A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hunger Games Swap rd 1 CLOSED!!!!! send by feb 24th.  (Read 29708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2012 01:35:14 PM »

Questionnaire sent in. Can't wait.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JennaDickes

Oh so tragically hip

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2012 02:12:09 PM »

My favourite moment, hands down, was the Gale and Katniss kiss. I shipped them from like the first page, and wasn't overly thrilled with the ending. I mean, Gale didn't intentionally blow up Prim. He built the explosives, not knowing what they would be used for. He had no control over what District 13 did with them. Not his fault.

I don't think it ever crossed her mind that he meant to kill Prim. The whole problem with his snare bomb is that it was a trap meant to take advantage of the human instinct to protect their children/loved ones (the very thing she was surviving for through the entire series). No matter whose side was killed by the trap, they were still lured there in a sick way. That was the whole point of the snare - to kill innocent people just to get at the enemy. That Gale contributed to such an awful trap was what Katniss had a problem with. Even though she despised many of the civilians in the Capitol for their obsession with the games, she didn't think they deserved to die just for having lived there. Gale didn't choose the exact people that district 13 used the snare on, but he made it knowing it would kill innocent people no matter which side they were on. That was his fault.

That being said, I don't think she would have ended up with Gale even if all that hadn't happened. He repeatedly chose the rebellion and war over her. They realized that they had very different values on life by the end because they were forced to live beyond their "simpler" needs in district 12 and deal with what war does to people. When I was reading the series I was definitely rooting for Gale too at first. But then as I got into book 2 his character started to develop more and by book 3 I just thought he was being a dick most the time, haha.

I totally know how disappointing it is when your favorite shipping doesn't come true, and I swear I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong or anything. But for me, this is the one series where the romantic conflicts actually evolved naturally for the characters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thebakersgirl
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2012 02:47:10 PM »

My favourite moment, hands down, was the Gale and Katniss kiss. I shipped them from like the first page, and wasn't overly thrilled with the ending. I mean, Gale didn't intentionally blow up Prim. He built the explosives, not knowing what they would be used for. He had no control over what District 13 did with them. Not his fault.

I totally know how disappointing it is when your favorite shipping doesn't come true, and I swear I'm not trying to tell you you're wrong or anything. But for me, this is the one series where the romantic conflicts actually evolved naturally for the characters.

Quoting just that but I agree with this whole post. Thank you for saying pretty much exactly what I think in such a well-thought-out manner! I never really liked Gale, anyway, from that conversation in the woods where he talks about running away, and yeah, I kind of thought he turned into a jerk by the end of it. I just didn't like his personality. Oh, here, I wrote this on my Tumblr awhile back:
Except Gale, I dont know, most of the fandom at least kind of likes himand I dont. I dont hate him, but I dont like him. I think he turned out to be kind of a jerk. I think his intentions were noble, but, I dont know. He let himself be swept into things. Just because youre playing for the other side doesnt mean you arent just a piece in the game.

And he didnt seem to care as much about Katniss as he claimed to. He missed his chance with her, its not her fault, and he wouldnt give it up. And I dont think the resolution of his story was out of character, like some of the fandom doesI think it was totally in character, based on what he had become by the end of Mockingjay. Katniss may not have deserved Peeta, but Gale didnt deserve Katniss, and he was the one being a jerk about the whole thing.

So yeah. I really dont like Gale very much at all.

And on the whole, I agree that I felt the romance seemed very natural. Especially after my older sister told me how she related a lot to it because her personality and that of her husband are a lot like those of Katniss and Peeta, respectively.

(Also not trying to tell anyone they're wrong! Just excited to have some people to discuss things with.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh sweet Jesus! A boob! She's making a BOOB!" -InkFaery
The Hunger Games Swap: crafting!
http://emilymayhem.blogspot.com
chughes225
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2012 02:59:13 PM »

Here's my hunger games pinterest  http://pinterest.com/chughes225/hunger-games/

As for the books  I see them more a whole than individuals.  I love them all equally and for different reasons.  I'm rereading them now but I have also listened to them on audio they are great.  My daughter who is 11 has just started the first book and they just got to the  arena shes loving it.  I told her if she finishes them before the movie I'll take her to the midnight showing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ElizabethsMom

Every window has a different view.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2012 07:51:55 PM »

My daughter who is 11 has just started the first book and they just got to the  arena shes loving it.  I told her if she finishes them before the movie I'll take her to the midnight showing. 

My daughter just finished the first today. She really wants to go see the movie but I'm not sure. Is it crazy that I just let her read a very violent book but am worried that the movie might be too much? I want to go to the midnight showing but don't want to go alone.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2012 12:48:02 PM »

Just sent mine in.

I'm debating letting my 8 yr old read these- not because I don't think she can handle it but because she is reading Order of the Phoenix for HP and I already have one book/movie obsession with her, I don't know if I can handle another lol. I have a feeling she would really like Katniss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
whenindoubtsew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2012 02:48:23 PM »

Yeah - I'm in. Glad you can't see me as I am really excited and it's not pretty.

Just a little about me:
* I am a newbie on my first swap (hoping it's more costume fittings than tracker jacker attacks) and any guidance, advice, pointers are much welcome,
* Like rubylynns, sylvanna and thebakersgirl I read the books from cover to cover in a week and am now going back to devour them in a more leisurely pace and squeeze more details from them - like wintergirl66 I have a word document with the ideas stacking up,
* JennaDickes - nice front picture!
* I love the Hunger Games with the passion of a fiery thousand Capitol suns. Suzanne Collins you have created an enthralling place rich with imagery I can craft from,
* I liked all the books for their different qualities - sort of like Harry Potter - that stuff got dark as the books went on,
* My name is Kylie and I am a Pinterest addict. It's been 30 seconds since my last Pin - it's been awesome scrolling through the Pinboards you have linked and created. Just another excuse to spend copious amounts of time on the net - I have to get cracking and start a HG board of my own. My other boards http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
* Gale vs Peeta - I am Peeta all the way from the beginning. You could sort of feel Gale was more a brother than boyfriend for Katniss. I am a sucker for men who are comfortable for you to be independent but throw you some burnt bread handouts at the same time (in saying that my patriotism is a bit torn as Gale is played by an Aussie),

Anywaaaayyyyyyyy - can't wait to see who my swap partner is - may the odds be ever in your favour!!  Smiley

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012 03:58:12 PM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
Black Apple doll - sent
Altered spool swap - sent
Woodland Creatures swap - sent
Dream catcher swap - crafting
scuttlebutt
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2012 03:39:18 PM »

Here's my board! http://pinterest.com/scuttlebutt/down-with-the-capital/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wintergirl66
My life is taken up by dance, colorguard, reading, and crafting. (:

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2012 09:50:41 PM »

If you haven't already heard about this website, it will randomly put you in a disctrict and give you an ID card. I got put in District 5. http://www.thecapitol.pn/ It's "the official capitol site."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ElizabethsMom

Every window has a different view.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2012 10:30:23 AM »

I was just put in District 1 as a furrier. This is a neat website Smiley
If you haven't already heard about this website, it will randomly put you in a disctrict and give you an ID card. I got put in District 5. http://www.thecapitol.pn/ It's "the official capitol site."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Highlight Your Hair Without Any Damage
Hair Takes Spotlight in Anti-Aging Boom
4 Best Ways to Use Hairspray
How to Combat Thinning Hair
Hair With Hollie: Anne Hathaway Short Hair
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...