A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 316,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 81867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2012 08:22:09 AM »

Mare--I think having a simple group of go to meal ideas will greatly help me!  I am also dealing with inflammation and agree that it is a source of many many health issues...I appreciate any natural way to keep inflammation down!  I am definitely going to try tumeric and pepper...I was wondering if anyone has tried that juice of the cactus flower that I have seen on the informercials...it sounds too good to be true for inflammation...

I don't do dairy either...it creates too much of a mucus thing for me and I know it inflames my arthritis as well...I love cheese but I found that after about a week, I did not miss it much at all...I rarely eat pizza or foods high in cheese anymore...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #381 on: April 13, 2012 08:35:48 AM »

Thanks CLM...I appreciate the info...I bookmarked that site and found that I just need to take my health a lot more seriously...getting older is starting to suck for me...I love veggies and fruits...I just have bad habits that I need to break...being in pain is a great motivator!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: April 14, 2012 09:38:18 AM »

Thanks for helping me through my insanity.

I did find a way through it....I got the my fitnesspal set up and am using it all the time. It's setting my goals....I am eating lots more protein and lots less processed carbs since they use up calories fast. I need the instant feedback on my eating.

I still have bread for buns/sandwiches,etc. But I'm not filling up on as much crappy stuff. I'm finding myself eating tons more eggs and dairy and veg/fruits.

And I do slip occasonally but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I find myself asking (me): is that ______  really worth X number of calories? Are you going to feel good about eating this later? Most of the time it is helping already!

Thanks for letting me vent ladies! You have helped a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: April 18, 2012 06:40:09 PM »

I used to make microwave chips too but I got SOO tired of waiting...I wanted 'em now!  Roll Eyes

I like kale chips, I dust them with dry ranch seasoning pre-bake...they stay crisp when loosely covered and allowed to cool completely.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #384 on: April 23, 2012 06:42:03 AM »

CraftyLittleMonkey...as regards the pepper and turmeric, any ideas on useful amounts to take a day. I do know that one of the big US medical research centres (can't remember which!) is doing a lot of research on turmeric for its anti cancer properties.

makes your pee yellow though...lol!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Desperately in search of popcorn flavourings-they don't sell them here Sad I have a new air popper and am stuck with boring flavours.

www.pinterest.com/edelc
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #385 on: April 23, 2012 08:35:07 AM »

I tried making quinoa burgers but replaced the kale with spinach...not a good idea...the patties turned out quite green and unappetizing and a bit bitter...hubby took one bite and said they were terrible...I used lots of ketchup and ate one anyway...since I made twelve, I am going to crumble them up and put them into my soups or stews...I think I will stick to the original recipe.. Cheesy

I am trying to simplify my choices during the week to make my life easier...I am doing the overnight oatmeal for breakfast with different fruits and nuts..that was an easy fix...

Eating healthy is only hard for me if I do not plan... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 24, 2012 07:56:12 AM »

Sorry I've been sort of quiet.  I've been in a little bit of a cooking rut, lately, making the same things over and over.  On the upside, though, those things are healthier than the things I used to cook!  I think this weekend is going to be the weekend when I actually make those quinoa patties...do you guys think the addition of beans would be good?  The texture of quinoa is not my favorite thing, and I'm thinking some black beans may help with that.  Also, tonight I'm making steel cut oatmeal for the first time!  I'm excited to try it!  I have some brown bananas to put in it, so hopefully DH (who loves bananas) will give it a shot, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #387 on: April 24, 2012 08:19:49 AM »

Are you going to do the overnight oatmeal, Ais? I've been seeing that everywhere! I have to try it.

I really want to try those quinoa patties too. It's been on my to-make list for too long Smiley. I've had black bean patties and they are really yummy. I bet you could try combining the two. Let us know how it goes! 

I've been in a bit of an eating rut lately. I've been dealing with some stress and haven't been paying attention to what I've been putting in my face Smiley. To get a fresh start, I'm doing a cleanse this week. I'm on the third day and feeling pretty good so far. I'm doing it with 2 other friends. It helps SO much to have their support.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #388 on: April 24, 2012 08:34:24 AM »

I mixed the leftover quinoa with some black beans and it was quite tasty!  I also love mixing it into soups because it gives a comfy porridge feel to the soup...

I am thinking of making a menu planning book like noooo made.....it would be more fun to plan and cook if I could see it...

Stress is a huge factor in my not paying attention to my eating...

Hey--did you guys know that when they x-ray you, the x-rays actually do show your fat? Cheesy

I recently had my hips x-rayed and was appalled that I had a roll hanging over my undies that showed up!  Kind of looks like someone took white chalk and made a few curves over my bones...the doctor also told me that it is sort of what TSA sees on their machines (only theirs are clearer... Sad )...so it was a HUGE motivator to me to cut a few more calories!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 24, 2012 08:43:26 AM »

Lime, I'm just going to do the steel cut oats on the stove.  To do those over night you have to do it in the crock pot, and I don't feel like dealing with that sucker.

Always, that's a great motivator!  I've actually been doing pretty well with my weight loss.  I've unofficially lost 30 lbs since January (unofficially because my weigh in day is not until Friday).  I've still got a long way to go with it, though!  Eating better and watching calories through a tracker have really made all the difference.  I'm definitely working out more, but it's the food that was getting me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...