A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 50115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: May 04, 2012 12:45:51 PM »

I'm down about 10 pounds since Saturday, which is probably normal for the first week and cutting out so much of the salt and processed foods and stuff and now I think my weight loss should be a more normal 2 pounds a week or so. I'm not really feeling deprived but I'm not being crazy strict. One day this week we hadn't eaten much for the day and we had 2 eggs with toast for dinner, and last night I pulled some homemade bean with ham soup out of the freezer to eat. But other than that I've been pretty much on plan and haven't had any sugar other than fruit or any processed food other than bread (and you're allowed one starchy veg or serving of bread or rice or pasta a day), and I've only been eating my 3 meals, not snacking in between or at night, which is also huge for me!

I'm honestly not hungry or craving things, which is kind of a wonderful feeling in itself!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012 12:46:39 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Naantje
« Reply #471 on: May 04, 2012 02:52:19 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Smiley It's my third day of logging food again (going to bed in a bit, done eating for today) and I can allready tell it's having an effect. Not that I'm eating a lot healthier yet or anything, but the consciousness is coming back. I'm counting calories (I use livestrong), and I've calculated both the maintenance level (daily calories I can eat without gaining weight) which is about 2200 a day, and 1 pound a week loss, which comes down to just over 1700. I ate over the maintenance level today and wednesday, and was just at maintenance level yesterday. I ate an average of 625 calories over my weight loss goal every day. Not good!

I'm not stressing yet: I need the time to readjust, and I CAN already feel my mentality changing again. When I'm looking at a cookie, I'll wonder: are you worth messing up my tally today? My mind is switching back to the calculating, and I can allready identify a pattern. Last time, I really had to fight 4 PM snacking, but that's not my issue anymore. Right now? Snacking in the evenings. We're having supper earlier now (we used to have dinner around 8pm, it's closer to 7pm now) and I feel the urge to eat (and overeat!) later on. I need to either find a healthier kind of snack or make sure that I have a calorie allowance for the evenings. I would usually do cauliflower, but it has too much vitamin K in it, and that messes with my pills...

Also: I rode my bike to the hospital today, and my blood values are good again Smiley It's only the second time that they're okay, so I'm really happy. I hope the weather will keep allowing bicycle rides. Today was 7km, last Monday (a holiday), we did 36km, it's good.

@Mare: nice start Smiley It will slow down a lot though, or at least, it should if it's a healthy diet. After the first 2 weeks, losing more than 2 pounds a week is generally considered not safe/sustainable, but the first 2 weeks often have an initial rush.

@alwaysinmyroom: don't let it hold you back! I'm planning a sexy photoshoot with a good friend of mine who is an amateur photographer, even though I'm still as heavy as I am today (and with a BMI of 31.4, I can assure you I AM heavy) because I feel I shouldn't have to wait until I reach that perfect weight. After all, my boyfriend loves me and thinks I'm sexy as I am today, and there must be something to it. I'm putting off this weight to become a healthier person, but who I am now is just as valuable as who I'll be when the extra pounds are all gone. Is it scary as hell? Absolutely! Is it going to be totally worth it? Totally! Pick one thing on your list that you would like to do, but currently don't because of how you feel. Try to make at least that one thing come true for you. The rest might well follow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #472 on: May 07, 2012 09:29:24 AM »

awww--what great advice...I know I am harder on myself and have to just learn to live and love the extra pudgey me! Cheesy

I have cut out most snacking mindlessly by having to write things down...writing things down shocks me...like eating two pop tarts is 440 calories EACH...and who eats just one in the wrapper?  wow...

My doctor wants me to get three inches off my waist by end of summer...it will help me with my hip issue not to have the tummy...

Mare--as usual, you have some great ideas and inspiration...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #473 on: May 07, 2012 04:31:56 PM »

well I am starting another round of HCG, it works well for me. Weight loss is dramatic and stable, until I stop watching what I eat, eat rubbish and stop weighing myself every morning! So it is a 21 one day round. it is a PITA in some respects, but incredibly detoxing and nice to get rid of all the artificial everythings out of my system.

see you in 21 days about 18lbs lighter...that is about my usual loss for this diet...then I will be breaking out the no carbs and no sugar recipes for another 21 days..then back to normal..draconian, but it is worth it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafterbate!
« Reply #474 on: May 17, 2012 04:19:02 PM »

Great way to start my year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belle*
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #475 on: May 18, 2012 11:39:25 AM »

a quickie recipe for those who need an ice-cream-ish treat...extremely healthy

take about a cup of frozen raspberries per person, add some stevia to taste, a splash of water and use a stick blender or processer to zuzz it up until very smooth...voila, raspberry sorbet...very yummy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: May 22, 2012 07:54:18 PM »

If anyone can get their hands on a Ninja blender, I have an ice cream recipe similar to Edel's (it only works in the ninja due to the 2 blades it has) I use the food processor bowl, perfect size!

3/4 cup skim milk
2 pkts artificial sweetner if you like
18 frozen strawberries (or about the same volume other frozen fruit)-NOT thawed!
Place in blender, pulse until thick.
It has the consistency of slightly soft soft serve ice cream! Only 200 calories for about a pint!

ALSO: Since Feb. I have lost 8 pounds and completed physical therapy! I am back to running! Still slow and steady (and pokey) but I'm doin it! Woooooooo!

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: May 23, 2012 06:51:05 AM »

I was away for 2 weeks so you can just imagine what I was eating, oh boy. 6 days were camping with meals provided and the food was spectacularly wonderfully healthy, I just can't choose only one or 2 items from a buffet though so I end up eating a bit of everything and then feeling sick. Ugh.
I'm home now, as soon as I get everything unpacked and the house straightened out I'll be back on track. And I'm going to start an intense work out program (Shawn T's Insanity, wish me luck!) so at least I'll burn whatever nonsense I eat, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #478 on: May 23, 2012 08:23:38 AM »

ooh craftylittlemonkey, i will be very interested to hear of your progress in the insanity programme (assuming it was the same one that I saw on some shopping channel one of the days)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #479 on: May 23, 2012 09:31:30 AM »

I've had it for a year but have seen it on TV again recently so bet it's the same one. I'm intimdated but I love his energy and I need a little firming up so I'm going to do it. Anybody want to jump onboard? I could use the support (kick in the pants). Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
Surprising Facts About Girl Scout Cookies
How to Make Double Chocolate Brownies
How to Make Carrot Cake with Creamy Frosting
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...