A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,196
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project Stitch A-long 2012  (Read 21245 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2012 11:51:49 PM »

That's looking great! I love the combination of several games, I've only ever thought of single game installations before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Toralune
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2012 12:57:32 AM »

Hello! Going ahead and joining in with my first proper large project. Just started it today, though I've had my eye on it for a while. Here's the final goal as seen on the packaging:

Final size will be about 14"x12" and incorporates beading and a couple other random things I haven't done before so this should be interesting. I don't expect to finish it this year, but maybe parts of it will at least by recognizable by the end of the year. I technically started on it, though I haven't gotten very far at all I'm afraid:

I'm loving all the projects going on in this thread, and I'm looking forward to working on this thing with you all. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2012 02:32:37 AM »

@Listessa: I remember that cross stitch from 2010! I'm so excited to see you have found the motivation to stitch again Smiley

Thanks so much!  It's such a good feeling to work on it once again too.  I really like the larger boarder on your piece.  It's awesome to see the variety of games together, and the new style boarder really makes it pop!

Here's my update as of last night.  Tonight I didn't end up stitching.  I got sucked into a crossword puzzle and cryptogram or two.  Oops...  Tomorrow is a day off, and I think it will be a stitching day since it's supposed to be rainy.

Toralune- I love that pattern!  Don't worry too much about the adding beads part, it's really a piece of cake.  You have a nice start there!

One thing I just started to do that seems to really help me with the big project is taking a picture after each day you worked on it.  That way when you feel like you haven't done anything, you can flip back to a couple of days prior and really see your progress. 
I just started doing that.  Eventually I want to make an in process photo collage or maybe just a slideshow on the computer.  Smiley  (I don't want to bore everyone here with daily pictures, plus I'm lazy about uploading.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
WrecksTangle

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2012 07:10:59 PM »

Listessa--> taking a picture each day is a great idea! I think I will have to start doing that because I haven't even touched my project in a week because I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. Your project is looking great, I love how you have it marked out in a grid. I bet that comes in really handy!

Great job everyone keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2012 01:38:54 AM »

Thanks WrecksTangle!  I just took two days in a row off- nooo!  (I spent ages at the fair looking at the rabbits this evening.)

The red grid lines are that Ez Count Guideline stuff.  It was the very best cross stitch aid I ever started using, especially with evenweave or linen.  I was going insane with buggy eyes on this darn dragon before.  

Those daily progress pictures are excellent.  Now I find I'm waiting all day long to work on it rather than looking at it in the evening and dreading it.  I no longer feel like any work is futile- I flip through the past few working days and see how much filled in each evening!

Edit:

That's from the wee hours of Sunday morning.  Yeah, I stayed up really late stitching while watching DVDs of Supernatural.  
It doesn't show that well, but a whole bunch of the very light blue area by the dragon's chest is now filled in since the prior picture.  It was an evening full of fill in the blank, but boy is it great to have it done!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012 01:00:13 AM by Listessa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Cross stitch ninja
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2012 09:12:59 AM »

Another progress pic of my zombies:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom.
Lilibet

Princess of Lust

Princess of Lust

« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2012 04:48:24 AM »

Bloody hell!

Could only say that, because I thinks it's appropriate as well Tongue. I guess I've said this before, but it really looks like a delicate pencil drawing. Will the entire fabric be filled eventually?
I'm so not into zombies (I don't get the love), but this is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you a fellow Craftster that is addicted to all sorts of Facebook games? PM me, so we can play together!
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lilibet/pins/
Cross stitch ninja
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2012 08:01:38 AM »

it really looks like a delicate pencil drawing. Will the entire fabric be filled eventually?

Thank you! I won't stitch the white parts and the picture gets brighter the further up it goes, but apart from that, that's the idea. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It eats you, starting with your bottom.
Toralune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2012 08:41:14 AM »

Yep, I don't get the zombie hype either, but you don't really need to love zombies to appreciate how awesome that cross-stitch is going to be. That one's a lot of fun to watch progress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoriLou
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2012 05:20:45 AM »

Making some progress on the Domestic Bombshell.  I finished up her face yesterday.  Here is my progress.

Also wanted to add that I absolutely ADORE the zombies!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Basic Embroidery Designs
How to Attach Sequins to Clothes
How to Attach a Coat Button
How to Make a Slip Stitch
How to Operate a Sewing Machine
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...