:39:14 AM »

@CLM: I think you could totally bake them instead. In fact, I found a really similar recipe for baked ones. http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/baked-quinoa-patties-recipe.html

As for my goals this week, I want to stay in the kitchen! Haha. I start a new job today, and part of my new job requirements is to make dinner for 2 teenage kids, so that shouldn't be hard. Also, I might have to make one of those water bracelets... I did really (really) well drinking enough liquid yesterday, but that's mostly because it was the Superbowl and we all got drunk. And when I drink, I also drink a LOT of water (I think I woke Sean up three or four times last night to hand me the water cup). It's probably not a good thing that I'm always better hydrated after drinking than I am normally...

Also, I sort of stopped keeping track of what I was eating, mainly because we've been cooking stuff at home, and it's hard to keep track of calories and what not. So I need to keep a notebook of just writing down what I eat, even if I can't track the calories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2012 07:18:44 PM »

I suppose I have to be completely honest: frozen pizza is the one thing I HAVEN'T gotten rid of, in my quest to cook my meals from scratch.  A couple nights a week, I get home pretty late, and it's just so easy to re-heat a piece of frozen pizza.  If it were just me, I'd do something else, but DH is weird about eating something unhealthy (which is pretty much the quickest thing out of his somewhat picky diet) while I eat something healthy.  He knows it's on my hit list for later in the year, though.

At the same time, I did spend the weekend baking.  Right now, that's pretty much my big goal: eat less processed foods.  I still eat bread and cheese, and like I said, the pizza, but otherwise, I'm doing pretty good.  Over the weekend, I baked some teriyaki chicken (sauce made from scratch), some delicious spicy meatballs, and some fresh banana muffins.  Yum!

Oh, and, for anyone who's never heard of it, I use myfitnesspal.com to track what I eat.  It's awesome, as it lets you set your weight loss goals, or maintenance mode, your daily activity level, and then it suggests the amount of calories and nutrients you should shoot for (which you can manually tweak).  And then there's a database of food that you log.  You can add your own, and there's a recipe function that adds up the calories in your homemade food.  Best part: it's free!  I've been using it for a month so far, and I love it!  It's really helped me stay on track.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: February 07, 2012 07:59:23 AM »

Whoa! I fell behind in this thread!

The recipes on here have been superb!

I just got myself a Master Ninja blender and I tried the ice cream recipe they give-it is like a creamy sherbert!

1.5 c. frozen fruit (I used raspberries)
1 c skim milk (I wanna try yogurt)
1/3 c. splenda
vanilla extract to taste.

You pulse it to blend and it becomes a blendery smooth sorbet. I'm thinking of reducing the liquid to make it more solid.

I think this week I'm going to try to reduce flour-or baked things and eat more from trees or plants in general.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

I am so bored! Crafting boredom...HELP!

« Reply #228 on: February 07, 2012 08:17:30 AM »

Aislynn--I bet it is way harder for your generation to not eat pizza...seems like we have more pizza places than gas stations!  I will eat a slice now and then, but I basically avoid it.  I think if you wean yourself off slowly, you will stop craving it...much like giving up cigarettes! Cheesy

The sherbet sounds yummy!

I am making the quinoa burgers I found on here for my weekly goal recipe!  I also printed the black bean burgers for future use...I am going to craft some sort of recipe book to keep all of the healthier recipes I really use.

Salad for lunch today...I had blueberries with greek yogurt for breakfast, an orange for a snack...I am up to 4 glasses of water so I am sure I will meet my goal today!  I only got up once last night to go potty, so I think my body is getting used to the water! Cheesy

Eating more plants is a great goal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Sewing in General Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

'Best of 2014' Winner

« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2012 09:33:45 AM »

hawkeyes_girl - adding a little ice should help thicken it, too.  Kind of like a milkshake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stenciled Table
Tute Tuesday: Mrs. Weasley Inspired Burrow Afghan
Creative Craft Supplies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...