A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Healthy Eats-Along 2012  (Read 55860 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: February 29, 2012 11:44:59 AM »

Started the day with a green smoothie, no coffee. Had a tea mid morning, skipped the muffin. Salad, cauliflower, avocado and homemade dressing for lunch. If I didn't have bad cramps and a headache (unrelated to diet) I'd even break out a work out dvd. Tomorrow...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012 01:14:59 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: February 29, 2012 12:10:34 PM »

Yum! I bought a couple avocadoes and will have to put them in my salad tonight! I just busted out 45 minutes of Just Dance 2 and am making steel cut oats for lunch. Dinner is going to be broiled pork chops, "fried" cabbage and apples, and a giant green salad.  Oh, and I was down 2 lbs yesterday even though it's PMS time, so I think I might even be down more than that when it all evens out!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012 12:11:17 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
felix-xx
« Reply #382 on: February 29, 2012 08:25:26 PM »

My overall goals since starting up on the thread with you guys have gone very well. The only thing I need to work on is drinking more water. I find that I get very frequent headaches, which I'm pretty sure has to do with me being dehydrated all the time. The only time I really get enough water is when I'm working. I work in a restaurant kitchen in front of a 600 degree grill and we are actually required to drink water while working. Heat stroke is a serious issue! =)

I bought a scale over a month ago and have officially lost my first TEN pounds on my new diet. My man and I are following a mostly 'Primal' diet with a few dairy items thrown in because we don't eat very much fat. Tuesdays we eat whatever we want, but I've found I'm craving more healthy eats and less take-out. I can't remember the last time I craved a hamburger or fries or anything.

You guys have been so much help! You're all inspiring and this is an awesome thread and a great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want so badly to believe that there is truth and love is real.
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: February 29, 2012 09:56:14 PM »

Copngrats felix-xx! That is great!

I was excited that at dinner I didn't really have a starchy side (cabbage and apples was the closest I guess) like rice, potatoes, or pasta, and nobody complained. My brother and boyfriend were both there for dinner with me and my mom, so much more fun to cook for 4 than for 1 or 2!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 01, 2012 05:36:30 AM »

You guys are so awesome and inspiring!  Just reading this thread is helping me stay on track.

I finally made the Crispy Quinoa and Kale recipe...it came out more fluffy than crispy, but I like it!  The only issue I had was that the cumin was a little over powering.  I added a little bit of mozzarella and garlic salt, and that cut the flavor a bit.  Next time I'll adjust the seasonings some, but there will be a next time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: March 01, 2012 11:48:48 AM »

Since I worked out yesterday I still had quite a few calories left over even after dinner. I made oat crepes for me and the boyfriend and put nutella, banana, whipped cream, and strawberries in/on them. I ate 1 1/2 and it was only like 230 calories! Such a yummy treat, and got some oats in too!

Oat crepes: grind oats in coffee grinder into flour. To blender add 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond), 1/2 cup oat flour and blend. Heat medium sized frying pan over medium-high heat and add a touch of oil/butter if you like. Use about 1/4 of the batter at a time and swirl around to get as thin as possible. Cook on both sides and devour!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #386 on: March 02, 2012 12:13:16 AM »

It sounds like everyone is doing well! Me, on the other hand, not so much. I've fallen off of the bandwagon. Here's a list of what I ate/drank today--hopefully putting it out there will shock me back into rationality...

Three Dr. Peppers
Garlic puff rolls (3)
An entire bag of tortilla chips (not the little snack size either)
Cheese curds
Noodles in tomato/beef broth (not so bad really)
Gummy candy
Chocolate ice cream

I make myself sick! No wonder I feel tired all the time.

Tomorrow I'm going for the goal of a cup of yogurt with granola and a glass of water before work at 10:30. For lunch I'll probably finish off the noodle soup. Also going to grab some salad stuff from the store. For dinner I have some leftover pizza, but it's a Margherita, so lots of basil and tomatoes, and not a lot of sauce, and I never finish the entire crust. And I'm going to add some more tomatoes to it. It's hard to mediate between not wasting food and eating healthy.... Sad Sorry I'm not much encouragement this week! But maybe you can use my horrible disgustingness as an example of what NOT to do Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2012 06:06:28 AM »

Wow, that's quite the list. I feel a bit sick just reading it!

I've been doing great so far this week. I think the key is not to have coffee, ever. If I stick with the green smoothie for breakfast it all seems to fall into place. I had a lunch meeting yesterday but even there I only had steamed veggies with roasted almonds and steamed rice. Dinners have been good too and that's where I often get so flustered about what to make for 3 people with different tastes that I look in the freezer for perogies or order out for pizza, yuck. Last night was an omlette with left over brown rice, it was great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 02, 2012 07:36:44 AM »

I've been meaning to ask...could I substitute kale for the spinach in a green smoothie?  Or something else?  I'm terribly allergic to spinach...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
craftylittlemonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: March 02, 2012 01:16:28 PM »

You can use any dark leafy green but keep in mind that the taste may be quite strong. Try it with a small amount at first and disguise with sweet fruit like banana and add juice instead of water. If you have access to sunflower greens (baby sun flower sprouts with pretty green leaves) they are incredibly nutrient dense and go well in a smoothie (great in salad too). Take care when experimenting, some greens can be bitter. You can just steam those instead though Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Perfect Hair Color at Home
Double Duty Beauty
GirlProps, Soho - NYC, New York
How to Do Your Highlights At Home
Celebrities Hair Stylist Ted Gibson Interview
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...