A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: January 2012 Birthday Swap  (Read 4756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012 12:47:22 AM »

Happy Birthday, fellow January babies!  My name is Tammy and I live in Mesa, Arizona.  I'm turning 47 on the 16th ... that gives me a weird feeling (I always thought 47 was OLD!)  I mostly crochet and sew, but dabble in all kinds of things.

I'm very eclectic in my likes ... I find it hard to think of things I DON'T like. I can't choose a favorite color anymore, I seem to like them all, except maybe neons.  I'm not flashy at all and I hate to draw too much attention to myself.  I love anything homemade - I appreciate the effort someone takes to make something for me.  I love trinkets and what I call my "treasures" - random things I've accumulated over the years that just sit on a shelf for me to look at ...  I totally agree with the Craftster motto that cute doesn't need a reason!

- Religious Icons - any religion!  My favorite religious gods and goddesses are Ganesha, Cerridwen, Buddha and the Virgin De Guadalupe.  I am sadly lacking in Jesus stuff, so if there was something cool you could think of to make with his image, I'd definitely like it.
- I run as a hobby - I'm a recreational runner that thinks running 26.2 miles on a Sunday with a few thousand people is FUN!

My Birthday Wish List:

-  Just got the newest iPhone and it could use a case ... I have a lot of examples in my Etsy Favorites but I'm open for other ideas too.Thanks franknhurter!!
- Crochet or knitted slippers- any kind, any color.  I hate naked feet!  I got a pair a couple years ago in this swap and I wore them daily until they completely fell apart Sad
- A hook roll for crochet - any kind.  (Mine still reside in an old check box ... not very crafty!)
- Anything Wiccan/Pagan themed - especially anything I can put on my Cerridwen altar. I've been collecting a few pictures of her in other swaps - any media, anyway you think she should look.  I love to see other peoples interpretations of things.  Also anything related to her like white sows and cauldrons.
- Notebook covers, like the ones I make for other people!  I make these covers for a standard one subject notebooks, reuseable.  I'm a typical Capricorn -I make a lot of lists and keep notes on everything in the world.  Again, anything Pagan related or one for "money" (I use a notebook for account balancing.)  I have alot of naked notebooks all over my desk!
- Homemade soaps, bath salts or bath bombs - The few I have received in swaps have been awesome!  I prefer "edible" scents (almond, vanilla, oatmeal) but wouldn't  pass on flowery or fruity scents either.
-  Anything from my Wists, anything based on my likes ... anything - surprises are fun! Thanks Retro-Rose for picking a skirt off my Wists!
-  My biggest goal this year is to redecorate my craft/guest room (which is currently called the "junk room").  I've finally obligated to some fabric and I'm going with black/white/ceil blue colors.  Some crochet baskets in any of those colors would be awesome.

I have an "Etsy Favorites" - http://www.etsy.com/people/phnxreign99/favorites?ref=si_fav
Here's my Wists, although I can no longer get in the account to update it - http://wists.com/phnxreign
(I haven't taken the time yet to figure out Pinterest yet.)

Supplies:
 - Fabric - can anyone really have too much?!
 - Yarn - I have lots of ordinary yarn, but nothing special or interesting.  If you have a skein laying around maybe I can come up with a project for it.
 - Random beads and jewelry stuff - again, can't have enough.

Extras:
Love all kinds of candy and dark chocolate and I'm an absolute coffee and tea addict.  Herbs, stones, and any other random tiny nature things I can offer to Ganesha (I got an offering box in a swap that needs a few more items!) .... I love "stuff"!

I DO NOT need any hats or scarves (we pretend like it doesn't get cold here in Arizona) and I have more random bags than I can count!

Hope everyone enjoys their birthday!!!  Kiss
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012 02:02:12 PM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
kaybeeeee
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012 07:20:21 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm Kat and my birthday was on the 12th (last Thursday!) I live in Toronto and this is the first time that I've done a birthday swap on Craftster. I'm pretty excited about it, gotta say! I have just learned how to knit...it's slow going but I like it so far. I'd like to learn how to crochet one day. I spend my time making music, drawing and writing; I love looking at these message boards for inspiration to keep being creative. I travel a lot for music work and it's something that I really love. Meeting new people is always exciting and keeps life in perspective. It's a big world out there. You can read my blog and keep up with the stuff I do here: www.playthetriangle.com  Smiley Happy birthday everyone!!
!

Favourite colours: I like most colours and patterns, especially into vintage looking fabrics and antique florals (but not modern flowers very often)  

Interests:

I love teas, all sorts of teas and especially Earl Grey with a touch of Vanilla (it's like a super treat for me!)
I play music all over, so having some sort of thing to wrap my cords up would be amazing, and pedal covers for travelling would be sweet (these kind http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/14627_l.jpg)
I love nature, birds and leaves in a realistic looking context
I love everything related to stationary.
no pinterest but etsy favs: http://www.etsy.com/people/PlayTheTriangle/favorites
healing stones and crystals
photography, polaroids
stop motion
old magazines, ephemera
old postcards
writing letters (+ receiving them!)
stationary
natural items like feathers, bone, leather bits (but all found naturally, not purchased)

Crafted items:

I like pretty earrings. Not too big or gaudy, but just pretty (if that makes sense!)
I love the hoops you guys make! Something to put on my wall would be nice.
Anything with little bits of fabric or metal or feathers or whatever
Candy - homemade candy is awesome of course
Leg warmers!

Supplies:

fabric, just regular cotton, any size or colours
Watercolour paper, any sizes or scraps
felt, any colours
embroidery floss
jewellry findings and interesting pieces to put together, like chains, clasps etc
Keys, all sorts of old keys big or small are super awesome.

Other randoms:

snacks (I'm vegetarian)
wool, I just learned to knit!
embroidery hoops or small pieces so I can display
chocolate?

Happy birthday and yayyyyyy for swaps!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012 06:32:13 PM by kaybeeeee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read my BLOG?
Listen to my MUSIC?
pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012 07:04:58 AM »

I claim Miss Barbara for origami stars and Danish woven hearts (1/0/0)

Hiya! My name is Anne and I live in a small city called Kolding in Denmark. I live here because the best designschool of the country is here, and I study fashion and textiles design. I'm working on my MA atm.

No allergies relevant for this swap but I really dislike the smell of smoke. Not that I've ever had a problem with it from packages here on craftster, but worth saying! Smiley

Also I really haven't had much succes with acryllic yarns.

I love colors in general. Though I'm not much into the hole rainbow combination. Neon color isn't too good either. But most other colors are hot. Neon orange combined with gray is okay though.

I am still working on finding more things to put on my list - this is the first time ever I'm joining the Jan BDS so it's a bit overwhelming (but fun!)

http://www.wists.com/pseudo_pix

http://www.ravelry.com/people/pseudo/favorites?view=thumbs

Wishes
- scandinavian style mittens
- dpn knitting needle cases (NOT a roll). I have a TON of dnps and a huge need to keep them in a practical manner. And a needle roll is nice for keeping them but not at all getting to them! http://www.flickr.com/photos/20656446@N07/5477182920/in/set-72157625622057171
- circular knitting needle case http://img2.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.276261878.jpg
- button hoop clock http://www.flickr.com/photos/20656446@N07/5562431580/
- earrings! I love earrings but almost all of my jewelry was stolen last summer in a big break in and I have only a very few earrings left Sad I love dangly but also simpler. I like silly and crafty too. I prefer silver to gold.
GEEKY is good just fyi Wink

Supplies
- hoops, in wood with not too big screws and no plastic closings
- handpainted quality yarns. Please no less than you can make at least a hat/mittens/what not small.

Extras
- dried fruit chips and alike.
- X-Rays, all kinds are welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
gingerpeachy
Will swap for knitted hexi-puffs (beekeepers quilt) or heart-shaped buttons

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012 05:11:45 PM »

aw crap! I didn't see this until now.  My birthday was January 21st Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Treatments Straight from the Beach
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
Best Nail-Polish "Cocktails & Coconuts"
How To Fix Dry Mascara
Best Beauty Products For Under $15
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...