A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,957
Currently Running With Scissors:
370 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 80849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FruityLoops

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012 03:12:02 AM »

Ooh btw if anyone wants to friend me on myfitnesspal my name is the same as on here - FruityLoops Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Cooking Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012 09:53:11 AM »

Ooh btw if anyone wants to friend me on myfitnesspal my name is the same as on here - FruityLoops Smiley

Same goes for me!  I haven't figured out how to add friends yet but if you have, add me!

I used SparkPeople last year but am finding that I really like myfitnesspal.com much better.  It's easier to use. 
I will be trying a recipe from my Eat This Not That 2011 book tonight.  If it's good I will be posting it on my blog and will let you all know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FruityLoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012 11:37:45 AM »

Same goes for me!  I haven't figured out how to add friends yet but if you have, add me!

I used SparkPeople last year but am finding that I really like myfitnesspal.com much better.  It's easier to use. 
I will be trying a recipe from my Eat This Not That 2011 book tonight.  If it's good I will be posting it on my blog and will let you all know!

Lindy, is your MFP name the same as your Craftster name?  I searched and found a lindyv321 but thought I'd just double check it was you before adding you as a friend!

I love MFP also, I used to use Weight Loss Resources which was very helpful but it wasn't free so I had to eventually drop it so I was really pleased to find MyFitnessPal Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012 02:52:59 PM »

Okay, i bought quinoa last night. I tried it once a couple years ago, but i didn't know what to do with it... and did not care for it. So, who has some really good and pretty simple recipes i should try?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FruityLoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012 02:56:54 PM »

Yummy yum, a healthy and fresh Sweet Potato, Chicken, Coconut and Chilli soup for tea, with some freshly baked granary bread  Cheesy

And plenty leftover for my lunch the next 2 days!

EDIT: Forgot to add that my goal is going well so far, filled in my food diary the last 2 days Smiley
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012 03:35:06 PM by FruityLoops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2012 03:13:21 PM »

That looks delish!

My weekly goal is going pretty well so far...need to remember to fill up my water pitcher/filter more often! Also want to get some fruit to cut up and freeze and eat in the mornings.

Instead of going to the fast food cafeteria for lunch at the office today, I made a salad with arugula, cherry tomatoes from my own plants, salami chunks from my croissant sandwich last night, and balsamic vinegar/olive oil! It was so delicious! I had a babybel gouda cheese too and some tapioca pudding for dessert. So much better than the normal grilled cheese and french fries lunch.

yum yum yum yum yum healthy food
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012 05:55:53 PM »

Epic fail today and one tiny success.

I was overwhelmed today with shakiness so my work buddy gave me a packet of pop tarts. oops. and a hoho. double oops. I don't know if was accidental caffeine overdose or just a blood sugar thing.

My one virtue today was that I did make the mason jar salads and took one to work with reduced fat dressing. I ate 90% of it with my main course, pasta with red sauce and TVP crumbles. It was fab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012 09:12:23 PM »

That soup looks so yummy!

Banaleg--Quinoa is so small that it is easy to have it just be a soppy mess.  My mom had a recipe that I made her when she was not feeling well.  It was a pudding type of deal...like rice pudding.  It used soy milk, some sweetener, an egg I think, and spices.  It was a stove top pudding as well.  But I don't remember anything more then that about it all.  It might be good in some kind of salad, since it seems to need something with more substance with it.  I also seem to remember that it cooks much faster then the instructions I had...for just boiling a pot of it I mean.  I also think I saw a chef on TV toast it a bit in a pan before adding the liquid.  I think he used broth too and not water.  He did it like a risotto...just a bit of the liquid at a time.  It was easier to keep it from over cooking that way.
Hope that helps Grin

I have eaten rather large breakfasts Mon. and Tue.  Monday I made 4 strips of bacon, poached egg over a bed of spinache.  If I had to eat it was going to be yummy heheh.  Today it was sausage and egg and 1/2 an English muffin.   I will work on healthyer options in the next few weeks.  I did feel a bit more energetic during the day today Grin
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012 09:17:28 PM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
HolaKitty

The nectar of life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012 11:31:27 PM »

quinoa is great, I love making risotto for it. The only annoying that is that you're supposed to pre-soak it for hours, however I ususally can't be bothered and it turns out okay anyway  Cheesy

I've been doing really good this week. Staying within my calorie range and for the most part hitting my fiber goal (fell short on Monday though).

I weigh myself every Saturday but had a quick peak this morning and I'm 5lbs down from what I was on Saturday! I am very excited but trying not to count my chickens just yet beceause I'm donating blood on Thurs so I won't be able to work out on Thurs or Fri so that might have an impact. Still, I'm feeling really awesome at the moment!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

Blog: http://kaylascraftstall.blogspot.com/
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KaylasCraftStall
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/kaylatab/
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2012 11:49:14 PM »

I've been doing pretty well getting vegetables in. Of course, there's always room for more. My family had spaghetti tonight, so I made myself some whole wheat pasta and threw some veggies in.

And I made my first green monster! Needs some work, but getting more spinach into my diet is a good thing!

Thanks for the quinoa tips. Excited to try it out tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...