A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teesha Moore Patch Swap (SIGNUP 1/3/12-1/11/12 ; MAIL BY 2/7/12).  (Read 60014 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2012 05:41:35 PM »

Sharalee, I think it's the same technique but since it's tshirt jersey and fleece I didn't snip up the edges like you do with a flannel and denim quilt. At this point I could stitch the seam allowances down in the Teesha style but can you imagine how long that would take? Oh man.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2012 07:12:14 PM »

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I think it is against Craftster rules to send your stuff to one person who then redistributes it. You have to show/have/obtain proof that you have sent to your swap partners.

That is fair enough. However, we were just talking about personal swaps, while we wait for next round. If it was a proper swap then that would not be the done thing, obviously.

Okay, then I will totally help out with that. These little suckers are as addictive as inchies and dotees and my two work mates ask me to show them what I've made each night.

And I agree - making these makes watching the "Idol" auditions almost tolerable!

And as for time for embroidery - some of the finishing goes fast - like sewing on 10 buttons. And some patches - I do some embroidery, then when I have a good 6 - 10" of thread left from another patch, I go back and work on the first one some more. This way, I have 3 or 4 patches in the "finishing" stage, but it feels satisfying to be working on more than one at a time. And it adds lots of color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3
Altered Puzzle Pieces - again!
Ninni Swap in August
Fall Dotee Swap in September
waggonswest

« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2012 07:38:02 PM »

I am feeling decidedly sheepish this evening.  I thought this board was going slowly but when I checked in this evening I was pages behind.  Seems... I goofed my notifications.  To add to my angst, I was looking at all the pictures with 3 or 4 patches which meant I had to go back to the beginning and read a couple times (6 patches for 3 partners) to make sure that I was on the right track.  Argghhhhh...

Now that I am back on track I can say what I checked in to say.  All of my little pillows are made, two are finished and the other two will be done by then of a meeting tomorrow. (Lucky me, I have a weekly meeting where crafting in public is NOT considered rude.  In fact, it is almost required.)  So I will have my little offerings ready to go to the post office by Saturday morning.  At which time I will have to figure out exactly how to send oversees and how to fill out the customs form.  Are these gifts?  Do they have any value?  I know that here an artist donating their work can only count materials, not time or anything else as the donation value.  Does that apply to these?  Looking for advice from you experienced international shippers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2012 07:41:56 PM »

I have cut and sewn and stuffed at least 30 of the little babies!  I am TOTALLY AND HOPELESSLY ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I am SO in for round 2!!!  Cheesy
My partners won't get theirs for another week though...........go tta finish up a custom order and 1 more swap before I can finalize these and send out.
and If anyone wants to do a Teesha Moore Alphabet swap, I'm DEF. in on that one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #334 on: January 20, 2012 01:43:14 AM »

..............and If anyone wants to do a Teesha Moore Alphabet swap, I'm DEF. in on that one too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a really interesting idea Robin.

Here are some of the patches I've made for myself:

The leaf was my first attempt at needle punching - I think that may be something I will try again. And the ladybird was stitched up for me by Foxysam and I thought it woudl be great as a TM patch.

I'm going to have to take a bit of a break from my patches, I too have a custom order to make up for STS and a personal swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #335 on: January 20, 2012 04:11:54 AM »

Great patches, nilmerg!  I recognize the lavender flower fabric Smiley  Came from me in a scraps bag/box a little while back in STS.  And I'm totally digging on that cross stitch one, I never would have thought to do something like that, great idea!  I'm a sucker for needle punch, I have an awesome needlepunch made by QueenNinjaMonkey in the first 100 Facts Swap a while back and ADORE it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
kriSmith
« Reply #336 on: January 20, 2012 05:32:43 AM »

I love the little caterpiller! I have a long unfinished patch just waiting for some embellishment. I'll be cutting out some circles tonight. I love the purple one too. I've got some patches from a private swap with Sharalee to post tonight or tomorrow. Sooooo cute too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
mintdawn
« Reply #337 on: January 20, 2012 06:30:59 AM »

i received these very lovely patches from kriSmith yesterday. woo turtle! thank u!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #338 on: January 20, 2012 06:32:01 AM »

Love the earthy nature feel to your patches, nilmerg!

And I LOVE the button turtle!  Sooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Craftsunderground
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2012 07:54:38 AM »

I have cut out all of my squares and planned some, but I have come to realize that I have a pathetically small fabric stash. Luckily, I have been able to make combinations that I like. I do have a decent stash of vintage  buttons, beads, and lace to rely on for embellishment. Also, I happened upon a zip lock bag of #5 embroidery floss at the thrift shop, so this swap is working for me--all from stash. I am cutting out two of each combination, one for my swap partner and one for me! This has been a great exercize in choosing color combinations and I have broken out of my comfort zone on several of them. Things I might never have tried in a large item, are working out great in these patches. I don't have any plan for my patches yet, but there are a lot of delicious ideas on this board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Masks - Motion 3
How to Create a Sin City Effect - Final Cut Pro 6
How to Create a Reflection - Final Cut Pro 6
How to Highlight Someone - Final Cut Pro 6
How to Let It Slide Part 1/2 - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...