A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Pinterest Swap January 2012!  (Read 7013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 31, 2011 09:39:11 PM »

ORGANIZER NOTE: Please read carefully, there have been a few changes.

Swap name:Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Rlynn
Co-Organiser: DawnsTrees
Sign-up date range: Jan. 1 - Jan. 31, 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:

You must be cleared and have feedback on the November 2011 swap (unless your claim was international) in order to sign up for the January 2012 rendition.  

If you are late in the December 2011 swap, please do not sign up until you send.  You will not be accepted. If during the January 2012 swap, you become late on the December 2011 swap, I will put a hold on your pinterest link until you send.  This means I will highlight your name in red on the claims list and nobody will be allowed to claim you and you will not be allowed to claim anyone else until you send.  If you are not in the December 2011 swap then this doesn't apply to you.  Cheesy

Please plan your claims accordingly and above all else keep the organizers and your recipients informed on the status of your claims.  Thanks!  

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This Board is for lists only.  The discussion/gallery thread is located here.  Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401079.msg4713992#msg4713992

This is a pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your board.  

1 - This swap is NOT chain style.  You may choose from anyone's list once they are posted.

2 - This swap is for either one medium or three small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

3 - Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  Your post should look like this:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

4 - If the person you want to claim is okay with crafty supply claims, you may send supplies.  HOWEVER, they must be the particular supply the person has pinned.  You are not allowed to claim someone for random fabric just because they happen to have some fabric pinned.  If you have something that you think the person would love but they don't have it pinned, please PM that person BEFORE claiming to make sure it is something they would like to have.  

5 - Remember, the more items and bigger variety of items you have on your Pinterest; the more likely it is for you to be chosen.  

6 - You may have up to 2 claims outstanding at a time unless you are FOC, then you may have up to 3 outstanding claims at a time.

7 - If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

8 - When you wish to choose someone, please send a PM to the BOTH Organizers and the Receiver.  At that point, please request the address from the receiver.

9 - Everyone must make at least ONE claim per month.

10 - Required: good communication; all PMs should go to BOTH organizers: PM to choose someone; PM the DC# or receipt; PM when you receive as well as posting a 'Thank You' in the gallery (even if you can't take photos).  Please put "Pinterest Swap" in the subject line of all PMs.  At the minimum, please tell us if it is a send or receive, the senders username, receivers username and the item.  Otherwise we may be a tad crazy trying to figure it out.

11 - It is your responsibility to make notes in your bio/link post as well as on pinterest about color/size/material preferences, when an item has been received if you do not desire duplicates, and any other preferences.  Communication is key for happy swappers.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO BOTH ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012 02:12:17 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011 09:40:14 PM »

Participants:
The number in front of the username is how many times that swapper has been claimed
The numbers after indicate total claims swapper has made, number in transit, number received
* it might be nice to show these people some crafty love, they've claimed more than they've been claimed

*(2)rlynn 4/1/3
(3)DawnsTrees 1/0/1
(3)Homerof2 3/0/3 - ready for feedback
*(3)craftaddiction 4/0/4 - ready for feedback
(2)cinnamon teal 1/0/1 - ready for feedback
*(2)zzdia 3/0/3 - ready for feedback
(3)mezcraft 3/0/3 - ready for feedback
(1)loudxmouse 1/0/1 - ready for feedback
(4)SaintCady 4/0/4 - ready for feedback
(3)hgddm 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
*(3)lindyv321 4/0/4 - ready for feedback
*(1)moniqueramsey 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(3)Quasior 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(2)tapestrymlp 1/0/1 - ready for feedback
(3)kwality570 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(2)Ma Rut 2/0/2- ready for feedback
(2)Velvet Rose 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
(3)onegroovyday 3/0/3 - ready for feedback
(2)MareMare 2/0/2 - ready for feedback
*(1)leighi123 2/2/0
(1)babalina58 1/0/1 - ready for feedback

blue = sent
green = received
yellow = late with communication
red = late, please contact organizers

CLAIMS:
Due by Jan 16
loudxmouse --> SaintCady for a leaf necklace

Due by Jan 17
craftaddiction --> rlynn for a rainbow scarf

lindyv321 --> cinnamon teal for fabric covered thumbtacks, a small dandelion hoopla, and note cards
Homerof2 --> hgddm for a wide flower headband
hgddm --> cinnamon teal for mushroom themed shadow box
hgddm --> craftaddiction for light switch plates

Due by Jan 18
rlynn --> moniqueramsey for a project bag and a little zippie monster pouch
mezcraft --> DawnsTrees for the BookShelf pendant
mezcraft --> Homerof2 for a quilled letter or monogram
moniqueramsey --> DawnsTrees for a fabric cuff
zzdia --> mezcraft for a shirt for the hubby
craftaddiction --> hgddm for a nyan cat scarf
moniqueramsey --> rlynn for a fabric cuff

Due by Jan 19
Quasior --> zzdia for a Sherlock Holmes necklace

Due by Jan 20
cinnamon teal --> lindyv321 for bird plaques inspired by ones on pinterest
tapestrymlp --> loudxmouse for some monster bookmarks and a felt pin

Due by Jan 21
zzdia --> hgddm for a queen anne's lace scarf

Due by Jan 23
SaintCady --> tapestrymlp for a Harry Potter scarf and toy broom for her little guy
DawnsTrees --> Quasior for some fairy whimsies that she can use in a fairy garden
Ma Rut --> kwality570 for two felt heart brooches and an embroidered hooplah
Lindyv321 --> Ma Rut for the pennant hoopla on her pinterest and a jar of whimsies

Due by Jan 24
kwality570 --> craftaddiction for a car trash holder and a phone neck holder

Due by Jan 25
Velvet Rose --> Saintcady for wool roving

Due by Jan 27
Saintcady --> onegroovyday for a pair of crochet mittens

Due by Jan 28
Homerof2 --> Velvet Rose for Face Scrubbers and Washcloths
Quasior --> Homerof2 for letters

Due by Jan 30
rlynn --> mezcraft for a steampunk necklace and a few hairbows
onegroovyday --> mezcraft for a hoopla
mezcraft --> MareMare for an "Alice" inspired Hoopla
onegroovyday --> Saintcady for a set of unpaper towels
MareMare --> kwality570 for a bee wall hanging
MareMare --> lindyv321 for hanging hand towels
lindyv321 --> Quasior for the felt heart book marks, and two more surprises

Due by Feb 1
Saintcady --> onegroovyday for crocheted bowls

Due by Feb 2
craftaddiction --> Ma Rut for a cable scarf

Due by Feb 4
Homerof2 --> leighi123 for apple cozies

Due by Feb 8
babalina58 --> kwality570 for monsters wall art

Due by Feb 9
kwality570 --> babalina58 for a crocodile stitch scarfette
onegroovyday --> saintcady for an appliqued sweatshirt for her son
rlynn --> zzdia for beads, yarn, and freezer paper
Saintcady --> lindyv321 for star wars amis

Due by Feb 10
Ma Rut --> craftaddiction for t-shirt yarn and cupcake-making supplies

Due by Feb 11
Velvet Rose --> Quasior for pinterest inspired wall art

Due by Feb 13
craftaddiction --> MareMare for a crocodile stitch neckwarmer

Due by Feb 14
zzdia --> Velvet Rose for some crocheted coasters
lindyv321 --> homerof2 for a hoopla from her pinterest
leighi123 --> tapestrymlp for a hoopla
leighi123 --> DawnsTrees for an ear bud case and a tshirt scarf

rlynn --> onegroovyday for a birdie hoopla and a button flower hoopla
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012 10:37:02 PM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011 10:02:36 PM »

My name is Robin.  I live in Portland, OR (U.S.) and I am a full time PhD student.  I am also the mother of preschooler extraordinaire, Aria Jae.   I love handmade and I love surrounding my child with handmade. 

If you decide to craft for me: my favorite colors are blue and green.  I love earthy and jewel tones.   I wear a lot of black and sometimes a bit of grey and every once in a while something red, but mostly I wear black.  I like the look of steampunk and Gibbous jewelry and clothing.  I just started teaching a college course this term and would love some great jewelry to dress up my work outfits.

If you decide to craft for Aria: her favorite colors are blue and green as well.  She loves pirates, robots, monsters, rainbows, elephants. and dinosaurs.  She also loves the care bears (80s style, before CGI got to them), the 70s animated TV show Godzilla, Ponyo, Batman, Spiderman, the Hulk (as in the green guy), and lately Dinosaur Train. We dont really do princess stuff around here but we do like fairies, sprites, and gnomes.  Her newest thing is anatomy.  Seriously.  She loves learning about the body.  I have loads of things I would love for her pinned on my pinterest, including clothing, toys, and accessories.  If you craft from her party board...I'll give you the biggest cyber hug EVER!  Cheesy

With the exception of the board titled, "stuff I should make and gift," all other boards are free game.  Exact replicas are not necessary so please feel free to get creative and have fun... 

I am totally fine with a supply claim.  Good boards to look if you want to send me supplies...the boards titled "fabric love," "supply love," "pattern love," and "craft books."  I always love fabric, but please PM me before sending fabric not pinned on my fabric love board.  Fun colored buttons in various sizes and of various materials but mostly of the round variety are always welcome...

http://pinterest.com/rlynn/

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011 10:25:55 PM »

Hi! My name is Tina and I live in Vancouver Washington with my husband and two wonderful daughters (16 and 20. Now, really, when did that happen?). I am in a PhD program that is stressing me out, so both playing on Pinterest and crafting are welcome distractions!

I like fall colors, turquoise, dark rust, green, forest colors... but I also like bright rainbow colors. Okay, I guess that I pretty much like all colors, but am less excited by Easter pastels and neons, although they have their place. I generally do not like camouflage patterns. 

My style leans towards bohemian / gypsy / hippie / natural. I am absolutely fine with you upcycling and using recycled materials in your crafts for me. I would prefer that the materials that are used do not come from animals (no real fur, and only recycled leather, please).

I am a plus-sized woman, so if you are thinking of anything that needs a size (even things like bracelets, short necklaces, etc) please pm me. In fact, if you have any questions about my list or likes, feel free to pm me! 

All of my boards are fair game for inspiration, except for "Wedding Photography Research" (my daughter had been hired to do a wedding photo shoot and we were collaborating on ideas). I don't need exact duplicates, so please feel free to use your wonderful creativity!

I am also fine with a supply claim - I have a "craft supplies that I want" board, as well as a "craft books" board that are fair game.

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
craftaddiction
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012 09:37:03 AM »

Hi everyone. I live in a sleepy little town in Iowa. It is very cold here, so I don't get out much (plus, there is no where to go). I spend most of my time crafting. I knit, crochet and carve stamps. I love sewn items, but can't sew. I live with my boyfriend (of 7 years) and our small dog (Sissy, who is afraid of everything). My favorite color is pink. I also love bright colors and pastels. I am not a big fan of dark colors and earth tones. I love "cutesie" patterns, like hearts, flowers, butterflies, cupcakes, ect. I also like paisley. My tastes are similar to a 6 year old girl's  Smiley I don't have any allergies.

All my boards are fair game except "Christmas Gifts" and "Things I've Made". My pins are just for inspiration. It doesn't have to be the exact item. Something loosely biased on it is great. For example, you might want to craft something that does the same function as a pin I have, but make it entirely different way. That's great.

I have no problems with supplies claims. It is very hard to get supplies here. Those can be loosely biased too (ie a different but similar type of yarn).

Here is my link:
http://pinterest.com/craftaddiction/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012 11:30:35 AM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
cinnamon teal
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012 11:57:29 AM »

I live in east Tennessee (USA).  I'm 30 and I'm married to a sweet, wonderful computer geek.  We don't have any kids yet, but we have an exuberantly friendly golden retriever and one fish.  I enjoy cooking, gardening and hiking.

I like nature themed things (trees, fish, insects, birds, etc.), especially jewelry and art. My favorite colors are blues and greens. My style is a little bit preppy, a little bit Audrey Hepburn and a little bit hippy.

My main crafts are knitting and drawing/art but I also dabble in lots of different things. I love to receive sewn items, handspun yarn, and homemade soap. I would also love to receive some art for my very bare walls.

No major allergies, but because of my eczema, I avoid things with harsh dyes or detergents and I prefer natural fibers.

I have 3 boards that are off limits: "gift ideas / projects (for me to make)" and "diy inspiration (for me to make)" and of course "things I have made". The rest of the boards are fair game. You will probably find the most inspiration in the board titled "crafted things I'm coveting (swap wishlist)". Please feel free to use the pins as inspiration and make something that's not an exact copy. Please pm me if you want to make a supply claim, as I'm trying to whittle down my stash.

http://pinterest.com/cinnamonteal/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012 10:03:00 AM by cinnamon teal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012 05:55:05 PM »

I'm Aida and I'm from the Philippines. I'm an engineering graduate. I love geeky things, musicals, books. I also appreciate humor tending to the nerdy programming side because of my course. My favorite colors are the from the pure shades to darker shades of greens and blues and mixes of those two colors.

All my boards are fair game for crafting or inspiration, except for the stuff I've made, received from swaps ones (but they do show a lot about me), keep in mind (just stuff I want to keep track of) and places I want to go to and cute/funny board (just there for the fun). You don't have to craft exact copies of my pins, inspired by them is fine. You can mix and match as you want from my pins. I'm still adding more pins, slowly but surely!

And I'd love supplies, if you want to make a supply claim. I would absolutely love you if you send me stuff to make leather cuffs like snaps, mini buckles, and leather. I've been totally fixating on them lately.

pinterest link
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012 11:45:44 PM by zzdia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012 09:46:43 PM »

Hello! I am Meghan, 25, from Seattle, WA. I have a lovely (super-nerdy) husband of four months. We live in a teeny-tiny apartment where we spend our time watching netflix, playing video games, cooking and of course crafting! I am pretty nerdy myself, but I am happy to get stuff for Mr Mouse as well.
I knit (A LOT), spin, sew (moderately), poly clay, make jewelry, draw, book bind, and other stuff. Mr Mouse paints WH40k miniatures and can always use little brushes and files.

All my boards are fair game except the food ones really. I would LOVE to receive art and usable items the most (less knick knacks). I love leggings, tee shirts, housewares, kitchen stuff, geekery, and supplies. I am a FOC and there are some more specific pet-peeves and deep loves listed in my profile.

PM me with any questions or helpful advice as this is my 1st time in this swap.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012 09:51:44 PM by loudxmouse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts spring Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too!
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012 05:36:37 AM »

I'm Cindy and I live in Alberta, Canada.  I've been married for 26 years and we have 2 sons, ages 20 and 22.  I work part-time at a doctor's office.  On my days off I like to crochet, quilt and cross stitch.  I think you can figure out my style from my Pinterest boards.  I like bright colors (but can't stand mint green and baby blue) and I also like dark green, dark blue and dark purple.  If you're unsure about something PM me and I'll gladly answer your questions.

Please do not pick from my food related boards, Things I've Made or Letters of the Alphabet (that's just there for my fun) but all the rest are fine.  I don't need exact replicas of what I show so feel free to use them as inspiration.

Here's the link:  Pinterest

As far as supplies go, I have a board for Fabric and I'm pretty particular about it so please PM me if you have some similar and I'll let you know if it's close enough (don't mean to sound snotty here but I know what I like and want)   Grin

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012 06:13:40 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mezcraft
IIIIIII made it myself!!!

I'm a maker. I make stuff.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012 06:28:28 AM »

Hello all!

I'm Michelle and I live in Ontario, Canada.  I am 30, married to a geeky bookworm, with a Scotty Dog and a grey cat. I am a Propmaker for the theatre and I love to try out new techniques. I like to embroider, sew, sculpt, paint and get a little messy. I love most colours, except for pastels,and grey, brown, and orange recently seem to be something I gravitate towards.

I don't mind if you make things for my hubby either - he has his own section "Things my hubby thinks are cool", make anything to do with Polar bears for him and he will scream like a giddy 6 year old girl (seriously).

Here's what I would love: An embroidered something that will end up on a wall using any image from my pinterest whether it's embroidered or not,  Wall Art,  Hair accessories, Pillows, Useful/ Practical objects?, Bags, Ukulele anything,  Paper Cutting or Quilled stuff, Also Steampunkified things are cool.

Here's what I wouldn't love as much: Not so much into the knick-knacks, don't bother with clothes cause I have a weirdo body and no matter how much you wanna craft me a snake, they are totally off limits. Also my DIY board is stuff I would like to do... but if you really wanna do something from it, lemme know..  

I welcome your creative reinterpretation of things from my pinterest as well, have fun, try something new, or don't and just do what you know you love to do and use my pinterest as a springboard for your imagination! PM me if you are not sure, but I betcha if you love it, I will too!

Here is my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/mezcraft/
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012 06:29:12 AM by mezcraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Mosaic
How to Make a Native American Flute
How to Make a Mandala
How to Make a Magazine Holder Out of a Cereal Box
How to Make a Hot Air Balloon Centerpiece
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...