A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,342
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap - January 2012 Gallery  (Read 32279 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2012 05:47:58 AM »

HOLEY CRAP!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked It looks like an animal ripped into it! HOW the heck could that happen???

Trust me it looked better in person where you could see the shimmer in half the paint Sad and the tree one was rather cool looking too... I will have to make something even BETTER... and hope the post office likes me Sad

I am so sorry that happened to both of you!  Might I suggest bubble wrapped envies?  They are a little more expensive postage wise than the normal $0.45, but for something so delicate, and so very beautiful...it just would be worth it.  It breaks my heart to see such beauty lost, all for about 50 cents...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2012 06:38:52 AM »

Awwwww....Oath Keeper and Jennden...that just plains sucks >.< Stupid postal service Angry It's always hard to see good work gone awry like that. I pack my cards in a ziploc baggie first in hopes that if the envelope IS mangled like that, at least the cards stay (hopefully) together and in one piece.  Undecided

On a happier note, I LOOOVVVEEEEE that Diary card! So cool looking!  Shocked I'm not exactly obsessed with HArry Potter but I may steal the idea of having an ATC HP alphabet  Cheesy So many good ideas out there to "borrow".... I need more ATCs!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012 06:39:59 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2012 07:57:52 AM »

That owl card was amazing! I am so sorry it was lost. You can tell a lot of work and thought was put into it. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2012 08:03:47 AM »

I pack my cards in a ziploc baggie first in hopes that if the envelope IS mangled like that, at least the cards stay (hopefully) together and in one piece.  Undecided

That's a good idea!  I've been taping my ATCs to the notes I write ever since I heard of people having envelopes sliced open at the post office and ATCs falling out.

I'm so sorry Oath Keeper and jennden!  So sad!!!

I received!!  I got a whole bunch of ATCs in the mail yesterday!  Woot!

From Mountains and Clouds for my guitars theme:

Its a guitar and lyrics to her favorite folk sound on shrinky dink material.  Ooooo!  So cool!  I love the designs on the guitar!

From grapeicepop for my mustache theme:

The quote says: "I've grown this mustache which saves me from having to glue on one every day in the heat." - Keith Carradine.  I've never heard of this quote before, but its great! 

From gala_apples for my Curses Words that Aren't Curse Words theme (she sent me TWO! for one!)

lol!  They are both funny, though I do like the lego one the best.  ^_^

And from vamping for my trees theme:

So pretty!  I love all the layering!  She also sent me a bunch of extras, including a really pretty card!  And the whole kit and kaboodle smells like coconuts!  Mmmmm!

Thanks ladies, they are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
SonjaBoo

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2012 08:10:45 AM »

Sonjaboo--I loved meeting you in Boston and taking the metro all over!  I picked up quite a few maps and schedules to use for other art.  The ATC was a happy memory of that time! It was great meeting Leah, high priestess of Craftster! Cheesy

It was so wonderful to meet you too alwaysinmyroom! That was definitely a fun day -- and I felt like I was meeting a celebrity when I met Leah! I hope there's another Boston get together sometime. Grin

These cards are amazing!  And OathKeeper, I absolutely love your owl card -- my husband does a lot of nature photography and the prized shot is always of a snowy owl! I had an envelope get smooshed by the USPS this week too -- from now on, if anything is remotely bulky I am going to use a bubble mailer. Beyond aggravating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2012 08:31:34 AM »

Awww--I hope at least that someone found the little owl and has it on a bulletin board to enjoy... Sad

jillybeans...I like your suggestion to actually attach it to a card or some other bigger piece...I also like dew's suggestion to use a bubble envelope for thicker cards...nothing is more aggravating than to work hard to make something and it gets damaged or lost in the mail!  It makes my stomach queasy until my partners receive...I hate it!

ha ha "go step on a leggo"...ouch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2012 11:19:18 AM »

thanks for the compliments on the Diary card.  It was alot of fun to make.  I bought an older People magazine that was a tribute to the HP movies when the last one came out.  It's got TONS of small motifs I've used on ATCs and Inchies.  and I've still got TONS of the magazine left.  It was worth the $.39 I paid at the thrift store for it.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
whatthepuck
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2012 01:04:26 PM »

The Tom Riddle diary is awesome.

Mr. Bean and I always say "may you step on a lego" when we get irritated. Sometimes we substitute plastic dinosaur or Hot Wheel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honey Go-Go Blog ~ 222 Sunset Etsy ~ Honey Forever Vintage Etsy
Swaps:
Pendant
Altered Puzzle Pieces
Mini 13 DoH
Monthly Dotee
grapeicepop
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2012 03:25:07 PM »

So sorry for being last posting pictures, I'm finally getting back to  place with a computer insted of using my phone. ha Tongue
But anyways, I recieved two great cards last week, one from oathkeeper and one from Robinpich.
First from oathkeeper a card for my favorite quote theme:

And from Robinpich my first letter in my Harry Potter ABCs theme: a D for Tom Riddles Diary. i love the stitching on it. Smiley

Thank you both~ I love them. Smiley
Edit: I just saw that you already posted a picture Robinpich, Thanks. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012 03:26:41 PM by grapeicepop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2012 03:59:10 PM »

Thanks for the good ideas guys. I thought about a padded one but after shaking it and using rubber cement and it being ok I was sure it was good to go Sad But I think I will start taping the stuff in and all when I resend and when I get to join next months swap.

But now for some good news! I got 2 more in the mail today Smiley And they are both great!
First is from Jennden for my eyes theme. It's a dragon!!! And it is so freaking DETAILED!!! I swear it looks like its following me when I have it propped up lol.

And one from Kemchery for my foxes theme. It is hand stitched and has little buttons sewn on. She said it was based on an inchie she did before. So cute.

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012 06:35:06 PM by Oath Keeper » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Glenn Beck
Meet Author Allison Dubois
Sanjaya Malakar Reveals Who He Admires Most
Harriet Evans Talks About The Love of Her Life
Behind the Scenes with Matt Van Fleet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...