A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,950
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project Stitch A-long 2012  (Read 23342 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WrecksTangle
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012 10:04:15 AM »

Can I play too, guys? I love cross stitch, but I have never done anything larger than a 5in by 7in. but I'm going to challenge myself to do this

It is about 7in by 10in. I am going to do it on 28 ct antique white evenweave and I think I will just use one strand to give it a kind of faded old look. I doubt I will get it done this year, but I'm hoping that seeing all the amazing and fast progress everyone else is making will rub off on me and speed me up a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2012 06:26:55 PM »

Wow, WrecksTangle, can't wait to see progress pictures!

I haven't done anything on my large projects for a few months - keep coming up with other stuff to do but I will eventually get back to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coincollect408
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2012 08:58:31 PM »

Hi guys! For those of you who have been around here awhile, back in '10 I made a greyscale star trek cross stitch..well I'm back.

I'm making a gaming cross stitch for my friend that's going to be 150x150. I currently finished one 50x50 square that showcases portal, the rest of the xstitch will be told once I finish stitching it (gotta keep some of the magic)

Here's the finished block (I haven't updated the picture since the background has been finished)

And it glows in the dark

And here's what the full thing is going to look like (I still have to fix some of the border-the shimmering floss is such a b!tch to use.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There ain't no rest for the wicked
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2012 01:31:50 AM »

I picked up what I am now deeming "The TW Neverending Cross Stitch" once again this weekend!  Back in late 09 to very early 2010 I had been plugging away fairly well.  Then my life sort of exploded. 

First I got walking pneumonia so I coughed and was too tired to stitch, after a few months of getting over that I had been super busy.  Then I ended up getting really sick and being diagnosed with Crohn's Disease.  Plus I ended my relationship of of 4 years.  Since then I was busy, started dating a new guy, have traveled back and forth to visit a friend (400 miles away) before she moved, did busy summer stuff. Etc.  Focused on other projects.   

Finally this weekend I decided to get going again.  I swapped frames- I think some of the problem was the old split rail scroll frame.  It kept slipping and irritated the hell out of me.  I snagged a new set on clearance at Michaels, and my boyfriend's mom gifted me her old one (she doesn't cross stitch anymore as it bothers her eyes and she is busy raising her grandson- my boyfriend's nephew).  The new to me frame made a HUGE difference.  I didn't have to fight to keep it steady, and it didn't fall over every three stitches.  It's a really nice lap frame set up.  Smiley

I made a bit of progress for the first time in about two and a half years!

Here's the last picture I have of progress: 

I had a little bit more in the sky stitched up, but didn't think to get a before picture.  Close enough for whatever.  That was from the middle of November '09.

And here's the work that started on Saturday night:

Boy did it feel great to make progress!  I admit, it helped that a huge chunk was all half stitches...  Plus there was a ton of fill in space with a single color of whole stitches.  I guess I'm ready to tackle the quarter and three quarter stitches again.  Maybe.  We'll see.

The down side is that now I'm dying to work on it rather than go to sleep for work! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2012 09:58:52 AM »

I've made progress with my neverending cross stitch as well - not huge for proper cross stitchers, but huge for me who works on it maybe two times per year, because it requires so much more focus than all my other projects Cheesy All in all I think I'm making at most half a bird per year. But it's oh so satisfying when each bit gets done!

Two birds down, four to go
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012 10:00:25 AM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2012 04:51:00 PM »

Those birds are adorable!  I guess I'll have to be patient to see the next ones  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2012 04:24:29 PM »

Oh, Melladh!  I love your chickadees!  Smiley 
And that is a huge project when it's something you go back and forth working on.  I think the set up and putting away takes longer than the actual stitching.

I took a bit of a break from Wednesday through today, since I went on a long weekend trip.  I did stitch a little butterfly while gone.  I'll be back on it again soon though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2012 04:57:28 AM »

Well it helps that I don't really do any setup Cheesy I keep everything folded in a bag, and embroider without stands or lamps or any other helpers. I've just got my pattern, my fabric, my needle, threads on the chart, scissors and highlighter pen Cheesy All I have to do is take it out of the bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
coincollect408
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2012 11:07:14 AM »

@Listessa: I remember that cross stitch from 2010! I'm so excited to see you have found the motivation to stitch again Smiley
@Melladh: That looks so cute, I would be excited everytime I finished a bird too.

I've been stitching along and decided to increase the border - which brought me back a couple weeks, but here's my progress Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There ain't no rest for the wicked
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2012 02:11:10 PM »

It's looking good so far! I fear I won't be finished by the end of 2012, once again. I let a crocheted baby blankie go before cross-stitching. Not a good choice in summer, but hey, at least I'm enjoying it. And, who knows? I'm not that far off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bob Hope: Entertainer of the Century
One Woman’s Dramatic and Divine Rescue from the Sex Industry
The Troubles of Johnny Cannon
Ann Redisch Stampler on the Book That Changed Her Life
Diane Von Furstenberg on Beauty and Aging
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...