A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 191599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1600 on: December 11, 2012 05:15:33 PM »

I had to give in and buy some fabric today, this takes my grand total of money spent on crafting this year 11.65  Shocked that's around $18.74 for the Americans,

Wow, that is impressive. I keep (nearly) every receipt when I buy supplies and I have just around $200 for the year so far.

Granted working in a craft/sewing shop does tempt one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1601 on: December 11, 2012 07:15:56 PM »

You guys make me proud at how thrifty and creative you are...and how you really do use your stash!

I am going to track on this thread next year...it will keep me accountable...the internet just makes it too easy to order stuff...I will say that I have not used my credit cards at all for buying crafting supplies...I have paypal take it out of my checking...so that is good...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1602 on: December 15, 2012 01:35:18 AM »

I know I've been sort of absent on this thread for a long time , but I have been watching it, quietly. I have been destashing quite strongly this Christmas crafting time.

Here are a few of my pressie projects:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417926.msg4945772#msg4945772
All from stashed scraps of paper & card and a bit of embroidery thread.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417925.msg4945759#msg4945759
I didn't have enough of either yarn to make a full scarf for my mother in law, but they combined nicely.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=416420.msg4924101#msg4924101

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=415245.msg4909505#msg4909505
I don't think I posted this here before, but if I have, please forgive me.

I also knitted up these wrist warmers from some scrap wool

And raided my stash of scrapped library books and plain(ish) paper for some literary gifts for my mum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1603 on: December 15, 2012 05:07:24 AM »

Antidigger, you have been busy! I'm a tad jealous, look at you making cool paper crafts and all the varied yarny goodness, too.  Cheesy
And in the last picture, are those paper roses out of book pages? I'd love to give that a try myself. Lucky people, on your gift list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #1604 on: December 15, 2012 08:18:03 AM »

146.   Gaptastic cowl December

147.   Podster gloves December

148.   Purple rib scarf December

150.   Slouch beanie December

151.   Scarf December

152.   Snowflakes (16) December
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #1605 on: December 15, 2012 12:37:59 PM »

Yup, rolled paper roses from book pages. I went to the library and asked if they had any books they were going to throw out that I might have. Oh gosh, I now have a pile almost bigger than my books for reading!

I never realised that some people could be so hard on books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1606 on: December 19, 2012 09:03:46 AM »

No pics yet but I stitched up all the socks in my stash so the house is littered with disembodied sock monkey limbs and bits, lol. Got a whole mountain of wool sweaters felted and some creatures started. I sold or gave away a bunch of finished baby stuff left over from last year's xmas craft show, taggy blankets and blocks, and put all the tissue cosies and taggies I had left in a friend's store on consignment. A few other busts too, finally transformed that random hot pink lace fabric into kid dresses for the tickle trunk. Lots left to do though... tons Tongue.
Oh, and I sent off a box of supplies to another Craftsterer, ha ha ha. Don't worry Always, this time is wasn't you Wink. Best way to destash, that. I love the random weird box of doodad hand-off, ha ha.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012 09:05:24 AM by craftylittlemonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1607 on: December 19, 2012 09:40:48 AM »

haha not even funny! Cheesy  I am also sending off supplies to destash...I decided that the last few years, I have been crafting all over the place...I loved trying new things and just had to find what I really love to do...

Destashing next year will be shopping from what I have with very limited buying...I decided I would rather use the money to do more charitable things or help another craftster member! Cheesy  Or more prizes for the 50 project craftalong!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #1608 on: December 22, 2012 11:10:32 AM »

gaudiknight, i want that doll's sweater for myself. Smiley

What a beautiful reticule, Anti. Love the knitted button cover. I've never thought of doing that.

that1girl, i love the snowflakes and your argyle cozy.

I've been doing some destashing, but i've also had to buy yarn for commissions and presents, and i can hardly keep any of it straight.

And i just realized i haven't posted anything here in 2 months... but i have posted some projects on Craftster. So, allow me to link you to them.

Sounders scarf for my brother... i started it on his birthday last year. Finished it on his birthday this year. So, the yarn was in my stash for a whole year... so... i'm counting it. Cheesy

Sounders mitts from the leftover scarf yarn.

Sonic screwdriver-inspired coffee sleeves.

Baby mitts for my nephew.

1-month birthday baby bomber hat. (For his 2-month, i made a red and white elf hat, but that wasn't stash.)

I don't know if i posted the first one on here, but i was comissioned by some girl on tumblr to make another Washington State coffee sleeve.

One of my favorites, a rainbow cowl. At first, i wasn't sure how i felt about putting that peach stripe in with the oranges... but i think it all works.

Green Bay Packers hat. My mom's family is from Wisconsin, so i'm kind of into the Packers. Smiley

This hat was inspired by Robin Hood by Grace Akhrem.
I used leftover yarn from a shawlette/scarf i made this summer...

This one! Seven and Zero by Caitlin Ffrench.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
J_Kieviet

« Reply #1609 on: December 23, 2012 11:34:04 PM »

Next year I plan to use a lot more stash, working at fabricland the last 6 months has tempted my to buy lots of fabric, I will buy 2-3 pieces for next Christmas - some black/silver organza, some copper taffeta, and some black satin.  My brother's family is doing a black and silver tree next year, and we'll be doing copper.  The goal will be to use ALL of my scrapbooking paper up next year, and ALL of my fabric up, and ALL craft kits that are in cupboards/boxes/bags must be completed before I buy more.

Some projects that should use some up quickly - aprons, placemats, wall-hangings, stockings, gift bags/shopping bags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Panoramic Scene - Photoshop
How to Blend to objects Together - Photoshop
How to Create a Portrait Glow Effect - Photoshop
How to Add a Border in Photoshop CS3
How to Create Metal Text in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...