A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,503
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teesha Moore Patch Swap (SIGNUP 1/3/12-1/11/12 ; MAIL BY 2/7/12).  (Read 69657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #310 on: January 19, 2012 04:05:35 AM »

CLM, a quilt!!!  Genious!!!  I think the backs of each patch would have to be embroidered as neatly as possible to prevent tearing off little bits or un-doing stitching when the quilt is in use.  Or, maybe doing the tying thing that a lot of folks do on quilts and put a full backing on it.  Totally RAD idea Smiley  I'm permanently borrowing that idea, if you don't mind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #311 on: January 19, 2012 05:13:55 AM »

I'm done with 4 now.  These could totally get addictive!  It's a nice easy project while sitting and watching tv.  Lets me be creative and not have to be constantly following a pattern (I've been knitting a lot lately!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

« Reply #312 on: January 19, 2012 05:31:48 AM »

Quote from: sloth003 on January 18, 2012 05:04:16 PM
as for the package price i know international shipping is ridiculous. but dont these little guys fit into an envelope?? im hoping...)

They do, but not three the size I made. And also the lady at the post office informed me that envelopes were only for letters - else I could have bought prepaid international envelopes for $2 something and put up to 50g in there. (For comparison sake, the three patches I sent to TSM AND the bubblewrap padded tough bag all weighed 49g)

I may be able to sneak one patch in an international envelope at a time though.

What I need is a reverse Ship It To - somewhere I can send a parcel to in the US and then they split it

SilverMoon, I would be happy to be your "ship it to"...........if you made 50 patches and put in one envelope/package and included $ for each, I could easily divide them up and resend to your partners.............
oh, and I PROMISE not to keep any for myself, heehee  :-)

But seriously, I think any of us would help out international shippers with cost...........

It's a thought anyway............
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
meowari

« Reply #313 on: January 19, 2012 05:32:16 AM »

My very first one down! I'm pretty excited about how it turned out, despite the rough start. I did wind up picking out the stitches around the edge and resewing them (the bunching was really, really bad), but I think it turned out alright. I made another stop by the fabric store last night & found some even more perfect fabric than what I spent all day looking for on Sunday... this could turn into an addiction  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #314 on: January 19, 2012 05:44:33 AM »

I made my first one last night and I think it turned out cute. The back is a little rough but I think my partner is going to line it so that should be okay, and my edges are more rolled than flat but I sort of like it that way. It look rustic.  Tongue   I hope they all go as smoothly as the first one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: January 19, 2012 05:45:39 AM »

CLM, a quilt!!!  Genious!!!  I think the backs of each patch would have to be embroidered as neatly as possible to prevent tearing off little bits or un-doing stitching when the quilt is in use.  Or, maybe doing the tying thing that a lot of folks do on quilts and put a full backing on it.  Totally RAD idea Smiley  I'm permanently borrowing that idea, if you don't mind!

It could be done the way Nilmerg described, the quilting done through a top fabric backed in batting (I'd use a piece of fleece since it's less likely to be movey-aroundy) then the bottom fabric added and the edges turned over to stitch last. It might take some planning and fussing but if you used large squares a quilt would be totally doable without taking 10 years, lol.
Here's one I made with 10X10 pieces of tshirt backed in assorted fleece, the seam allowances show on the tshirt side but both sides are good to look at and comfy to cuddle under. I imagine a Teesha style quilt with panels this size-ish would be pretty epic.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftylittlemonkey/5739014662/in/set-72157628443301861

Though you know I have done a piece that was sort of a cheat twice that would work for a quilt and have stronger joins.
Panels like this, once the stuffing was in they could all be machine joined together then the edges stitched down and embellishing done.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftylittlemonkey/5437348745/in/set-72157625903521123/
Or this way which is an outright cheat but turns out pretty ok to look at Cheesy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftylittlemonkey/sets/72157624552941199/with/4871167794/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #316 on: January 19, 2012 07:45:37 AM »

I've sent!  Yay!   Grin

Can't wait for round 2!

CLM/TSM - If you guys make quilts we MUST see!

Actually...I want to see what everyone does with their patches.  I hope you all post your WIPs in the stitchalong or something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: January 19, 2012 08:11:00 AM »

Did you guys see Phizzychick's alphabet wall hanging? It's not quite a quilt but it's nearly there.
I can't tell you how much I love this. I'd like to do an alphabet patch swap sometime, can you imagine all the different styles you'd get and how great they'd all look together? Oh man, too awesome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phizzy/6279719402/in/set-72157627715843520
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Smmarrt

« Reply #318 on: January 19, 2012 09:32:10 AM »

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but I think it is against Craftster rules to send your stuff to one person who then redistributes it. You have to show/have/obtain proof that you have sent to your swap partners.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012 09:35:22 AM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
GoldenSunshine
« Reply #319 on: January 19, 2012 10:10:40 AM »

Ahh. I finished one more last night, started on another, Just need to find my felt stash and cut out a piece. Joys of hunting in a very messy craft space in a tiny apartment! :-D I'm looking forward to send everything out. And a QUILT?!? You think it would take you a year? Perhaps a patch a day, 365 days=one year? :-D Well if someone does that, I would love to see the results!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looking for fabrics! Willing to do a fabric exchange or some kind of swap.

I am up for private swap for Teesha Moore patches!! PM me if  you are interested! :-D
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Shimmery Bronze Makeup Look
6 Must-Know Makeup Trends and Tips For Spring
How to Do Eye Makeup for a Night Out
Rainbow Nails Tutorial with Madeline Poole
Work a Smoky Eye Without Making Your Eyes Look Smaller
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...