A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,204
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap discussion thread for 2012!  (Read 29687 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 01, 2012 06:06:16 PM »

Since its a new year its time for a new discussion thread for this year's Ongoing ATC Swap!  Lets make some art together! 

Happy New Year, everyone!  <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
gala_apples
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012 04:04:05 PM »

I'm just about to attack my poster paper with my metre stick. I have a feeling I'll be needing a lot of blanks in 2012.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012 05:18:33 PM »

Almost all of my gifts this year where ATC related. I can not wait to try out new techniques and styles! Yes, lots and lots of blanks needed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

savagerose
peace and have a victorious day!

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012 12:19:45 PM »

So I'm new at this ATC thing, especially on Craftster, and I'm curious - what do you all do about the backs of cards? All the ATC articles I read always seem to mention signing and adding the date plus contact info and stuff about sets and editions which I only sort of understand (the edition number would be when you make multiple copies of the same card?).  So do you all prefer to sign your name, your craftster username, or anything at all? And do you include other stuff on the back?

This swap is so much fun by the way Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012 12:29:55 PM »

Currently I write the title of the card on the back.  Then I put my real name and then craftster name, the date, my location, and the name of the swap it came from.  Everyone puts something different on there.  A lot of people put their email address on there too.  I stopped putting that on there because I got lazy with my writing.  ^_^  I used to have a print-off one that I could just stick on the back, but I kinda like writing it on there now.  I don't even both with the editions, either.  I use to, but I pretty much only make one of a kind cards, so its kinda pointless.  MargiePoo makes copies of her ATCs and sends them with original cards, and she puts the edition information on the backs of those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
savagerose
peace and have a victorious day!

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012 01:20:06 PM »

Ah thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012 10:39:09 PM »

Savage, I on the other hand, have only put my name on about half of the cards I've mailed out. And I only title them when I think of a title that amuses me. Like I titled all of Gozer's smoking animal ones, because I had mildly funny jokes for them. And I've never done the edition thing, because I've never made a copy, they're all OOAK.

So I guess different people do different things?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
whatthepuck
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012 08:01:40 AM »

I generally put real name, email, date, and title. I've been known to completely forget to put anything at all. I think it's more of a whatever you want to put sort of thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Aug ATC 5/5/2
Bookmark

Anyone interested in a Hockey Swap.
sabrinalouisemiller

ATCs are an Obsession.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012 07:01:21 PM »

I also really like it when people write where they are from on the backs of their cards. I have cards from so many countries - England, Germany, The Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, Greece, China just off the top of my head, not to mention Canada and the States - that it's always nice to remember how art crosses so many boundaries!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tastyclaythings
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012 06:25:42 PM »

This is so exciting for me  Cheesy I've never made any ATCs untl now, but I'm fairly confident in my work. I absolutely love paper crafts, especially collage work. I'm getting to experiment with a lot of things I've never used before, such as embossing ink/powder, and distress cracking paint [not sure if I like that or not, doesn't work like I expected. I've got two sent off and have... I think three more I need to get done. One is nearly done, the other two aren't started yet  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!

Will do personal swaps for ATCs! PM me Smiley

On the hunt for playing cards - King of Hearts! I need as many as I can get. Will trade ATCs. PM me if interested!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sauerkraut
How to Make a Breakfast Casserole
How to Make Seared Ahi Tuna
How to Make Chicken Wings
How to Grill Lobster Tails
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...