A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: January 2012 Birthday Swap  (Read 4206 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: January 01, 2012 05:06:55 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401093.0

Swap name: January 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: January 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401093.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:    Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM TroubleT by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put Jan. Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:
Proper label:
"Jan. Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received PMs include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by Jan. 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):
Name of swap: January 2012 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401093.0   Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- January 2012 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401093.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

July 2011 Birthday List
July 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery
October 2011 Birthday List
October 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery
November 2011 Birthday List
November 2011 Discussion and Gallery
December 2011 Birthday Lists
December 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012 05:58:54 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012 05:13:33 AM »

Birthday Swappers
Leighi123 FOC - Jan 3 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
Miss Barbara FOC - Jan 31 - (0,0,3) - receiving 2 gifts
Retro_Rose FOC - Jan 25 - (0,1,1) - receiving 3 gifts
nilmerg FOC - Jan 16 - (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
franknhurter FOC - Jan 15 - (0,0,3) - receiving 2 gifts
Myyrh FOC - Jan 17 - (1,0,0) - receiving 2 gifts
sweatereyes - Jan. 14 - (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gift
mintdawn - Jan 14 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
phnxreign99 FOC - Jan 16 - (0,0,4) - receiving 2 gifts
kaybeeeee - Jan 12 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
pseudo_pix FOC - Jan. 6 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift

Non-Birthday Swappers

TroubleT - (0,0,1)
A2K FOC - (0,0,1)

Claims
Sent
Received
Late w/ communication
Contact the Organizer ASAP

Send by Jan. 16
Retro_Rose to nilmerg for 2 Pinterest goodies

Jan 17

nilmerg to franknhurter for an upcycled banner and a hoopla
frankhurter to leigh123 for reusable paper towel set
franknhurter to nilmerg for two hooplas
sweatereyes to Retro_Rose for phone case
Miss Barbara to leighi123 for a star lapghan

Jan 19
nilmerg to Myyrh  - pair of owls and phone cover
mintdawn to Miss Barbara for jewelry and some other stuff
Myyrh to Retro_Rose for a cowl and set of fingerless gloves

Jan. 20
Miss Barbara to Myrrh for a scarf and fingerless gloves

Jan 21
A2K to sweatereyes for an e-reader cover
phnxreign99 to sweatereyes for crocheted slippers
phnxreign99 to mintdawn for rainbow leg warmers
Retro_Rose to phnxreign99 for a skirt
franknhurter to phnxreign99 for an iphone cover and a surprise
TroubleT to mintdawn for black leg warmers

Jan 28
pseudo_pix to Miss Barbara for origami stars and Danish woven hearts

Jan. 29
sweatereyes to Franknhurter for a felt pin and some supplies

Jan 30

Miss Barbara to Retro_Rose for a grey beret that slouches

Feb 3
kaybeeee to pseudo_pix for some earrings and some dried fruit and snacks

Feb 6
leighi123 to Miss Barbara snack bags/mug rug

Feb 7
phnxreign99 to kaybeeeee for some legwarmers

Feb. 14
phnxreign99 to Myrrh for a Pinterest surprise
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012 08:22:23 PM by Hobbes! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012 10:39:02 AM »

Hi!  

My name is Leigh-Ann, and I will be 26 on Jan 3rd.  I live in Florida with my family, and I'm a single mom to an awesome 4yr old son, Levi.  I love the beach/ocean, bright colors, fabric, and anything for my son!

Very allergic to smoke! (and covering it with febreeze just makes it worse!)

I do not like anything pastel colored or camouflage, I also prefer useful items b/c I have a small space.  Levi and I are also vegetarian, so no leather, feathers, etc.

My wists: www.wists.com/leighi123
My pinterest:  http://pinterest.com/leighi123/

There is a lot on there for Levi, but I'd love to receive any of that as well, particularly the homeschool stuff as that helps me out a lot!   I'm happy with things 'inspired by' anything on my wists/pintrest as well, and for supplies, I don't mind if they are used/part used.

Crafted things:

NEW  Rainbow cloth/playsilk like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/204421270555615620/   The bigger, the better  OR a playsilk blank, a real big one, or smaller ones too., I have dye to dye it. 

*NEW* I got a gym membership for my bday and I need "gym stuff" - especially clothing (size small or XS), capri length knit fabric pants I can wear for cycling, tank tops, a fun decorated water bottle, a yoga mat bag, fun towels to bring, etc.    
New! T-rex shirt, size small or XS, not picky on colors (I'd wear it to the gym, so a tank top would be even better): http://tinyurl.com/7e3n6c3
-New  Fun yoga mat and/or yoga mat bag that's easy to get the mat in and out of.
- realistic models of human body parts (for our next homeschool unit)
- crochet slipper flip flops like these: http://pinterest.com/pin/45950858667687739/  Dark color for the bottom to hide dirt!
- leg warmers, cotton or other non-itchy yarn, I have a hard time with wool/acrylic.   Color that matches lots of things
- batik fabric pillow cases for regular bed pillows
- hoops for my hoop wall with these designs stenciled on them: http://pinterest.com/pin/117023290287160905/   Maybe scissors or other sewing themed things too in the same style, and fun colors.
- a fun pendant that I can wear all the time (so matches lots of things), MUST be waterproof, I never remember to take jewelry off and on.  Maybe something that looks like a little pair of jeans (for my son Levi), or a stamped metal one with his name, or something fun in resin.
- button lamp shade, or other fun lamp shade (maybe batik or ocean theme), I have a small lamp with a blue base that is boring!  Maybe this one: http://pinterest.com/pin/45950858667730476/
- dinosaur socks for me and for Levi (me size 6.5, Levi size 8 toddler): http://pinterest.com/pin/45950858667722263/
- anything at all that would look cool on a light table.  See through things, x-rays, mirrors, etc.  
- hair things, simple, nothing too puffy/crazy, I never do anything with my hair but maybe I should!  This triple headband is cute: http://pinterest.com/pin/238479742737791105/  (my hair is long, blonde, and very fine)
- this wall art for Levi, I can send you the info to go on it: http://pinterest.com/pin/247838785713407191/
- reusable paper towel set (I can add snaps if you don't have a snap press)

Supplies:

- FABRIC!!!  I LOVE fabric of any kind, any amount.  Some of the ones I really like are on my pinterest.  I particularly need: dots, stripes, solids, batiks (all quilters cottons),   solids, stripes, dots, kid friendly prints (knits), solid colors like brown/black/tan/navy/red in 2yd+ cuts (bottomweights), novelty prints.  Also need a yard each of kid friendly holiday fabrics, particularly valentines/easter/st pattys.  

- Sewing supplies: thread, elastic, interfacing, wonder under, stabilizing tape, embroidery stabilizer, zippers, ribbon (not the plasticy kind though), brother/singer sewing machine needles etc.
- resin kit, I really want to try this!
- Ottobre magazine, check with me first b/c I already have a bunch.
- rotary cutter blades
- Buttons!  Any kind, novelty or regular, any size, fun colors!
- Orange KAM snaps (I can never find true orange?)
- sheets for laminater machine, 8x10 is fine.
- LED lights
- glow in the dark paint

Extras:  
- organic/vegan candies/treats/snacks
- used childrens books (for any age, no TV/movie character or dollar store type books)
- homeschool supplies of any kind!
- fun erasers
- a solid colored 10x13 frame, I can't find one anywhere for some reason!
- X-Rays, human or animal, real ones or copies - I'd love these to use on our light table for homeschool activities!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012 06:10:48 PM by leighi123 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012 11:47:29 AM »

I claim leighi123 for a rainbow colored, star afhgan, sent by Jan.15! (1,0,0)
I claim Myrrh for a cozy scarf and fingerless gloves!  (2, 0, 0)
I claim Retro_Rose for a grey beret that slouches!  (3, 0, 0)

Wink Hello!  My name is Barbara (a.k.a.-"Miss Barbara') and I am a wife, mom and teacher.  I really look forward to signing up for this swap every year!  I live in Long Island, New York.

I don't have allergies, but everyone else in my house has slight ones.  I can swap with someone who has pet(s), but please keep the pet(s) supplies away from the craft supplies and crafted item(s).

FAVORITE THEMES/WANTS:  fairies (not Disney), ladybugs, turtles, frogs, homespun yarn, koolaid dyed yarn, cupcakes, ice cream, owls, Dia de los Muertos, dragonflies, tattoos (not skulls), sanddollars

CLAY(?):
-DH and I have purchased and created a small, all glass terrirum that sits on a small table next to our phone.  I was going to buy some small plants and make it a live terrarium, but it's been two months now, and I don't think that's going to happen!  Roll Eyes  Sooooo....craft in your favorite medium and make me something small enough to go in the terrirum that we will enjoy looking at.  I'm thinking that if I receive a whole bunch of different little items from a lot of different people, it will be a very unique art project to look at.   Cheesy

PAINT(?):
-Size 2xl (two x-large) white t-shirt with the use of sharpie and drops of rubbing alcohol to create a tie-dye effect; then set with a vinegar rinse (so the colors won't run or fade.)

SEWN:
-any kind of color/style bookmark
-Dottees
-Fleece Swiffer duster covers
-Fleece Swiffer sweeper covers
-Reusuable/recycable snack bags
-Reusuable/recycable napkins
-Lavender scented sachets

PAPERCRAFT:
-origami stars
-origami hearts
-origami cranes
-Danish woven hearts (These were posted on Craftster a few days ago, but I couldn't get them onto my wist.)

-A regular plastic, three ring, notebook that comes with the three ring plastic page covers.  I use them not only for my crocheting patterns, but want to start using them for the recipies that I print out from the internet as well.  If you would like to decorate the cover for me, and/or provide dividers (i.e.-main dishes, side dishes, desserts, etc...) that would be great!
(Thank you so much mint_dawn for the felt Danish woven heart!)

YARN:
-Yarn pom-poms in every color of the rainbow, including grey, black, and white.  (I will be using them to teach my preschool class colors.)
-Chunky, somewhat loose, infinity scarf

JEWELRY:
-I love all kinds of jewelry!  I especially like hanging earrings, and do have a second hole that I wear smaller earrings in as well.  Adjustable bracelet(s) would be a good idea about now, because I am in the process of losing weight.  Necklaces on the long side (over my bosom) are better for me.  Rings and pins are teriffic too!
-Tree of Life pendant necklaces, or any version thereof....
(Thank you so much mint_dawn for the bracelet and earrings!)

HAIRCRAFT Cheesy:
-A decorated headband.  Only the hard, plastic, 'U' shaped ones stay in my hair.  I considerer my style tailored, but unique.  Maybe a ribbon wrapped one (headband) with a nice flower glued to it?

SUPPLIES:
-YARN, Yarn, yarn!!!!!!  (I love yarn and can never have enough!  And acyrlic is fine by me!)
-Buttons (Any size, shape, color)
-Fabric (Any size, shape, color)
-Pocketbook handbags (My newest obsession, for some reason.)
-Pens that write in black.  (For work)
-Stickers (in any of my themes)
-Beads (any kind, any type)
-Whimsies
-Scrabble tiles

-safety eyes (preferably black, but any color)
-Wonder Under
-Mod Podge's Diamond Magic (I can't seem to find it here at all!)
-*small rocks/stones/pebbles/shells from your area*

I am unable to take and post photos, so if you could do so, that would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance!*
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012 02:09:35 PM by Miss Barbara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012 03:38:30 AM »

Hi all, My Name is Elaine, I live in New South Wales, Australia. I will be 32 on 16th January. I am a SAHM with 2 beautiful girls aged 2 and 4 years old and a hard working husband.  I really enjoy crafting and love the swapping element of craftster. My favourite colours are purple, silver, navy blue, kaki green (But not actual kaki!) and dark browns, particularly with aqua. I like Celtic and Scottish stuff (my heritage), historical/ archaeological stuff, cooking, reading, red dwarf, funky fitted t-shirts, gardening, my favourite animal is a lady bug and Im also quite partial to dandelions. I prefer not to receive items that are gold, neon, of religious nature, explicit, foul language or nudity thank you. We have no allergies, but prefer if your crafts to arrive smoke and pet hair free but as long as you smoke away from your craft and you dont let your pets sit on your knitting then we should be ok!

Crafts:
    An Embroidery hoopla Here is a link to a picture of my small hoopla wall. I would love more to add to it. I have quite a few pined onto my hoopla likes board on Pintrest But I would particularly like this unhappy fairy or something with tatting or even crochet designs or flowers sewn on like this
   Paper craft hoopla I Love this origami star hoopla and I totally fail at trying to make them myself! I would love to have someone have a go for me:  origami star hoop
   Fitted t-shirt for me with cool printed/appliqued design Im an Australian size 14 on top (which I believe is a US size 12 or a UK size 14). I quite like this tree of life t-shirt  More examples here but Im open to any design
   Some polymer clay topped sewing pins to use to hang hoops onto my hoopla wall. There are examples on several of the boards on my Pintrest
    Crochet Mary Jane style slippers size 7-8 us. 5-6 UK or  39 Europe. Something like this
    Fold away shopping bags Lots of examples in mysewn items pintrest board I hate plastic bags so anything that I can carry around to save picking up more of the dam things would be great. If it could fold or roll up neatly, that would be a bonus too.
    A pair of these fabric shoes or the pattern to make them (half price at the moment only $3.25) fabric shoes

Craft supplies and others:
   I like to make inchies I have a black and a brown sharpie, but would love a set of sharpies in other colours or even just some individual sharpies. A very sharp black would be great.
   A Dark brown ink pad for the edges of my inchies (I have black and various shades of purple already).
   Some machine or hand embroidered images or numbers or letters on 2.5 squares that I can incorporate into my eye-spy quilt (a work in progress!). (remember that 0.5 inches will be lost into the seam all the way around)
    Blue inchies  that I can frame and hang on the wall. I have a huge frame that I m hoping to fill.. eventually.
   Fat quarters of quilting fabric Particularly tone on tone fabric. So for example say Blue with blue swirls or green with green spots. (to go between the fussy cut squares and for the backing I dont want plain, but dont want to distract too much from the I-spy game either)
   Any other quilting fabrics you have to offer even reasonable sized scraps as I do quite a bit of applique and scrappy sewing. Patterns or plains, neat or scrappy, anything goes when it comes to my stash! Id be quite happy to receive a scrap bag!
   Any buttons as many as you can spare, odd or not. Large, small, any colour is great, even plain work shirt buttons.
   Empty Janome bobbins clear plastic (not metal) Not sure it makes much difference, but my machine is a DC3018 example
   Machine sewing needles I get through them quite quickly. Regular is fine. My machine is detailed above (not that that makes any difference I think!)
   Sewing thread I use Gutterman threads. Any brand is fine as long as it is good quality. Black, White, light grey or whatever you have is good.
    DMC embroidery thread. Any colours would be great, but Black and white are always useful! Id love more of a selection of the metallics and the variegated too.
   Embroidery Hoops I always have a hoop on the go either for myself, a friend or a fellow crafter. I get through lots of hoops! I use mostly 6, but would also be interested in receiving smaller hoops 2, 3 or 4.
   Foaming soap bottle Weird, I know, but I just cant get one here! this link takes you to my pintrest and then to a company that sells them.

Other things / extras
   If there is space in the parcel, I wouldnt turn down some yummy treats! I love mint chocolates!!!!! And always enjoy trying something that you cant get in the UK or Australia. (I dont drink tea or coffee)
   I have a supplies and extras board on my pintrest here which shows some of my favourite things to eat!!! Wink
   A favourite recipe (my recipe file is an A4 folder)
   A favourite photograph, 6x4 is fine.

If there is nothing on this list that apeals you could try my  Pintrest The first 12 or 13 boards are free for all, ther last few are example of what Ive made, what Ive received and what Id like to make Wink

Claims:
Send by 17th January 2012
Nilmerg to Franknhurter Doily bunting and a mini paper aeroplane hoop.

Send by 19th January 2012
Nilmerg to Myyrh  - pair of owls and phone cover
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012 01:56:26 PM by nilmerg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012 08:16:27 AM »

Helloooo 2012!! We are going to kick this year off right! Cheesy

Happy birthday to all the wonderful January craftsters out there! I am so happy to have this swap available to us each year. It makes my day to get birthday mail! Smiley

My name is Amy, and I'm going to be turning 25 on the 25th! I love to travel, fly on park swings, and create things! I am attracted to rich/saturated and bright colours, I salavate for fruity scents, and I love cottons and synthetics.

The pictures below are only examples, and they're hotlinked to open a new tab to see them bigger. I'm really flexible on the type of design and colours for most things. Just message me! Smiley

I hope you'll find something that ignites your creative fancy on my list, anything here would tickle me pink!

Sewn

1. Retro-phone cell phone case

2. Embroidered hoop in this sort of style (Open minded to colours and subject matter)
3. Yoshi Screened or Appliqued shirt showing his tongue out
4. Grocery totes in fun fabrics
5. Fun wallet with lots of card slots
6. BIGGEST WISH EVER - A crinoline petticoat to give me that 1950's fullness

1. 2. 3.

4. 5. 6.

Jewlery

1. A necklace with this phrase would be great!
2. Yoshi earrings
3. Pretty beaded bracelets
4. Blue themed loaded charm bracelet
5. Asymetrical pearl necklace
6. Fancy hair comb

1. 2. 3.

4. 5. 6.  or  

Knit/Crochet

1. A grey beret that slouches
2. Fat comfy cowl
3. Headband with a flower
4. Thick fingerless gloves

1. 2.

3. 4.

Supplies

Guterman machine embroidery thread
Serger thread (Sets of 4)
Embroidery floss
Embroidery hoops
Janome bobbins

Extras

Fuzzy socks
Note Cards n' envelopes
Loose leaf teas
Book lamp

Claims I've Made:

Send by Jan. 16 Retro_Rose to nilmerg for a plastic bag holder tube and pincushion from her pinterests

Send by Jan. 21 Retro_Rose to phnxreign99 for a skirt from her wists

Claims Made On Me:

Big huggy thanks to Myyrh to making a double claim on me for some fingerless mittens and a cowl! Smiley

An excited hip hip hurrah to sweatereyes for a retro looking felt cell phone case! Wink

A bubbly cheer out loud to Miss Barbara for a grey slouchy beret! Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012 08:41:24 PM by Retro_Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

franknhurter
Erin FranknHurter Swan

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012 12:42:33 AM »

Hello January Babies!  Grin  My name is Erin (a.k.a.-"franknhurter) and I play roller derby, hence the name Frank N Hurter. I play for the Rose City Rollers league and my home team is the the Guns and Rollers.  When I am not skating, I transform into a Super Crafter, who can leap tall craft tables in a single bound, serge with one foot and Sew with the other, and make applesauce while carving stamps.  I also letterbox, when the weather is nice. I live in Portland, Oregon, and it rains here often.  I recently moved to Oregon with my husband, a Boston terrier name Mr. Spock, a French bulldog named Lucy, and a terror of a black cat name Ninja Bruce. Will all that said, Happy Birthday to all of you and It's time to get our craft on!  Wink
Request: please no Smoking.

FAVORITE THEMES/WANTS:  I love Skating and Roller Derby items. Love Bigfoot stuff, and owls. I love bold colors (ie Red, Blue, Yellow, Jewel tones, and black). I like mute colors such as oatmeal or mustard spice, or warm spicy colors.

1.)  :-*This is my #1 wish: A small craft suitcase http://pinterest.com/pin/76209418663894507/
2.) Knit covered bracelets http://pinterest.com/pin/7248049369936529/
3.) Number arm bands (one for each arm) stretchy. My number is 73 http://pinterest.com/pin/262756959478996151/
4.) Felt pin Be creative J http://pinterest.com/pin/248753579387565599/
http://pinterest.com/pin/13370130113267692/
5.) Comic Bracelet http://pinterest.com/pin/227924431110993221/
6.) Roller derby Deodorizer bag filled with mixture of silica desiccants and lavender-1 or 2 med bags 5x5 http://www.etsy.com/listing/82165497/dancing-skeleton-funk-blockers
7.) Bath Bombs (any sent)
8.) Hand Dyed yarn (loud pink & black or deep purple) natural fibers
9.) Bath salts (I work out a lot. I.e. skate and then soak in the tub)
10.) Crochet doily up-cycled banner http://pinterest.com/pin/114208540519844573/ Thank you nilmerg
11.) re-usable produce bags http://pinterest.com/pin/172614598187287228/
12.) Sewn Garland http://pinterest.com/pin/24066179228323756/
13.) Anyone working on a the beekeeper's quilt, who would like to send a few hexagons my way, I would add them to my growing collection (any color)
14.) ***Wool Fingerless gloves ***
http://www.etsy.com/listing/86038441/long-fingerless-gloves-in-black-with-two?ref=sr_gallery_32&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=fingerless+&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=5&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
http://pinterest.com/pin/156992736979940443/
http://pinterest.com/pin/74450200059564220/
http://pinterest.com/pin/122160208611977666/
15.) Embroidery art (think hipster art.) Here are some links for ideas. http://pinterest.com/pin/125397170844148420/
http://pinterest.com/pin/241716704969968464/
http://pinterest.com/pin/210472982554951086/ Thank you nilmerg
http://pinterest.com/pin/153474299770973380/
http://pinterest.com/pin/184999497162656756/
16.) amazing unicorn necklace  I gave this as an idea pic. If ya want to go the realistic route then thats cool too. http://pinterest.com/pin/164522192606874222/
17.) If you a craft something amazing, you think I might like. Please send me a surprise!

SUPPLIES:
Glow in the dark Mod Podge
-Fabric (themed, unusual aka zombies, flaming raccoons, naughty gnomes would be considered unusual, vintage amazing, or bold prints, or neon pink tiger print)
Purse Clutch clasps, to make a purse
Craft Paint brushes
Vintage Doilies
Embroidery Hoops
Small altoid or other small tins
Vintage pins especially metal flower pins.
Singer sewing machine needles
Vintage themed cotton bedsheets (ie star wars, cartoons, amazing 60 print)
Extras:
tiny erasers  (ya know food sushie, unicorns and such)
Tiny tiger balm (this is quarter size container for travel)
Thick ponytail holders
Tea (fruity or minty)
Small chocolates

Claims:
Send by Jan. 17
franknhurter to leighi123 -- reusable paper towel set SENT & Received Smiley
franknhurter to nilmerg for two hooplas

« Last Edit: January 08, 2012 12:12:41 AM by franknhurter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colors: Go Bold or go home! Smiley
Myyrh
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012 03:00:15 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Brittany, and I'm turning the big 21 on January 17th. I live in a tiny town in Idaho and am currently going to school in the Psychology program. I also work full time at McDonald's as a manager. In my free time, I read, play video games, drive around in my car, knit, crochet, listen to music, and watch movies.

I am a huge Harry Potter nerd. If you send me anything related to Harry Potter, you will seriously be my best friend forever and ever. My favorite character is Sirius Black, and I am a huge fan of the Marauders group, even Wormtail. I love Snape and Lilly's connection, and I am honestly still waiting for my acceptance letter to Hogwarts. My owl has gotten lost in the mail. I'm in the process of drawing out a Harry Potter sleeve for the next time I work on my tattoos. I am fer real. My patronus is an octopus.

I have a thing with zombies as well. I love The Walking Dead, Left for Dead, zombie movies, dressing like zombies (I love doing zombie make-up, I can show you pictures if ya want!) etc. I. Love. Zombies. My car is named Zombimus Grime (because its a transformer) and is covered in zombie magnets and bumper stickers. This relates directly to my recent obsession with anatomy jewelry, which you can find on my wist.

I also like pokemon, foxes, owls, Tim Burton, the stars, tie-dying, studying (I'm weird), octopi, sea creatures, Dexter, House, Modest Mouse, and astronomy.

My wist: www.wists.com/omg_healz
Etsy favorites: http://www.etsy.com/people/omghealz/favorites?ref=si_fav

Things I would dig:
1. My favorite colors are deep purple, teal, burgundy red, and green.
2. Hair accessories. Its how I express myself at work, I like to add headbands, bows,feathers, flowers (fake or fabric), hell, I'd probably put an umbrella in my hair if it looked cool. Especially feather headbands. My wist is covered in them.
3. A loaded charm bracelet. I've seen Harry Potter themed ones on craftster and they're on my wist too. SO RAD.
4. Something related to the Marauders from Harry Potter. I really like this  http://www.wists.com/omg_healz/0d66d87b573597c2324f59eb0bb13ddc
5. Steampunk jewelry, I just think its frackin cool.
6. Poppets. I have a few examples (also on my wist). If I had a Sirius Black poppet, I'd probably poop a brick.
7. While we're on the topic of Harry Potter, a time turner or snitch of my own would be pretty cool too!
8. Things to keep me warm walking to school. Thank you Miss Barbara!
9. A cover for my heating pad would be pretty sweet, I can send you dimensions.
10. I would really like a hat with earflaps on it. I think they are super cute.
11. A coffee mug cozy, because I'm trying to replace my Redbull addiction with something cheaper. I adore this one:
http://www.wists.com/omg_healz/b0b6457ab611ae7536bf5124bf9cbc4c
12. A reusable tote or bag for shopping. Most times I shop lightly, but I have never used one before. Oh geez, a Harry Potter one or octopus one would be awesome. But any cool looking one would be most appreciated.
13. I really like handspun/died yarn. I'm not creative enough to make it on my own, but it makes awesome additions to my patchwork blanket. Funky colors, textures, etc will always find a place in my home!
14. Reusable sandwich/snack bags
15. A magic yarn ball, even just a small one...I think they're super neat.
16. A wallet type thing for pads and tampons (those things get lost EVERYWHERE)
17. A wisty surprise
18. An etsy-esque surprise Thanks nilmerg!
19. A set of unpaper towels, they're super rad!

Things I don't dig:
1. I am in the processes of quitting smoking so I appreciate things that come from a smoke-free home. Makes it easier to let go!
2. I am allergic to onions. Please refrain from sending me a bag of onions.
3. Earrings, because I have no piercings. Only tattoos. Unless there is a perfectly amazing pair you find that could convince me to pierce them.
4. Bellatrix Lestrange. She's a you-know-what.
5. Religious items.

Supplies I dig:
1. I am always open to donations of crochet hooks, knitting needles, and additions to my scrapbooking hoarde. I am always in need of pens (black preferrably) and I am a stamp-a-holic.

Extras:
I'm really not into candy or food, but I like minty gum and lifesaver things to help me not smoke. I love recipes for food. I also love lotion, handmade or bought, in light scents. My hands dry out a lot at work. Also, I'll be turning 21 this month so whatever supplies you might think I'll need for that, cause I'll be completely shnockered.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012 11:47:59 AM by Myyrh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My whipped ice dairy drink brings the attention of many males to my place of residence and/ or employment, and they declare that its quality far surpasses that of yours. Absolutely, it far surpasses yours. I could convey to you the recipe, but i would have to demand compensation.
sweatereyes

We are but lovers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012 08:44:42 AM »

Hi everyone!  I'm Katie, I'm turning 25 on the 14th. I work in a variety of mediums and crafts, because I tend to be super scatter brained.  But mostly, I love making dolls and plushies.  I just started working on a clay BJD (my first) and I am a little terrified.  I don't know how to knit or crochet.  I love all things vintage and old, I'm pretty sure my house looks like a time warp of mis-matched decade's kitschy decor and pop culture.  I love a lot of colours, but have lately been loving mints and aquas (who hasn't?), and I always love red (I realize after writing that sentence that I use the word love three times.. hmm).  I enjoy a variety of pattern types, kawaii, pretty, vintage, geometric, polka dots, stripes..   I love movies, comic books, video games, some anime (so pretty much I am a big geek).  I live in London, Ontario with my Transformers crazy partner, and our two kitties. I prefer practical, or wearable items over purely decorative items, since we live in a small space.  I don't have any allergies.

Themes/ Brand things that I like:
the World Ends with You (video game)
La Dispute (band)
Mouse Guard (comic)
retro science fiction (Arthur C Clark, Heinlein..)
dinosaurs
Deep Sea creatures, monsters, squids, and octopodes
Russian propaganda and folk art
Outer Space!
Pokemon (bulbasaur (all evolutions), vaporeon, hoppip are favourites)
Sailor Moon (I love Luna and Artemis!)
Venture Bros (especially the Monarch)

I have a Pinterest board with a bunch of ideas of more specific styles and what not for the items I have listed here.  The board also includes other wish list items that I didn't include (some of them are outrageous, it is a wish list after all!) but anything on the board is fair game.  ^_^  You can also check out my other boards for my general style and aesthetic prefences. http://pinterest.com/sweatereyes/wish-list/

Crafted Items:

Ereader cover ** This is definitely my biggest wish! My partner bought me one for my birthday, so I'm pretty excited to have a cool place to keep it.  These are the dimensions: Width: 15.88 cm Height: 21.79 Depth: 3.81

Crochet/ knit slippers I have tiny feet (size 5)

Aromatic sachets for my drawers (especially ones that do double duty and protect your clothing from bugs!)

Sailor Moon stylus

Fabric baskets (preferably square/ rectangle shaped, not round) (edit: actually I don't mind if they're round, or if they are crochet etc.. I love baskets of all sorts)

Any pins, embroidered patches etc from any themes and such!

Homemade modge podge (should this be in supplies?  I'm not really sure)

Supplies:

Wet felting starter kit
Gloss for clay
Brads
Shelf liner (that isn't incredibly ugly, or wood grain)
Fun vintage flat sheets, fabric scraps

Extras:
I love trying new teas, I especially love the kinds that you are supposed to put milk in.
Dark Chocolate
Shortbread cookies

Things that I don't particularly care for:
Skull patterns
Hoopla embroideries (I like embroidery, just not for my walls)
Earrings since I don't have my ears pierced
Country style

Feel free to contact me with any questions or what not.  I also love surprises!  

Oh yeah, here is my blog if you want to know more about me: https://bulbasaureyes.wordpress.com/

I claimed Retro_Rose for phone case, to be sent by January 17th!

Thanks A2K for claiming me for an e-reader cover and thank you phnxreign99 for claiming me for crochet slippers!  Excited!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012 11:06:02 AM by sweatereyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.
Regain the passion I once carried; do away with all the rest.
I tore the sickness from your bodies; smashed its head against the bricks.
I made a castle from its bones that you may always dwell in it.
mintdawn
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012 11:35:14 AM »

Hiyas, I'm Dawn and I live in Fargo, ND. I make a lot of jewelry and atc's on craftster. My birthday is January 14th and I'll be 41 this year. I came out of a horrible marriage a couple of years ago. Since then I've been trying to get back to the place i was before the marriage.  I'm rebuilding my bead collection and learning lots of new jewelry making techniques. I'm really into multimedia charms right now. I am also a visual artist. I am locally in the FVMA and participate in all the local shows and events. Craftster is like school for me. I use the techniques i learn and practice here and find ways to bring them into my more serious artwork. Craftster rules! Tongue. My website is www.dawnturtle.com Anyways here's my list. happy birthday me!

themes:

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/mintdawn/
sugar skulls/calaveras/dia de los muertes
black and grey and white
rainbow gradients
aum/hindu/krishna/ganesh/kali
skulls - primitive not pirate
cave paintings
hamsa hands
spirals
land turtles
worry dolls
keith haring
stephen king
weight loss

crafted items:

multimedia charms - fabric, metal, beaded, found items, paper, acrylic, natural, whatever neat thing u find.
atc's that say 'stephen'
earrings - i like pretty dangly earrings.
feathers - i like the long feathery earrings and hair strings n such.
worry dolls - little ones like an inch long made in the traditional manner
low cal candy - yummy low calorie candy
recipes - pescatarian or vegetarian recipes. fast, easy and hot. under 200 calories
leg warmers - rainbow, black, black and grey, black and white
scrunchies - handmade scrunchies or hair ties. black, rainbow, heather grey

craft supplies:

atc paper - 2.5 x 3.5 thick precut paper. watercolor, black, white, parchment. should be suitable for pen or watercolor
bead patterns - i wanna learn some peyote stitch stuff - can be free who cares!
zentangle patterns and designs, line design indexes
charm patterns or ideas
glue sticks
felt
embroidery floss
jewelry findings
wire pins for jewelry and charm making
beads
pretty keys
bedazzler/gemagic stones

store bought stuff:

low cal sour gummy worms
PG Tips tea
old Nintendo DSi games - the old lady kind like language, mystery, cooking, dating Tongue no sports or platform!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Tutorial - Reconnecting Footage
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Tutorial
What Is White Balance?
What Does THX Mean?
How to Make a Video
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...