A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,746
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 55181 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2012 02:53:32 PM »

I've heard livestrong is pretty good too. Weird it was having problems, how annoying! If you go into your settings you can track all those extra things too on MFP, it just has certain starting settings. If you go to the Food Tab, and then to Settings you can add and change different things. Besides calories you can add 5 more things to track from a long list. I add sugar and fiber, but you could add sodium or a specific vitamin or whatever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2012 03:28:35 PM »

So I know my portions are more in line with what they should be but I feel like I am STARVING!!! Dang our messed up views of what we think a portion size is and what a real portion size is.  I know it's going to take a few days for me to get used this. 

I added a bunch of weight watchers recipes to the Yummy board on my Pinterest if anyone is looking for some new recipes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012 03:35:04 PM »

It is funny adjusting to the feeling of 3/4 full instead of totally stuffed but it's easier for the body to digest and extract nutrition if you aren't totally full. Jamming all that food in at once along with drinks in a breakfast-pushing-lunch-pushing-dinner-pushing-breakfast style of eating can actually leave you feeling MORE hungry because your body rushes food through way too fast and doesn't get the nutrition it needs. It is totally possible to be starving from a vitamin and mineral perspective even though we've loaded up with calories. That's a mistake a lot of people make, grabbing for snack that have low nutritive value. Your body will hit you with another hunger signal very quickly because what it really wants is not what it's getting.

Anyhow, that not-quite-full feeling takes time to get used to but once you have it's great, nice and light instead of heavy or sleepy. Energized!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
FruityLoops

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012 03:09:32 AM »

For me personally it's more about fat and portion control, I've always had a pretty healthy diet (just too much of it!), I love fish and veg particularly so I've never had a problem with vitamins and general health, though admittedly I am a chocoholic!  I do have a med condition though which makes it very hard to lose weight, and I pretty much gain weight just by looking at food  Embarrassed .  I managed to lose 7 stone about 8 years ago, but subsequently put it back on  Undecided   I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis last year though and am on immuno-suppressants so it's very important for me to stay off the naughties and eat super healthy and low fat (since I can't exercise much anymore) and try and lose weight in 2012, hence the very the low fat diet my GP has me on, 1 stone down and counting!!  I'm a great advocate for stir fries and soup, I love my wok!! Smiley

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and really packed on the pounds when I was on steroids to control it for a couple years. Luckily I was able to find a medicine regime that didn't include those, but the pounds are still here. My joints will be so happier when I lose some weight!

Thankfully I'm not on steroids, I can't imagine adding medication induced hunger to my existing love of food!!  They have me on methotrexate at the moment which has probably helped my diet if anything because of the nausea it causes plus the food/drink restrictions, lol.  I think this healthy eats-along is just what I need for extra motivation though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FruityLoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012 03:12:02 AM »

Ooh btw if anyone wants to friend me on myfitnesspal my name is the same as on here - FruityLoops Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2012 09:53:11 AM »

Ooh btw if anyone wants to friend me on myfitnesspal my name is the same as on here - FruityLoops Smiley

Same goes for me!  I haven't figured out how to add friends yet but if you have, add me!

I used SparkPeople last year but am finding that I really like myfitnesspal.com much better.  It's easier to use. 
I will be trying a recipe from my Eat This Not That 2011 book tonight.  If it's good I will be posting it on my blog and will let you all know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FruityLoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2012 11:37:45 AM »

Same goes for me!  I haven't figured out how to add friends yet but if you have, add me!

I used SparkPeople last year but am finding that I really like myfitnesspal.com much better.  It's easier to use. 
I will be trying a recipe from my Eat This Not That 2011 book tonight.  If it's good I will be posting it on my blog and will let you all know!

Lindy, is your MFP name the same as your Craftster name?  I searched and found a lindyv321 but thought I'd just double check it was you before adding you as a friend!

I love MFP also, I used to use Weight Loss Resources which was very helpful but it wasn't free so I had to eventually drop it so I was really pleased to find MyFitnessPal Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2012 02:52:59 PM »

Okay, i bought quinoa last night. I tried it once a couple years ago, but i didn't know what to do with it... and did not care for it. So, who has some really good and pretty simple recipes i should try?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
FruityLoops

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2012 02:56:54 PM »

Yummy yum, a healthy and fresh Sweet Potato, Chicken, Coconut and Chilli soup for tea, with some freshly baked granary bread  Cheesy

And plenty leftover for my lunch the next 2 days!

EDIT: Forgot to add that my goal is going well so far, filled in my food diary the last 2 days Smiley
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012 03:35:06 PM by FruityLoops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2012 03:13:21 PM »

That looks delish!

My weekly goal is going pretty well so far...need to remember to fill up my water pitcher/filter more often! Also want to get some fruit to cut up and freeze and eat in the mornings.

Instead of going to the fast food cafeteria for lunch at the office today, I made a salad with arugula, cherry tomatoes from my own plants, salami chunks from my croissant sandwich last night, and balsamic vinegar/olive oil! It was so delicious! I had a babybel gouda cheese too and some tapioca pudding for dessert. So much better than the normal grilled cheese and french fries lunch.

yum yum yum yum yum healthy food
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bridget Minamore Performs Her Poem "Kings College Hospital"
On the Road With Atria’s Great Mystery Bus Tour
Anne Easter Smith on Richard III
Child of Vengeance by David Kirk
Poor Little Bitch Girl by Jackie Collins
Latest Blog Articles
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...