A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Classic Grog..for adults  (Read 8153 times)
Tags for this thread: grog , recipe , craftster_best_of_2012  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

InkedKnitter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012 08:24:34 PM »

Apple Cider is unfiltered.

if it's clear and tan you've got juice. If it's mercy and brown you've got cider.

please Craftster...post the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZVZ-2k6Po

HAHA love it! Thanks so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012 08:45:30 PM »

does Long island iced tea have tea in it?? In the UK it is a cold alcoholic cocktail.

Nope! Not a drop of tea at all.

And let me tell you, Blueberry Tea tastes of oranges, not blueberries. I don't get it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012 08:46:22 PM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Goomba
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012 08:48:01 PM »

does Long island iced tea have tea in it?? In the UK it is a cold alcoholic cocktail.

Nope! Not a drop of tea at all.

And let me tell you, Blueberry Tea tastes of oranges, not blueberries. I don't get it.

no it doesn't traditionally contain tea and due to that reason, I sorta reworked a basic recipe of it cause it didn't make sense to me. So mine does, and I call it the same thing. hahaha

very strange. I may have to make one at some point just to find out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
JennaDickes

Oh so tragically hip

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012 01:17:16 AM »

I love my hot toddies but this looks very yummy too. I never realized that grog was made with tea. I always figured it was like a rum version of moonshine or something haha.

I made up a godfather type concoction that's nice and warm too if anyone's interested. Godfather's are my go-to drink but since it's starting to get cold out I tried to find a way to make it hot. This is probably a drink already and I don't even know it  Cheesy
- 1 part Amaretto
- 1 part scotch
- pinch of ground cloves
- hot/steamed milk (I used my espresso steamer)
- garnish with some cinnamon
Yeah it's very sweet but mmmmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012 06:17:44 AM »

Have you had hot buttered rum? I thought it would be disgusting, I mean BUTTER in a drink? Ugh. But it's not, it's delicious. There are quite a few recipes online but I'd recommend the very basic until you know if you like it or not. I predict you will!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Clarachk
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012 09:51:08 AM »

Well, thank you for sharing! Sounds delish! (As does the other recipe that someone sweetly sumbitted in your comments). I sure could use a cup of that right NOW! It is FREEZING up in this cubicle farm of mine. It is just too bad that I answer phones for a living, haha! Might not sound so nice when I answer if I am all loopy and droopy, LMAO! When I get home tonight though... that's when I get to raid our brand new liquor fridge!! WOOT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created." ~Albert Einstein

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." ~Albert Einstein
Goomba
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012 10:47:25 AM »

Have you had hot buttered rum? I thought it would be disgusting, I mean BUTTER in a drink? Ugh. But it's not, it's delicious. There are quite a few recipes online but I'd recommend the very basic until you know if you like it or not. I predict you will!

I got bored of Rum and Rootbeer one night and decided to just make some buttered Rum....OH MY...let me tell you why my bottle of rum is almost empty....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.
pjr107
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012 06:36:55 PM »

I love this exchange of adult beverages we have going here.

pretty sure we will need to switch roles and I need to head to Philly then. I have a super giant interest in brewing mead but for one have never had it and don't want to spend a half year-year aging something that I may not like.

I'm assuming you're in Pitt ... When we head out to cedar point in Ohio for the summer I'll bring a bottle for you to try.... Don't think the post office would want use to mail it... Smiley we make ours from kits but very once in a while we "add" to the recipe!

That buttered rum sounds yummy ESP since my son's bedroom is so freaking cold you can see your breath! The door was shut all day and oh boy is it cold in here! About another 30min and huge difference but until then, the dog and four blankets can cover us!

Then I'll go make some yummy warm drink before bed.  My DH has been making me a Carmel apple martini and oh boy is it good. I know it as apple schnapps and some sort of carmel liqueor, have to read the bottle.

-pj   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012 10:05:21 PM »

Slightly related (and slightly random) but I was watching Alton Brown's "Punch" show the other day on alcoholic punches and he did a sailor type punch that had a base of tea and he claims that's the ancestor of the Long Island Iced Tea. He said olden times punches were 1 part sour (lime juice), 2 parts sweet (sugar), 3 parts strong (booze), and 4 parts weak (tea), and also a fifth thing was spice (nutmeg). Kind of interesting, but I love his show.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MeganCrafts

I can't stop swapping! I think I have a problem.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012 11:19:05 AM »

I love this exchange of adult beverages we have going here.

pretty sure we will need to switch roles and I need to head to Philly then. I have a super giant interest in brewing mead but for one have never had it and don't want to spend a half year-year aging something that I may not like.

I'm assuming you're in Pitt ... When we head out to cedar point in Ohio for the summer I'll bring a bottle for you to try.... Don't think the post office would want use to mail it... Smiley we make ours from kits but very once in a while we "add" to the recipe!

That buttered rum sounds yummy ESP since my son's bedroom is so freaking cold you can see your breath! The door was shut all day and oh boy is it cold in here! About another 30min and huge difference but until then, the dog and four blankets can cover us!

Then I'll go make some yummy warm drink before bed.  My DH has been making me a Carmel apple martini and oh boy is it good. I know it as apple schnapps and some sort of carmel liqueor, have to read the bottle.

-pj   

I'd be completely ok with a visit!  I'd love to meet you.  (Goomba is my wonderful other half.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/megancrafts

Swaps:
Taking a break. Would consider small personal swaps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Festival De Cannes 2014: Beauty Rendezvous with Dessange and Dior
How to Style a Messy Bun with Flowers
How to Tame Summer Frizz
Change Up Your Look with Hair Extensions
How To Get Effortless Beach Wavy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...