A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 315,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 78584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2012 04:12:20 PM »

Thanks for the veggie burger link, Mare!! Those look yummy. 

craftylittlemonkey - my perfect pickler arrived today! I can't wait to try it Smiley!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2012 04:14:48 PM »

I just got mine out of the cupboard today too! I'll be doing cauliflower with carrot spears, ginger and garlic. Maybe a bit of celery too though it comes out with an odd texture. I was wanting to include some green beans but that means a trip to the grocery store so we'll see. Take pics of what you make Lime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
DncingDreamer

music is what feelings sound like

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2012 04:39:44 PM »

I've made these and LOVED them. Instead of the potato, though, I subbed in some barley I had cooked in veggie stock. I'm sure you could sub in quinoa  if you wanted.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/veggie-burger-recipe/index.html

Has anyone tried the MorningStar Chipotle Black Bean burgers yet? I'm intrigued.

For a fun idea for Sunday we make veggie burger stuffed mushrooms. I got the idea from a girl at Weight Watchers awhile back. You take thawed MorningStar Garden Veggie patties, chop/crumble them up as small as you can, add an egg and a little bit of parm and put it into the mushrooms that you've stemmed and cleaned. You can do big portobellos or little button mushrooms. I just the button ones. Then you cook them at 350* until a fork goes easily into the mushroom. (When I ran out of mushrooms to fill I made the rest into "meatballs" and put some in my sweet & sour sauce. YUMMY!) They're super yummy and NO ONE will figure out they're veggie burgers unless you tell them. My poor vegetarian SIL barely got any because everyone else ate them first haha

Also, I plan on making this lowfat Buffalo Chicken Dip that I found. I've made it before and brought it to work and EVERYONE made me give them the recipe. It's good cold but REALLY yummy warm. I served it with celery and scoop Tostitos. I actually thought it was BETTER with the celery. Added the cooling for the spice and the good crunch. The only things I did differently was use lowfat instead of nonfat sour cream and used the Frank's Wing sauce instead of just hot sauce. I also baked it at 350* for 20 minutes instead of doing it in the crockpot.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip.html

Definitely check out that website for lots of awesome recipes, too. I've made some REALLY good stuff from there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2012 09:27:30 PM »

I just got mine out of the cupboard today too! I'll be doing cauliflower with carrot spears, ginger and garlic. Maybe a bit of celery too though it comes out with an odd texture. I was wanting to include some green beans but that means a trip to the grocery store so we'll see. Take pics of what you make Lime!

Yum! Would it be weird if I now want a Perfect Pickler just to pickle green beans to put in Bloody Mary's? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2012 11:23:38 PM »

Yum! Would it be weird if I now want a Perfect Pickler just to pickle green beans to put in Bloody Mary's? Cheesy
Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2012 07:15:10 AM »

LOL, nope. Wait until you try them, there is nothing tastier than fermented green beans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliot_anne
« Reply #236 on: February 04, 2012 12:51:46 PM »

I finally got around to making those quinoa patties last night! Oh man, why did I wait!! So good! All I added to mine was a handful of cut up mushrooms, and avocado on top.

Two notes: 1. Don't use as much garlic as the recipe calls for. It overpowers everything, which is fine if you REALLY like garlic, and don't mind garlic breath. Sean wasn't impressed. 2. Try it plain with the avocado first. And don't be shy with the avocado (particularly if there's too much garlic). Delicious!!

I managed to get 10 patties out of it, and they are FILLING. I ate 3 last night for dinner and was stuffed. Put the rest in tupperware in the fridge. Having 2 for lunch today, and they are just as good cold as they are warm. I will DEFINITELY be making this recipe again.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: February 04, 2012 02:57:25 PM »

Oh man, those look delish! I don't have a non-stick pan, do you think I could bake them instead? I'm going to give it a try and see, I'll just do one patty to test it out. We've got a friend coming to visit for a week with her little baby (she's burned out and needs some help to get refocused and re-balanced) and I plan on totally spoiling them with amazing vegetarian food. This looks like a perfect dish, we've got perfectly ripe avos right now too, yay!
I'm going to make rice paper cold rolls too, we did those last week and they were SO amazing. Has anybody here tried those? There are a ton of recipes online and it's super easy. Make a nice peanut sauce to go with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #238 on: February 04, 2012 03:39:10 PM »

What a yummy endorsement!

CLM--do you like seaweed?  I love making rice paper seaweed rolls...Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: February 04, 2012 03:42:15 PM »

We love seaweed! I have some kelp my boy eats as a snack, lol. Lots of nori sheets in the cupboards too, I'm going to soak some sunflower and pumpkin seeds for pate (veggie, rice free "sushi" nori rolls). YUM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 19/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 11/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 1/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 17/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 12/28
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...