A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Pinterest Swap January 2012!  (Read 6761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saintcady
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012 11:35:55 AM »

Hello! My name is Cady and I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband and our 3-year-old (almost 4 - yikes!) son Max. I'm a full time student and stay at home mom.

I love purple, dragons, geeky stuff, and earrings. You will notice a complete absence of clothing for me - let's keep it that way. Max loves trains and animals the best.

Please, nothing scented, and try to keep projects away from smoke and furry pets.

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/saintcady/

The board Swap potential (http://pinterest.com/saintcady/swap-potential) is probably the most direct board, but feel free to just take inspiration from some of the others (like the Quotes & Signs board, or Geek Joy, or Kid Stuff). I do have a board of craft supplies I covet as well (http://pinterest.com/saintcady/craft-supplies/). Probably steer away from the Projects I've Done board. Items I've already received or that I'm expecting from someone else are noted in the comments. I'm happy to answer any questions! Thank you in advance! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012 10:08:07 PM »

Hello!

I'm Linsey and I live in California, not too far away from L.A. (but not too close either Wink ). I'm 25, a PhD student in English, and I teach high school kids as well. No pets for me Sad but I do love pets of all kinds, especially BEAGLES!! My favorite craft is jewelry and I also sew, embroider, cross-stitch, paper craft, paint some, build stuff from other stuff (like clocks), and do a little polymer clay work. There are also a million more crafts on my "To Learn" list...

I would LOVE anything either decorative or useful...there's not much I would turn down except poppets/dotees/scary dolls/clowns. Things to help me stay organized both with my job/school and craft hoard stash would be wonderful, and I'm also in love with handmade art (any media, love mixed-media), amigurumi, anything Harry Potter-related, steampunk, teeny tiny things, etc etc. My style is very vintage/antique/nostalgic, so if it's old or it looks old, I'll probably love it.

http://pinterest.com/hgddm/

Boards to craft from: Dia De Los Muertos, Wish I Could Knit and Crochet, TV and Movies, Wish List, Harry Potter, World of Warcrafts, Upcycle Recycle

Boards for inspiration (and if you want to craft from these, by all means go for it!!): Inspiration, No Place Like Home, Awesome Antiques, Webcomics I Love, Knotty Nautical, Steampunk Rock, Victoriana, Bijou, Southwestern Style, Colors I Love, I Dream of Fabric

No allergies here. Please, no supplies either. I've joined the De-stashalong this year to try and minimize my hoard!

Thanks!!
Linsey
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012 09:27:32 PM by hgddm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012 09:28:14 AM »

Hey guys, I am Lindy and I live in Arizona with my boyfriend, two kids, dogs and cats.  We just bought our first home in June and I have been having all kinds of fun decorating!

My honey doesn't "get" crafted items so don't worry about him  Wink  My kids are Adia (11) and Landon (7 on the 19th) who have their own board and would love anything from it. http://pinterest.com/lindyv321/for-my-kidlets/
Since Landon's birthday is coming up I would love to be claimed for things I can give him.  I am pretty sure you will be able to tell what the "boy" stuff for him is!

I love just about all colors (except yellow and orange) but am finding myself really drawn to turquoise/aquamarine/teal type shades lately.  I would love to do my craft room in pink and teal or gray and yellow!  As for clothing I tend to wear A LOT of black and like to use bright accessories for a pop of color.  I love turtles, tattoos, skulls, Harry Potter, books, scarves, hats, hair clips, make-up, jewelry, and crafting.

All of my boards are up for grabs except the I made that one since well, I made that stuff!  please feel free to check out the ideas board as who knows if I will ever get around to actually making any of that awesome stuff!  I am also totally cool with supply packages.  I have a supply and fabric board.  Also I have a book board that has some crafty books I would enjoy!

http://pinterest.com/lindyv321/

Thanks for claiming me!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012 09:33:06 AM by lindyv321 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

moniqueramsey
I love to do personal swaps

I love to do personal swaps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012 12:47:40 PM »

Hi, My name is Monique, Im 29 and live in El Paso, TX with my husband who is currently in Afghanistan. I run my own craft business, even though I have a Master's in Math . I love purples, lime green, olive, black, grays, and blues (aquas, teals, peacock), but am in love with all the goth and steampunk color schemes. I do not like pastels, pinks, yellows, royal blue, or oranges (love copper though). I have 2 cats and am VERY allergic to smoke.

Here is my Pinterest link:

http://pinterest.com/moramsey/

Anything except from food, tutorials, personal care, & crafts I plant to make or have made boards are up for grabs! Thank yous in advance.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012 12:48:49 PM by moniqueramsey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.PersephoneRose. etsy.com
28 Swaps down, 2 to go
Quasior
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2012 04:32:07 AM »

Hi, my name is Julie and I'm from Tasmania - yes, it might take a little while for my items to arrive  Sad but I'll try to send early so that 's not an issue.  I have 5 children, and I am a uni student doing communications.  I love in the perfect place - we do sustainable gardening and I do crafting just for fun, but as I'm getting better at it... its just great! 

I would welcome anything fairy related, I'm attempting to create a fairy garden at the moment!  figurines, crystal hanging thingies, wind chimes, little doors and windows to make into little fairy houses most welcome.  My pinterest in really very new, I'll be adding to it as I go along.  I love whimsy, steampunk, fantastical things that look amazing and work, even if it just turns around or opens, zetti-style art, gothic, makes you think.  If you wanted to craft for my children (pm me), my daughters are 12 and 4, sons are 6, 8, 10.  The girls also love fae, oldest goth fantasy (as do I), boys love armies and supernatural creatures like Krakens and monsters.  I also very much love things that are not in scale ie things that are way small or way bigger than they would be...
I love all that with the exception of I don't like army-related items.
(My partner doesn't know what he could make but he creates scale models and aquatic sanctuaries/gardens - but he can make anything I want him to)

Favourite colours:
(Seem to go together)
purple/turquoise~sea green
yellow/purple/green
rainbow
red/yellow
forest green and rich brown
velvet dark blue

Allergies: smoke, lavendar, gluten, lactose, latex, heavy chemicals
and I am not sure about stash swaps, I'll consider if you PM me, if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!!

My pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/quasior/

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tapestrymlp

~Tapestry~

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012 11:25:48 PM »

Hi! I'm Jenn and I'm 34, a programmer, mom to two health-challenged kiddos, married to my high school sweetheart and a complete craft & swap addict. Books are my number one passion in life followed closely by Harry Potter. We live in the Dallas, Texas, area. I've spent the night loading up my Pinterest. Most of the things I've pinned are HP-related but there are a few other things as well. I'd love art supplies, artwork or anything pinned in my "Crafts I'd Like to Receive" board. In addition to that board the ones labeled "Art I Love" and "Craft and Art Supplies I Covet" are fair game. For my artwork board, I'm fine with art inspired by the pieces there instead of exact copies.

Allergy Info
My daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and Immune Deficiency so we can't accept crafts from anyone with a CFer in their household. Also, If someone in the household has been sick within the two weeks prior to when my swap item is to be sent I respectfully request that the sender wait until two weeks after everyone is well before sending the item out. I can't accept any crafts from smoking households or that have been exposed to smoke due to my daughter's lung issues. I know all this sounds scary, but seriously unless someone in your household smokes or currently has the flu it's okay! We've done a ton of swaps and never had an issue yet. Please don't be afraid to claim me Tongue

Thank you so, so much in advance for whomever claims me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/tapestrymlp/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
kwality570

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012 06:55:03 PM »

Hi.  I'm Leann.  I live in Michigan in the USA. 
I have a dog, no allergies, except nickel jewelery.

All boards are good to create from except Kwality Monsters.  Those are guys that I have made.

My pinterest: http://pinterest.com/leannavananna/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012 10:49:12 PM »

Hi Smiley I'm Melissa and I live in metro Atlanta, GA with my fiance and our chihuahua Rupert. I'm a graphic designer professionally and he's a techy nerd. We're both into beer (making and drinking), vintage cars, Thai food, recycling and good music. We're getting married this fall, hooray!

Things I love: anything vintage (jewelry, photos, cars, fabrics, owls, porcelain state plates, etc), handspun yarn, knee-length cotton skirts, cabled knitting, embroidery hooplas, things for my dog, wall art, slouchy knit/crochet hats, homemade soap, gardening (container only for now), windchimes, garden gnomes, totebags, cooking/baking, beer-related things (we love craft and dark beers), anything Martha Stewart!

Colors I love: teal / aqua, deep brown, mustard yellow, orange, red, charcoal gray, pink, green (lime, grass, avocado), deep purple.

Supplies I could use: always in need of jewelry supplies (glass beads, vintage charms, metal chains in all varieties -- a "bead soup" or "jar of whimsies" is always a welcome treat!), yarn ("odd ball" amounts are fine too), embroidery floss, wooden embroidery hoops, mason jars, fabric fat quarters, small brown buttons.

Things I dislike: "fun fur" yarn, country or patriotic items, religious themes, camoflauge, cigarette smoke, hunter green, burgundy, neon and pastel colors, anything '80s-looking.

Here is the Pinterest board I've made for inspiration: http://pinterest.com/marut/crafter-swaps-things-i-would-like-to-have/

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012 12:23:45 AM »

Hi, my name's Wendy.

I live in Australia and am a sole parent to 2 children aged 13 & 11.

I love many types of crafts and my current craft of choice is papercraft and altered art. I love Tim Holtz's style and am trying to build up a collection of his products.

I have 2 boards on my pinterest for this swap - Crafted Items Wish List and Craft Supplies Wish List. I am very happy with a supplies only package.

I love purple, magenta, fuchsia, aubergine, chocolate brown, gray, deep pink, dark red, leaf green & taupe. Not keen on blue, orange, yellow, mint or dark green, black.

I am passionate about natural fabrics and fiber, so would prefer not to receive items made with polyester, acrylic or vinyl.

My style is an eclectic blend of 1930-1950s florals, modern leaf prints and damask prints, and plain fabrics in neutral shades.

I am allergic to nickel, and sensitive to the smell of smoke and perfume.

My pinterest is: http://pinterest.com/WendyBurgess
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012 12:33:00 AM by Velvet Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012 08:21:38 PM »

hi... I'm Mindy and I live in SW Florida....I have been a Montessori teacher for about 15 years now. 95% of the time I LOVE what I do, the other 5% is usually ruined by the parents not the children. I am a single mom of 3, 2 kids.. (a son 16, a daughter 12) and a rescue mom to my wonderful ShiTzu "Tinkerbell" (who, mind you, came with her name). I'm a pretty mellow laid back individual, living life with the "Life is Good" motto!... the grass is never greener on the other side! I'm also a firm believer that COFFEE makes the world spin.....I'm a little, well maybe A LOT OCD, but it typically works out for the best.....I love exploring new crafts, and can usually figure out just about anything.... I'm not real good about following patterns, because I always want to make things a bit different so that its a one of a kind ..... whenever possible, I will always strive to.....REDUCE, REUSE and RECYCLE!!!

cat fur and I dont really get along, as long as your cat doesnt become best friends with what you are making for me and he doesnt slip into the box to be sent I should be fine..

My style/likes/wants/needs are pretty apparent on my pinterest boards, but feel free to ask any questions!!

boards that are for me to refer to would be...made by me....baby gift ideas..tutorials and ideas for others..... school ideas.... i need to do this.....wedding ideas for lou lou....

The rest of my boards are open for inspiration

my pinterest link: http://pinterest.com/onegroovyday/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
T.C. Boyle on Incorporating Environmentalism in Art
Looking Under the Surface of a Renoir Masterpiece
‘I Am 8-Bit’ Art Show Opening 2008
The Comics Run: Justice League Number 6
The Comics Run: New Green Arrow
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...