A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teesha Moore Patch Swap (SIGNUP 1/3/12-1/11/12 ; MAIL BY 2/7/12).  (Read 59788 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #250 on: January 15, 2012 07:24:27 PM »

9 stuffed and about 12 cut out waiting to be stitched up.  How did this obsession happen so quickly?HuhHuhHuhHuh??
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #251 on: January 15, 2012 08:06:24 PM »

Unfortunately, the cedar pollen got to me this weekend, so I didn't get any patches made Sad  The allergy meds are finally kicking in so hopefully tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #252 on: January 15, 2012 09:27:47 PM »

I have made 3 Quilted Patches for a personal swap & since I was almost done I finished those first! Now I will be concentrating on my 2 Partners & 1 more personal swap which I'll do later.
I can't seem to make a whole bunch of quilted patch pillows & then quilt, I guess I like to pick each partner's theme & colors, & embelishments & then I could maybe make the 3 that I'm going to quilt. But If made a whole bunch I probably would get mix up, for me anyway!!
I did received from 1 of my personal swaps, but I will post pics tomorrow. I'm getting to tired. We get up at 4 AM to do a Paper Route.  So Good Night All   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Received/Sent
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Received/Sent
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches
meowari
« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2012 03:56:14 AM »

I feel stupid asking, but can someone show me how the back of your patches look? Are you sewing an additional layer over the back after you do the embroidery to cover up the stitches? I figured not, since it's a patch & it's going to get sewn onto something, but I want to be sure before I start mine...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2012 04:10:39 AM »

I can't remember if I posted in here on Thursday or late Friday that I would be AWOL this past weekend doing the local medieval faire...well, it's Monday and I'm back for the weeke at least Smiley  I haven't started on anything yet, of course, as I was gone.  I won't be able to start during this week either as I'll need to restock for the 2nd weekend of the faire this weekend.  After that though, I'm done with my excursions for a couple months, so I'll be getting to work and getting my patches out probably during the last full week of this month if I'm lucky.  I've never sent late yet and not about to start now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
kriSmith
« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2012 04:24:36 AM »

I feel stupid asking, but can someone show me how the back of your patches look? Are you sewing an additional layer over the back after you do the embroidery to cover up the stitches? I figured not, since it's a patch & it's going to get sewn onto something, but I want to be sure before I start mine...

I don't cover it up. More than likely it will be covered by something in the end. Some of mine look neater than others. If I'm moving my needle a long ways I try to make a small stitch on the back and run the thread through the middle of the pillow. I don't always remember to do that though. I can post a picture later today. Off to work now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2012 06:33:42 AM »

I don't cover it up. More than likely it will be covered by something in the end. Some of mine look neater than others. If I'm moving my needle a long ways I try to make a small stitch on the back and run the thread through the middle of the pillow. I don't always remember to do that though. I can post a picture later today. Off to work now.

Likewise. I've tried to keep it neat, but I know I have one patch where I went nuts with the topside embroidery and the back is a hot mess. It's one I'm throwing in as an extra though, so I figure my partner can't complain!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2012 06:39:10 AM »

I hide all my knots so the backs of the patches look ok, that way there's no chance one will get caught on something and come undone too. Nobody sees them though, if it's a bag or a journal cover etc, they can be messy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2012 07:49:01 AM »

I feel so behind already! I have about 2/3rds of my fabrics picked out and I will be hitting the fabrics store today or tomorrow. I have ideas for all of them. Spent the weekend cleaning up my craft room (wow, a clean-ish room makes a world of difference) and rescuing a poor old abused dog. Sad, but she is safe and happy now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2012 07:53:30 AM »

I have been busy stitching!  Probably sending each partner 3!  Too many great ideas!  I have 5 complete so 4 to go!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Gramercy Park Roll
How to Make a California Roll
Slow Marinated Salmon With a Soy-Ginger Glaze
How to Make Salmon and Pink Rice Sushi
How to Make Salmon and Quail Egg Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...