A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 306,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 158
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 280759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1150 on: April 29, 2012 02:29:18 PM »

Do playing cards count?

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/167585_29Apr12_walls2.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
gaudiknight
« Reply #1151 on: April 30, 2012 07:17:59 PM »

Sorry to be so scarce these last few weeks.  It's been a busy month, but some progress was made in the DeStashing effort.

Exhibit 1: another ConKerr pillowcase

Exhibit 2: uselessly short scarf

Also created a small scrapbook for a mother's day present for my grandma, but the pictures of pictures might be a bit boring, so I'll leave that to your imagination.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1152 on: April 30, 2012 07:19:44 PM »

May Themes

prevailing purple by paloetic, on Flickr

Color: Purple
Pattern: Numbers and letters.
For: Teachers, educators, etc. Maybe they're your kids', maybe they're yours. But they deserve some love.
Challenge: Mass produce something. It doesn't matter what it is, just make a lot of it. If nothing else, they make good gifts on hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1153 on: May 01, 2012 04:02:19 AM »

Sorry to be so scarce these last few weeks.  It's been a busy month, but some progress was made in the DeStashing effort.

Exhibit 1: another ConKerr pillowcase

Exhibit 2: uselessly short scarf

Also created a small scrapbook for a mother's day present for my grandma, but the pictures of pictures might be a bit boring, so I'll leave that to your imagination.

I prefer a shorter scarf if I wear one at all. Besides, it has beautiful color changes, and looks soft and fuzzy. It's great.

What is that cool fabric for the pillow case? They look like Lorax trees.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012 08:48:49 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: remove images from quotes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1154 on: May 01, 2012 10:30:04 AM »

Thanks!  The fabric is actually a bunch of really colorful elephants.  I've had it for years and love it to death, but finally came to the conclusion I had no idea what I was saving it for.  There's still a quarter yard left for me to use when I find the perfect project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1155 on: May 01, 2012 11:26:51 AM »

Thanks!  The fabric is actually a bunch of really colorful elephants.  I've had it for years and love it to death, but finally came to the conclusion I had no idea what I was saving it for.  There's still a quarter yard left for me to use when I find the perfect project.

Oh my gosh, I could not see them until you pointed that out.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1156 on: May 01, 2012 11:32:49 AM »

I started a rag rug today to use up some of my fabric oddments  Smiley I'm aiming to use all of my pale blue floral scraps to make a rug for our bedroom. I did have to buy the hessian for the base but it was only a couple of quid so I don't mind  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
CraftyOldLady
« Reply #1157 on: May 01, 2012 12:51:26 PM »

Here is some Before's and After's of the new floor my son and I installed (which I blogged about EXTENSIVELY!)

Breakfast Room Before

Breakfast Room After

Living Room Before

Living Room After

The whole house is about 1750 sq. ft. of living space and I could only work on it a few days at a time. I did the measuring and laying and son did the cutting (the Dremel tool is your friend!!!)

We are now working on putting in new trim and then will paint - I know some will say that is backwards (painting AFTER a new floor) but momma had the flooring first before she got the paint Smiley Besides, all the rooms she painted first before we took out the icky carpet - got totally messed up and will have to repaint the bottom half anyway... so this works out much better.

Once I know my recipient has received her granny squares from the swap, I will post pics Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1158 on: May 01, 2012 01:38:47 PM »

Nice work COL  Smiley

This is the start of my rug. It's about an 8" square in the middle of a 3' x 5' piece of hessian  Cheesy gimme time, I'll get there. The most time consuming job is cutting the strips of fabric. It would be much easier if I was using cotton or poly/cotton as I could tear the long strips and then just cut them into 3" pieces but this is a polyester knit so I have to cut it. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers as the saying goes and as the fabric was free I won't complain  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
CraftyOldLady
« Reply #1159 on: May 01, 2012 01:55:23 PM »

It would be much easier if I was using cotton or poly/cotton as I could tear the long strips and then just cut them into 3" pieces but this is a polyester knit so I have to cut it.

Look at it as if you have to use scissors to cut it - then you KNOW your handmade rug will last through quite a bit! I am anxious to see it finished!!!

(hah - as I am sure you are anxious to see it finished too!!!)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012 01:58:00 PM by CraftyOldLady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 158 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...