A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hunger Games Swap rd 1 CLOSED!!!!! send by feb 24th.  (Read 30078 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

toesocksrock

They want you to take the rolls!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012 02:35:19 PM »

SO tempting. I've only read the first book (in the middle of the second, now), and have two tiny terrors to chase after, so I'm not sure if this is something I can take on, but darn it if I don't want this to be my first swap. So many awesome ideas I'm having.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloud_berry
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012 03:57:49 PM »

I don't think I can pick 1 favorite book! They were all simply amazing. I have no words. Smiley

I'm working on some crafty book-related things now that I plan to use in the swap, if applicable, but I'm not sure I'll be able to part with them! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012 04:07:04 PM »

i love all three books as a whole...but if i had to pick which one was my favorite id have to say catching fire. the moment her dress turns into a mocking jay is what i like best about that one.
im coming up with so many ideas i need to locate my sketch book...it was stashed somewhere during the holidays when we were cleaning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliel85
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012 04:21:26 PM »

So excited for this one! I'm re-reading all the books right now, and there are so many little moments I just love. So many great crafting possibilities, too!

The first book is my favorite, though it's a close tie with Catching Fire. I think what I like best about the first book is how well she creates the world - all the districts with their specialties, the rules of the games, the relationships. But I think my favorite moment is when Katniss pulls out the berries to end the games. Such a great little act of rebellion! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012 04:28:11 PM by juliel85 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amalgam
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012 06:13:07 PM »

What a great way to summarize the first book and get teens interested in reading the book Eiseldora. The thread is at four pages already. The swap gallery is going to huge. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
thebakersgirl
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012 06:31:23 PM »

The last swap I was in was pretty small, so I really hope this one will be big and we'll be able to have lots of fun discussion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh sweet Jesus! A boob! She's making a BOOB!" -InkFaery
The Hunger Games Swap: crafting!
http://emilymayhem.blogspot.com
rubylynns
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012 07:48:23 PM »

@Eiseldora that is great.  My friend and I were just discussing this today, what an appropriate age to introduce this book is.  She felt it was a little violent and wouldn't be appropriate till 11th or 12th grade.  I said I was reading Stephen King in 8th grade so this would be nothing lol.  I think these book are a great teaching tool. 

I'm glad everyone is getting excited about this.  I can't wait to start crafting I need to start writing all my ideas down.  I am just learning to crochet so if I keep working on it I might be able to make something for the swap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scuttlebutt
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012 09:17:57 PM »

Just sent in my questionnaire!  Grin  I am bursting with excitement!!

Anyone on Reddit? There's a HG subreddit in case anyone is interested! http://www.reddit.com/r/Hungergames/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012 10:09:03 PM »

@Eiseldora that is great.  My friend and I were just discussing this today, what an appropriate age to introduce this book is.  She felt it was a little violent and wouldn't be appropriate till 11th or 12th grade.  I said I was reading Stephen King in 8th grade so this would be nothing lol.  I think these book are a great teaching tool.  

I'm glad everyone is getting excited about this.  I can't wait to start crafting I need to start writing all my ideas down.  I am just learning to crochet so if I keep working on it I might be able to make something for the swap.  

I book talked Hunger Games to 9th graders, but I believe a mature reader aged 12 would be perfectly capable of handling Hunger Games. Its my personal philosophy that if we shield teens from the evils of the world we remove their ability to learn how to cope with it.

Hunger Games is no worse than Halo or Call of Duty which I've had the unfortunate experience of watching 6 year olds play. Its also no worse than the holocaust which is taught around 8th and 9th grade.

The worst scene in Hunger Games I found was when they create a mutation with the tributes. I'm both dreading and anticipating how this is handled in the movie adaption. Its either going to be B movie quality and detract from the intensity that is the Games, or it will be scary as hell.

Also since you are all Hunger Games Fans I wanted to share with you this music video I am in love with:http://youtu.be/HoHfCW-O2yA

I get it stuck in my head every so often, and now I"m infecting you Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012 10:19:09 PM by Eiseldora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
wintergirl66
My life is taken up by dance, colorguard, reading, and crafting. (:

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012 11:45:58 PM »

I absolutely loved all of the books, but I have to say my least favorite would be Mockingjay, because of all the people she killed. So it would have to be a tie between the first two Smiley I read the first HG when I was in 7th or 8th grade.
Eiseldora--That is such a funny video, thanks for sharing!  Cheesy I love the, "I'll bake you pies!"

Speaking of youtube HG videos, have y'all seen this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zteIUrlA8Ng&list=LLzjewsVv3XNd9LoOtsqhnhg&index=7&feature=plpp_video
(There's no sound, so just open another window/tab with the Taylor Swift song that's going to be on the movie)
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bacon Explosion Recipe
Spiced Nuts
Macaroni and Cheese
How to Cook a Turkey
How to make French Bread Pizza
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...