A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret 15 Gallery  (Read 10198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012 09:01:18 PM »

These are all so amazing - but some that really resonated with me:

University Balance - I was always told college would be sooo great, it wasn't.  I went to a "good" school and I am a "smart" girl, but keeping my S#*t together while in school was unbelievably hard.

The sun:  I thought I was one of the few people who hate sunny days.  Everyone is always like "it's so nice out! Let's go be in the SUN!"  I burn in like 3.2 seconds I have to wear SPF 50 everyday, please let me stay inside!

Quilting is my therapy:  X-stich is mine, and I would so love to have myown shop!

I can't look at pictures:  I think I feel much the same way, I have all these memories and pictures of me and my "friends" but where are they now?  How could we be so close and then just lose each other?

Netflix: I could have written this exact secret - so know that there is community in being a crafter and a movie lover Smiley  I<3 my craft stuff more than I do most people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012 11:03:58 AM »

These cards/secrets are great. 

I can't look at pictures: I'm the same way.  I hate looking at my high school pictures and oddly enough I have a lot of them so something must have been good.  I believe that people flow in and out each others lives for a reason.  Sometimes those people stay and sometimes they wander but those times are some of the best loved moments of my life. I don't look at them because I miss the fun but cherish the memories.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012 01:55:00 PM »

Sorry for the glare.

Ill die before Im 30 and the memory of this day will disappear-Forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012 01:56:01 PM »

I want to join the army and run away!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012 01:56:53 PM »

I wish I was13 again, so I could be her BFF!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012 01:57:34 PM »

Why do all video games have spiders as enemies?

Im a arachnophobia video game nerd. When will publishers stop using these as enemies? It makes my skin crawl. And no, it is not satisfying to beat them up. I can barely look at the screen with a SPIDER!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012 08:36:42 PM »

God:  Secret sender, let your sister find her own way in faith.  Faith/religion means a lot to a lot of people, but they must find their way to it on their own.  Guiding can sometimes feel like pushing people into a faith that they do not want.

Pictures:  I caught myself browsing through my friends from high school's facebook pictures, and I just realized that I'm always on the outside looking in.  It's sad, but older pictures do make me annoyed with the fact that I never ever took pictures in high school.  (I was too much of a self-worried geek to ever think that remembering high school was a good thing.)  Short version - it will hurt less to look at older pictures in time, but you'd always have the memories of the emotional intimacy you had.

Netflix:  I love the little heart stamps that you used in the background.  Very beautiful.  I was the same way, except my obsession was with carving stamps and paper crafts.  (And older movies.)  Love will come to you secret sender, you just have to put yourself out there.  (I met my fiancee online, believe it or not.)

Quilting:  Knitting/carving stamps is my therapy.  I refuse to let myself go without knitting for a little while.  I'm sure this resonated with a lot of people online on craftster!

Cow Costume:  I'm an amateur drag king, and I find that my personality on stage is completely different than anything else.  I'm a lot more confident, and I feel a lot more sexy that way.  It's a combination of doing something you love, the adrenaline rush of being onstage, and flaunting your costume.  (I also cosplay, mostly male characters...now that I pay attention!)

BFF:  I've lost a ton of best friends over the years.  I think people are meant to grow and change with the times, but I also think that some friends are always eternal.  I still talk to my bff from grade six, but we have changed so much over the years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal Swapping...activated!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
IridescentDoll
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012 10:35:25 PM »

I was looking through the secrets and noticed a few shared my very own secrets.

Especially about the mother. I am 30 years old and have had to move back home. My mother and I are good friends but she also makes me feel like i'm 5 years old. I find myself asking for permission to do things, and if she displeased I wont do it. I can't talk to her about personal problems like with men, because all she ever tells me is that men are bad and only want to hurt you. She always thinks if I'm hanging out with a guy I'm having sex with them, it's gotten to the point where I am ashamed of myself for just hanging out with one. I'm an adult and I shouldn't feel ashamed of anything I do. She makes me feel guilty about every choice I make, and always tries to tell me whats best for me. I am so scared to get close to a man because of her, because she always starts with how I'm going to leave her alone. I feel so guilty, so I close myself off to love and tell everyone that it's my choice that I don't believe in it. When all I want is to feel it, I want to kiss and hold hands, I want to have a big wedding, I want children. I want to have him tell me he loves me and I tell him the same thing and too mean it. Wow sorry kinda just kept going there lol..

Cow Costume. I know exactly how you feel. I can put on the sexiest piece of clothing and look exactly like every other girl in the room and yet somehow still feel like i'm the ugliest. I get passed over by everyone it takes something like a cow costume for people to pay attention to me. Then they just say that's Tina she's crazy.

God.. I am not secure in my belief of God to say whether or not he exists, and I've lost a lot of peoples respect because of it. Religion is not something you can just throw yourself into, the best way to help her is to love her for what she decides is for her. Support and love is the greatest gift you can give. Ask questions, answer her questions logically not religiously. Let her explain how she feels and what she's lacking. Then you can help her fill in to the blanks, and maybe in the end she will find what she's missing or become close enough.

Army. Being from a military family joining the Army is in no way running away. You are running to a controlled life. It's not something you should take lightly. The Army is a huge decision that can make or break you. Discuss, Discuss, Discuss, and when you think you've Discussed enough Discuss again. Have a clear head free of emotions and stress because you are basically signing your life away. My brother just joined one day never discussing it with us and he loves and hates it. He just got back from overseas and suffers from PTSD. He cries and hurts, and it makes me sad to see him like this. I love him more then words could ever say and I'm so proud of everything he has fought for, but I fear that he feels he let us down and more so let himself down. I know so many young boys who have died, and it hurts my heart. I hope that if this dream or wish becomes reality that you think it through. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want a man who will dance with me like Harry danced with Hermione and love me like Snape loved Lily <3

Most girls are waiting for their Prince Charming. I'm waiting for my Time Lord <3
ifallthraindrops
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012 08:23:54 AM »

@ Video game spiders: I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU ON THAT. I played through an Indiana Jones PC game a few months ago and you could hear the little skittery noises before you could see them... It was horrifying. So yeah.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malbert
The Mad Seamstress

My shoulder hurts from sewing... but I cant stop!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012 01:58:12 PM »

Here are the two secrets I have received so far...

front:

"We don't live together, we're poor, and unemployed and the future is shakey at best... but after three years, I want to get married."

and

front:

"I try to practice kindness and compassion when I travel... I think thats often when we need it the most."

back:

"I wish that everyone would try it."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafts make us feel rooted, give us a sense of belonging and connect us with our history.  Our ancestors used to create these crafts out of necessity, and now we do them for fun... to express ourselves.
 ~ Phyllis George

So why buy what you can craft?  Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Bag Puppet of Yourself
How to Make Goobeldy Goo
How to Make a Paper Airplane
How to Make a Simple Paper Kite
How to Build Bridges with Popsicle Sticks
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...