A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hunger Games Swap rd 1 CLOSED!!!!! send by feb 24th.  (Read 33129 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rubylynns
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012 08:14:06 PM »

Ok, I haven't missed anyone have I?  I am trying to be very organized with this, which is totally against my true nature =)  So who wants to discuss the book, I am about to re-read them as a re-fresher.  Let start with an easy one, did you enjoy one book over the others?  

For me, I can't really differentiate between the 3 books.  I read all 3 books in about 3.5 days, I couldn't' put them down.  I think the trilogy as a whole is amazing.  I think my favorite part is in the first book, when she finds him in the creek hiding in all that mud. Its so cute.

Anyone else have have any favorites?  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geminio Cupcake

That's so cute I could poo!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012 03:44:14 AM »

I'm re-reading them right now! I agree that as a whole they flow very well and it's hard to pick a favorite. I can't help but love the first the most though. It's very powerful to be brought into a world where death is so common for a child/teen.

*As a side note: it would be great to know if there's someone in the swap who hasn't finished all three yet. I wouldn't want there to be spoilers.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012 06:14:20 AM »

hmm this is very tempting.  Except I feel like I'd need to re-read the books (at least the first) since it's been a year, but I lent my copies to a friend in another state
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chughes225
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012 06:28:59 AM »

Im so excited for this swap.  I just sent in my questionnaire!  I found this site its pretty interesting http://hungergamesdwtc.net/hunger-games-crafts/ . I do have one question.  Are we doing the whole series or just the first book?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubylynns
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012 07:17:37 AM »

The whole series =) Ahhh so many crafting possibilities!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chughes225
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012 07:51:57 AM »

Great! that makes it so much better. I'll have to add some quotes once we get partners then.  I cant wait to start planning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thebakersgirl
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012 08:13:48 AM »

Let start with an easy one, did you enjoy one book over the others?  

I think my favorite one was the first one. I read them all in about 4 days, as well!

The part where she finds Peeta in the mud is one of my favorites, too! Pretty much any part with Peeta is a part I love. And I like all the comic relief in Catching Fire (mostly parts with Finnick).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh sweet Jesus! A boob! She's making a BOOB!" -InkFaery
The Hunger Games Swap: crafting!
http://emilymayhem.blogspot.com
amalgam
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012 09:40:33 AM »

Oh bummer. I can't join this swap. I have too many other projects that I need to work on first.Tongue I'll be keeping an eye on this thread though. This has also given me an idea. I might be taking the plunge into organizing a swap soon. Hmmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eiseldora
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012 10:33:07 AM »

Really wanted too join this one but already sign up for the doctor who swap for first swap.

Hope there is a second one and can't wait to see what comes out.

I feel the same way. I saw the sign up date ends Jan 27th, so I'm hoping if I am on the ball maybe I can complete the Doctor swap and sign up for Hunger Games...Maybe Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eiseldora
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012 10:45:23 AM »

I am about to re-read them as a re-fresher.  Let start with an easy one, did you enjoy one book over the others?  

I too like the first book. I remember when it first came out I was doing booktalks for teens at about 13 different schools. I put Hunger Games in my arsenal. Here was my book talk:

How many of you like reality TV? (wait for response) Well Hunger Games is the ultimate reality TV show, the government even requires everyone to watch the games. Set in the future, where the United States is broken up into 12 districts and a capital city. Every year the capital selects one boy and one girl from each district between the ages 12 and 18 to fight in the Hunger Games. If you win you get a years worth of food for your entire district, but in order to win you must kill all the other teens in the Hunger Games!

We've not been able to keep the book in the library.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Carpet Glam for Less
Hayden Panettiere and Her Makeup Artist Launch Online Beauty Series
Daily Habits That Are Ruining Your Skin
Glam Nomad Makeup at Bibhu Mohaptara NYFW 2014 Show
Shiny Mirrored Nails at the Delpozo NYFW 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...