A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 46460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hgddm
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012 09:24:34 PM »

Ooh, looks delicious! I had some fiberlicious whole grain pasta with homemade organic tomato sauce tonight...filling and got a couple veggie servings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012 11:47:56 PM »

Yep. I put cinnamon on raw apples. By far my favorite way to eat apples -- cold, crisp, covered in cinnamon. Smiley

I don't have a specific amount of vegetables in mind yet. Right now, I just want to focus on making sure to eat them each day.

I, too, am jealous of your vitamix, CLM! Every year, I go to the fair and just stand and watch the vitamix guy go through his spiel a few times. Oh, the smoothies I could make with that thing... And soup! Man...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012 12:28:51 AM »

Okay, my first goal is to start writing down everything that goes into my mouth. (Did this before and lost weight. This time I need to get to my optimal weight) Second goal is to try to eat breakfast.
I acknowledge that my problem is not over eating but not eating properly. That has to change! So here goes! I'm so glad to be here and not doing this alone! Wonderful support group!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FruityLoops

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012 03:06:33 AM »

Speaking of small plates...I had a nibbles type dinner tonight and grabbed one of my nephews' divided kiddie plates. You can't see but there are adorable fish, turtle, and a seahorse under the food. Random eats--hummus, reduced fat ranch dip (ate half and had to go back for more carrots), carrots (I don't buy a lot of organic stuff because I'm poor, but these are so much better tasting than regular ones...the ones pictured were regular, my refill was organic...tasty!), pita crackers, and turkey sausage.

Ooh that looks yummy, I love a nibbly meal like that and love the idea of using a divided plate for it!  I always wanted to get a cute bento box to stuff full of nice healthy nibbles like that for work but never got round to getting one, I did still take some stuff in mini tupperware tubs for snacks but it wasn't as fun Smiley

Feel free to add me on MFP (anyone) if you like--maremare312. That's too bad you can't get egg whites in a carton easily like you can in the US! The fat is in the yolk, but also so are most of the vitamins. I've read a lot of articles lately that recommend eating one yolk a day and then additional egg whites, but it all depends on your nutrition goals Smiley (and I just read your second post about very low fat diet). I do egg white scrambles when I want to add chicken sausage and other yummy stuff that ups the calories so I get more food for my calorie count!

Just sent a friend request, and about to start my first day of my goal of recording my food, I tend to get complacent with portion sizes when I'm not recording it so it's very important for me!! 

For me personally it's more about fat and portion control, I've always had a pretty healthy diet (just too much of it!), I love fish and veg particularly so I've never had a problem with vitamins and general health, though admittedly I am a chocoholic!  I do have a med condition though which makes it very hard to lose weight, and I pretty much gain weight just by looking at food  Embarrassed .  I managed to lose 7 stone about 8 years ago, but subsequently put it back on  Undecided   I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis last year though and am on immuno-suppressants so it's very important for me to stay off the naughties and eat super healthy and low fat (since I can't exercise much anymore) and try and lose weight in 2012, hence the very the low fat diet my GP has me on, 1 stone down and counting!!  I'm a great advocate for stir fries and soup, I love my wok!! Smiley

3. Apple slicer.

Growing up, I never had an apple slicer. As stupid as it sounds, I don't like eating apples right off the core. I'm much more likely to eat (and finish) an apple if it's in slices. However, I never wanted to go to the trouble of slicing the stupid thing, so I just didn't eat them. Once I moved in with my fiance, he showed me this nifty little thing called an apple slicer. Shaped like a spoked wheel with handles, you shove the thing down, and voila! 8 perfect slices, with the core separated. Now I eat apples all the time, because it takes me 2 seconds to slice it!

Thanx elliot_anne, I just ordered an oxo goodgrips apple slicer last night thanx to you  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparrowlegs
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012 06:14:43 AM »

that looks YUMMY! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not a sheep, I dont follow....
AND please be aware, I am in England, so my spellings and sayings may seem a lil bit weird lol
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2012 07:00:48 AM »

I, too, am jealous of your vitamix, CLM! Every year, I go to the fair and just stand and watch the vitamix guy go through his spiel a few times. Oh, the smoothies I could make with that thing... And soup! Man...

Did you know they often sell those demo models for a very reduced price after the shows? Same warranty as new too! I bought mine refurbished from their website for about $150 off. Call them up and see if they have anything on sale!
I have an Excalibur dehydrator I bought refurbished and an air purifier, I got great deals on all of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2012 09:47:33 AM »

Hi everyone!  I am wanting to lose about 40 lbs.  I quit smoking and became lazy oh and the beer didn't help anything and have gained 40 lbs.  BLEH!  I am trying to eat less processed foods and am trying to make better food choices in general for myself and my kids.  Oh and no more beer!  I found out that my brand of choice has 110 calories!!! I was blown away! 

I find that if I make a meal plan ahead of time then I tend to stick to it.  If there is no plan then no one can decide what to make for dinner and we end up at a drive thru or ordering pizza.  So my goal for the week is to make my lunch and cook dinner every day this week and to work out every evening.

For lunch I have a mix of lettuce, kale, and spinach with roasted chicken along with a side of fresh strawberries and blueberries.  I will eat this all week since I have enough to get me through. 

I joined My Fitness pal and will start to track what I am eating too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I like to craft and cook, come see...
My Blog

50 Projects in 2013
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2012 11:09:43 AM »

For lunch I have a mix of lettuce, kale, and spinach with roasted chicken along with a side of fresh strawberries and blueberries.  I will eat this all week since I have enough to get me through. 

I joined My Fitness pal and will start to track what I am eating too!

Hi Lindy! I hear ya on the lazy dinners! Your lunch sounds yummy!

Did you know they often sell those demo models for a very reduced price after the shows? Same warranty as new too! I bought mine refurbished from their website for about $150 off. Call them up and see if they have anything on sale!
I have an Excalibur dehydrator I bought refurbished and an air purifier, I got great deals on all of them.

Ooh great tip! I'll have to check that out. My dad recently gave me a dehydrator but I haven't played with it yet.

For me personally it's more about fat and portion control, I've always had a pretty healthy diet (just too much of it!), I love fish and veg particularly so I've never had a problem with vitamins and general health, though admittedly I am a chocoholic!  I do have a med condition though which makes it very hard to lose weight, and I pretty much gain weight just by looking at food  Embarrassed .  I managed to lose 7 stone about 8 years ago, but subsequently put it back on  Undecided   I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis last year though and am on immuno-suppressants so it's very important for me to stay off the naughties and eat super healthy and low fat (since I can't exercise much anymore) and try and lose weight in 2012, hence the very the low fat diet my GP has me on, 1 stone down and counting!!  I'm a great advocate for stir fries and soup, I love my wok!! Smiley

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and really packed on the pounds when I was on steroids to control it for a couple years. Luckily I was able to find a medicine regime that didn't include those, but the pounds are still here. My joints will be so happier when I lose some weight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2012 02:40:52 PM »

I'm loving Fit Sugar Health and have added it to my Google Reader.

This article has some tips on getting extra veggies into our lunches, something most of us can probably use!
http://www.fitsugar.com/How-Eat-More-Vegetables-Lunch-21205448#read-more
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
elliot_anne
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2012 02:47:38 PM »

I joined myfitnesspal! Same username as here, if anyone wants to add me.

I was looking at livestrong.com's food tracker, and it's really nice - it has a bunch of categories, not just cals, carbs, fats, and proteins. It also tracked sodium intake, fiber, and cholesterol. The only problem: it wouldn't let me register!! After messing with it for about half an hour, I gave up. Then I saw a bunch of you guys are going myfitnesspal, and it essentially works the same way, so yea. Signed up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew Straight on the Sewing Machine
How to Stitch Blackwork Embroidery
How to Sew a Dart on Garments
How to Do Ribbon Embroidery
How to Paint Warhammer Miniatures
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...