A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Smallish Stuffie with a Function Swap! (sign ups closed send by 2/06/12)  (Read 23047 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012 11:06:39 AM »

I thought for sure this swap would have been filled up in no time!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
teachart
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012 01:15:12 PM »

What a fun link, Annchen! Kroko is pretty cute!

I know what you mean, mama24boyz! There was so much talk on the new swap board that I thought it would fill quickly too. There are a lot of people who said they wanted to join there but I haven't heard... I'll probably (hopefully!) just get ambushed with questionnaires Sunday night!

If it stays small, that's all right too. I bet there will be some jealously,though, when we have our awesome gallery full of stuffies with purposes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012 01:50:53 PM »

Allways blame it on the fumes Grin

That link is fascinating Annchen!  Poor little crazy critters Grin

I too was thinking it would fill fast.  It might be the time of year too...perhaps folks have full dance cards?  I would like to formally announce BTW, that I am not adopting strays this round...just in case teachart is right about the jealousy  Grin

I'm off to cure some crazy stuffies now Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012 02:11:07 PM »

I... accidentally cured a bunch of stuffies instead of filling in my form XD I fully intend to join, just need to fill everything in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012 04:22:07 PM »

I'm working on my answers.... overthinking and distractability sure eats time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012 05:39:07 PM »

How about some brainstorming for what you'd love to get and/or would love to make?

I'm thinking about how I could modify amigurumi patterns to include hidden compartments for useful stuff... Do you think tawashi (cute dish scrubbie) would count as a stuffie with a function? Most of the ones I've made in the past haven't been stuffed but I think I've seen stuffed variations... And I wonder if one could crochet a soap dish stuffie from plastic yarn... I might have to try just because. I do need another soap dish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
koalascout
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012 06:27:09 PM »

will have to see about this one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012 08:28:48 PM »

I have been wondering about the nature of stuffieness in this swap...I'm wondering if there must be some sort of "fluff" or does stuffing a stuffie with a close pin or some other inanimate object that is "unfluffy"say...or leave it unstuffed even like a coin purse.  I suppose you could use batting in the coin purse to be the "fluff"...Anyway  just been thinking...There is a fine line between stuffie and figurine some times...maybe...

I had all ready been thinking that zippers look like mouths for the last few months, so the little zipper hippo patient was interesting Annchen.  If I could find my sewing machine I might be tempted do do something for me with a zipper mouth Grin  OO and I love the idea of a plarn crotchet stuffie soap dish!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
teachart
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012 06:41:37 AM »

I have been wondering about the nature of stuffieness in this swap...I'm wondering if there must be some sort of "fluff" or does stuffing a stuffie with a close pin or some other inanimate object that is "unfluffy"say...or leave it unstuffed even like a coin purse.  I suppose you could use batting in the coin purse to be the "fluff"...Anyway  just been thinking...There is a fine line between stuffie and figurine some times...maybe...

I had all ready been thinking that zippers look like mouths for the last few months, so the little zipper hippo patient was interesting Annchen.  If I could find my sewing machine I might be tempted do do something for me with a zipper mouth Grin  OO and I love the idea of a plarn crotchet stuffie soap dish!!

Hmmm, good points... I guess it really depends on what you're making... I guess I had assumed there would be some "fluff" in at least part of the stuffie, but seeing all the wonderful ideas that folks are coming up with I could also envision creatures with little fluff necessary. So I guess whatever works, works!  Cheesy Does that sound ok or make a lick of sense? (still on first cup of coffee!)

I have thought about zippers, too! I've never installed a zipper on anything, and thought it might be a good time for me to get over my zipper fear, if my partner's stuffie warrents one, of course!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012 07:12:46 AM »

Zippers are great mouths. Look what I got in a swap (not a stuffie, but it does have a function)

And here's my favourite stuffie with a function (that I made):

The function is a storage part in the mouth... He he Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating a Pressed Flower Frame-Over Photo
Preparing Flowers for the Press
Drying Pressed Flowers
Microwave Flower Pressing
Selecting Flowers to Press
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...