A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 46496 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

felix-xx
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2012 01:49:10 PM »

I've been pretty good at eating my breakfast all week! I live with my boyfriend, and he has a close friend who stays over a few nights a week because of how close our apartment is to their college. On Wednesday morning I got up and made them bacon, eggs, and 'potato pancakes' (frozen things from Mccain) and didn't eat any of it! I ate a delicious plate of avocado, cottage cheese, and grapes.
I've been eating alot of fruit and vegetables and staying away from fried foods and bad snacks even when they're right in front of me.

Yesterday I put together a quick soup because I had the morning off of work and it's delicious! It was carrot and squash with coriander and cumin, finished off with skim milk instead of cream. It's tasty and healthy!

So glad to hear we're all doing well!  Cheesy

EDIT: I also joined myfitnesspal... my name over there is 'kdignard'... See you there!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012 02:02:00 PM by felix-xx » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want so badly to believe that there is truth and love is real.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2012 01:51:58 PM »

Soooo at the beginning of the week I had my goal I wanted to work on (5 fruits and veggies a day) but then I also decided to count calories and be under a certain number and work out and blah blah it was a bit overwhelming and I ended up doing none of it for a couple days! Yesterday I went back to focusing on just the fruits and veggies and I'm already eating better. I think I need to incorporate a few new healthy habits slowly and not overwhelm myself with everything I want to change at once.

Still trying to figure out dinner, I'm low on veggies and out of bread and not sure if I want to venture out to the store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2012 02:16:58 PM »

Today I made mashed garlic cauliflower.

would love a few tips on how you made that..my current goal is low/no carbs during the week, although I do have some quinoa and kidney beans at lunchtime, i will allow myself one serve of carbs on weekend days. I had lost about 50lbs on the HCG diet, but ate really badly for most of the autumn/christmas and gained about 16 of that back...but the no carb thing since Monday has dropped 3.74lbs, which is good. it was recently gained so it will fall away fast. And a good reminder not to sabotage my recent losses!!

so I have two goals for the next few weeks. no bread, pasta, etc during the week. And I don't take the elevator at work until the end of january (we are only a three story building, but it is verboten to me!!)

I made it this way:

unfroze frozen garlic flavored califlower florets (2 bags) in the microwave (steamed). You can use milk, butter/margarine, cream cheese, whatever you use to make mashed spuds. You mash it (or use a blender/food processor) as with spuds. I think you could add any spices you want too. Very easy. Texture is not exactly the same but very nice on it's own merits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2012 04:54:34 PM »

I'm making these salmon patties for dinner! I added some lemon zest and cayenne pepper as well as cooked minced red onion with minced celery to add in (and reduced the fat a bit). I desperately need to get veggies from the store, but I'm making baked onion rings from here on Craftster as well as a bit of salad and some sad looking broccoli I would like to use up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2012 07:31:40 PM »

I've been getting vegetables in every day. And I cooked quinoa the other day and have been eating that. Great substitute for rice. Tonight I had vegetables with some shrimp and quinoa with just a little sweet and sour sauce.

I need to pick up other types of vegetables next time I'm out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
usamoshiko
The kawaii, insane girl of glueness fandom

I will punish you, with this glue pot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2012 01:51:12 AM »

I'm going to hop on board to try and make my eating habits healthier.

I don't think I completely take away all bad foods but make them a treat once a week for now and see now that goes.

Two things I definitely need to work on this year is:

- Eating Breakfast and Lunch more often. Ever since I stopped going to university last year, I barely eat a lunch and only have breakfast twice a week, if I have change to get something for breakfast at all.
- Eating more fruit and vegetables. My main source for these right now is canned soups and some microwavable dinners (excluding home cooked dinners as some had veg some didn't).

I'm a bit late to say what my goal of the week is though hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wish I had a angel, for one moment of love, I wish I had your angel, your virgin mary undone. I'm in love with my dust, burning angel wings to dust, I wish I had your angel tonight. (Nightwish - I wish I had a angel)
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2012 06:22:18 AM »

Hey, my son came home with a nutrition assignment yesterday, how timely! It's funny that the school is trying to teach him nutrition, lol, I've been studying it for nearly 20 years and that silly food pyramid is beyond ridiculous.
So I entered his daily diet (vegetarian, no dairy) into the nutritiondata site to get a read out of everything and he's gotten more than enough protein including the essential amino acids that are generally thought to be available in sufficient quantities only in meat, way enough calcium, all the vits and minerals, calories, TONS of fiber etc. All I can do is laugh when people insist you can't be healthy without meat and dairy, LOL.
Now I just have to put everything I know into practice for myself ALL the time instead of sporadically.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2012 08:21:38 AM »

I have done really well this week.  I have been counting my calories and have worked out everyday for the past 9 days.  Last night we were very overwhelmed and had to hit a drive-thru but I got the chicken fajita pita from Jack in the Box, no fries! 

I know that tomorrow is going to be a major cheat day cause it's my son's b-day party.  I feel really good though so I don't want to blow it too much!

I haven't lost a pound yet but my pants are feeling a little less snug....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I like to craft and cook, come see...
My Blog

50 Projects in 2013
Miss Whitney
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2012 05:53:30 PM »

Alright! I'm ready to set my goals (yes, it's Friday night, I am aware...)

My goals for this week are simple! Eat breakfast at home every day, and bring my lunch to work every day. I'm going grocery shopping tonight, and will probably pick up some "healthy" cereal and almond milk for breakfast, as well as smoothie stuff. I'll make a green salad for lunch for maybe 3 days, and then maybe a grain salad of some sort, or a soup! Oh, and KALE CHIPS! So yummy, so yummy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2012 11:37:11 PM »

Well, I'm pretty pleased with my first week. I've written down everything that's gone into my mouth and just from being a little bit aware of that I've lost 2 lbs. So my next goal is to start walking which for me is a chore. (there! I've said it). Also bought some cauliflower that I need to find a recipe for that DH will eat also. (I can't eat garlic. Well, I can it's just that the consequences aren't very pleasant and I love garlic.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Neon Glow in Illustrator CS3
How to Create a New Blank Document in Illustrator CS3
How to Create a New Blank Document in InDesign CS3
How to Create a New Color Swatch in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a New Document From a Template in Illustrator CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...