A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,959
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swashbucklers from Summer 2011 (Heavy with Pic Booty)  (Read 1322 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MinervaLRenfield
« on: January 01, 2012 08:00:39 PM »

These are again pics from this Summer and late Spring.  My Geeky side belongs a household in the Society for Creative Anachronism  http://www.sca.org/  As such, they're always in need of costumes or garb and since it's mostly boys who'd rather be practicing their fencing and western martial arts, I'm usually left dressing them. 

So here's some stuff I made this year and never got around to posting here.  All pictures are from the same event...

This first pic is from our camp, I made everything picture.  The shirts are broadcloth poofy shirts, the green pants on the guy in the middle have strips of wine coloured trim and I hand beaded glass pearls and gold seed beads along them.  There is a matching doublet to go with it but for the life of me I can't find a picture of it worn!

The brown doublet was made from super cheap chocolate brown satin and the sleeves have gold embroidery striping them that I did using a fancy sewing machine stitch. 

My gold dress is actually the Tudor kirtle to my Tudor gown.  So I'm just being a hussy running around in my underwear!

This next picture is another shot of the "boys" on their way to the fencing tourney.  The three on the left are all of my work.  They're all pretty much the same in style as far as doublets, shirts and pants go. 

Actually the pants are the exact same pair of pants with different lengths of elastic in the waistband to change the size. lol.  I HATE making pants.  This is my way of cheating. 

The black jacket in the middle is not usually part of our garb collection.  It's an ancient relic of costuming days gone by for us, I have no idea why we brought it out that day.

This is what the boys wore for their fencing outfits for the tourney that day.  The clothes are intentionally baggy here because the boys are wearing body armour underneath for safety.  And obviously, I have a thing for costuming with black fabric. Tongue

And this picture is from a different event where we were vendoring but it shows the green over gown atop my kirtle and chemise from the first picture.  I should be wearing a panel over the front to cover the lacing, but I got lazy and didn't want to pin it on. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012 12:49:42 AM »

Splendid pictures. You've made some stunning costumes over this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012 07:34:58 AM »

Everyone looks great! I love all the details you added in. I can only imagine how much time you invested in these pieces, but the love shows through. These boys are so lucky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
toothbrushtango
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012 01:53:02 PM »

amazing, so detail orientated.
when i got to fairs i just throw on my gaudy years old gypsy Halloween costume... that i bought....
*shame*
i'd love to actually rock something like the green dress you made
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Comparing B&w and Color Versions of Same Image
How to Photograph a Feeling
How to Use IR Converted Camera
How to Understand Qualities Of Storm Light
How to Photograph Architectural Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...