A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project Stitch A-long 2012  (Read 20366 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stitchFIGHT
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012 05:57:13 AM »

I hope so! It's having issues with all the shades of blue, so I'm going to have to adjust the image manually before turning it into a pattern.

Anyway, I just finished and washed Kick-Ass. It's drying right now and I need to iron/frame it before I can take pictures. I'm still not sure if I want to add some backstitching to the face to define his features more..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2012 07:13:29 PM »

Everyones projects are looking pretty neat!! Smiley

Here is my update on my project! Lots of detail and it is slowing me down. I hate slowing down!!
14/25 pages completed now.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchFIGHT
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012 02:14:51 AM »

Kick-Ass FINISHED

Yeah, so here are some scans of the final piece. I still need to photograph it though, I don't like how the scan shows off the colors and stitches. 36 colors of floss on 18-count white aida. The letters are glow in the dark, so it reminds me to kick some ass in my dreams Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012 02:27:43 AM »

great job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
HistoricalNeedle
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012 03:19:31 PM »

Nice job StitchFight!! Smiley

My project has totally stalled today!! I worked on it a bit today and then I couldnt stand looking at it. I need something with BRIGHT colours. I might stitch something smallish this week- then I will realize stitching with a hoop isn't fun and want to stitch my big project again. I hope it works!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2012 10:49:09 AM »

Hurray! Congratulations on finishing stitchfight.  It looks immense! So very impressed.
Here is my little contribution - Ive just started my Bruce Springsteen project.  Im trying to avoid buying too many more skeins of thread so some of the colour choices are  Embarrassed however Ive started and thats the main thing.  It is going to my 4 favourite album covers.  Except I had to substitute born in the Usa for Tunnel of love because Bruce's ass looks easier to embroider than his face.  Dont worry there will be some hilarity for you though as I have to embroider his face on the Born to Run and Darkness on the edge of town covers  Embarrassed 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2012 06:10:20 PM »

I made a 'New Years Resolution' that I was going to stitch on my large project at least one hour each day I was off.  That worked great my first set of days off in January but the next days off I kept busy with swap projects.  This set off I decided I HAD to work on it so yesterday I spent about 5 hours on it and again today and I'm still not done another page!  Just so many color changes.  I did have to spend time today picking out about an hours worth of work since I had miscounted  Angry but at least it's all right now.  I hopefully will have another page done sometime this month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2012 08:04:37 PM »

Is it bad that I'm fairly certain I know what HistoricalNeedle's mystery project is?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012 11:54:32 PM »

Is it bad that I'm fairly certain I know what HistoricalNeedle's mystery project is?

I don't think it's bad - I have a pretty good idea and I'm waiting to see if I'm anywhere close  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2012 11:34:52 AM »

I don't think it's bad - I have a pretty good idea and I'm waiting to see if I'm anywhere close  Smiley

Sweet.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Tweed Nail Art Look With Katie Hughes
How to Dress Up for a Date
How to Perform an At-Home Facial
Why Face Oils Benefit Any Skin Type
How to Create a Runway-Inspired Blue-Black Eye Makeup Look
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...