A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 308,231
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 81856 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2012 08:45:47 PM »

Health prompt for this week:

What is one small habit you are going to work on changing for a healthier one this week? Maybe you drink a lot of soda and are going to replace one soda a day with a glass of water. Maybe instead of a bag of chips at lunch you will have an apple on the side.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2012 08:46:08 PM »

What is one small habit you are going to work on changing for a healthier one this week? Maybe you drink a lot of soda and are going to replace one soda a day with a glass of water. Maybe instead of a bag of chips at lunch you will have an apple on the side.

I've been eating too much bread lately, it's definitely my weakness! This week I'm going to halve my bread portions and replace them with more protein, fruits, or veggies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2012 09:10:21 PM »

I tend to snack late into the evening. I'm going to try to trade the before bed snacks for a glass of water or cup of tea.

Mare, we've been getting this carb curber bread lately...
http://www.thebreadgarden.com/bg_carb.php

It's a little chewy but the flavor is okay. I toast a piece with a laughing cow cheese for breakfast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2012 09:18:52 PM »

Thanks Lime! I'll have to look for that. I do like sprouted grain bread, I can't remember the kind I used to get though.

A cup of tea before bed sounds like a nice treat! I'm pretty snacky in the evening too so I am putting some 94% ff microwaved popcorn (or, even better, made with my air popper) for my snack at night and figuring the calories for it into my day ahead of time.

I just made myself a tentative menu plan (with a few options for different days). Sometimes I'm just like, der, what should I eat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliot_anne
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2012 10:09:20 PM »

I'm going to try to drink more water. When I feel hungry, I'm going to drink a glass of water BEFORE I start making food. I've heard the statistics that "some outrageous percent of Americans is at least somewhat dehydrated," and I /know/ I am one of them! All I really drink is water (except occasionally when we go out to eat, I might treat myself with a no-caffeine Sprite or Rootbeer. But even still, I know I don't drink enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2012 10:53:54 PM »

I'm going to try to drink more water. When I feel hungry, I'm going to drink a glass of water BEFORE I start making food. I've heard the statistics that "some outrageous percent of Americans is at least somewhat dehydrated," and I /know/ I am one of them! All I really drink is water (except occasionally when we go out to eat, I might treat myself with a no-caffeine Sprite or Rootbeer. But even still, I know I don't drink enough.

Me too! Drinking water is a big problem for me :/

I snack a lot during the day and late at night too. Sometimes when I get home from work I'm too tired to make anything, so I eat junk. I want to get some fruit and veg this week to have for snacking. The frozen grapes thing is a GREAT idea, and there's a strawberry stand by the school I work at that just opened for the season. I also love eating little cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks with a bit of light ranch.

Planning to take my lunch to work again tomorrow--I'll have to check my tomato plants in the morning and see if there are any goodies ready Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2012 01:29:42 PM »

I did not do very well with the water thing most days, so i'm going to work on that again this week.
Doing pretty well getting my veggies in, though! Haven't worked out much lately, but at least i'm eating better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2012 07:37:57 PM »

Hey peeps! I'm working on finding new healthy dishes for supper (other meals too, but mostly supper). I'm adding to my Pinterest board if anyone is interested. If you have a healthy recipe pinterest board too please share, I'd love to follow!

http://pinterest.com/soapsbymaremare/healthy-eats/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2012 07:40:45 PM »

I did not do very well with the water thing most days, so i'm going to work on that again this week.
Doing pretty well getting my veggies in, though! Haven't worked out much lately, but at least i'm eating better!

My water is starting to taste blah to me, I think I'm going to start keeping a pitcher in the fridge with some lemon and cucumber slices in it...maybe a bag of mint tea too since I don't have any fresh mint.  Good job on the veggies! Anything in particular you're liking right now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

felix-xx
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2012 08:45:50 PM »

I'm a big lover of my morning coffee. Every day, whether I'm at home or at work. I need it.
I'm going to try and replace my usual half-and-half cream in said coffee with skim milk. I already use a small amount of 'raw' turbinado sugar which is better than it's bleached-out cousin. Hoping this will help!

I've had a hard time drinking more water... I've been, over the past few years, having lots of problems with my 'lady parts'. As a result I've had my share of ultrasounds and believe me ladies, nobody should EVER have to pee that badly and be restrained from doing so. Not pleasant! Everytime I get myself a large glass of water that's all I can think about and that alone makes me feel all gross inside. But I'm trying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want so badly to believe that there is truth and love is real.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...