A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 198743 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaudiknight
« Reply #1060 on: April 02, 2012 06:36:35 AM »

wild yellow by paloetic ... taking a break, on Flickr

April Themes

Color: Yellow
Pattern: Floral
For: The garden or great outdoors.
Challenge: Spring Cleaning time. We've all got things in our stash that we've been meaning to use eventually, if only we could figure out what to do with that sweater's worth of hot pink and purple yarn we've been saving since 1987 and have long since lost the pattern. Nothing says you have to keep it forever. You can take those oddities to the Goodwill, give them to a friend, or a local crafting group.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1061 on: April 02, 2012 07:00:19 AM »

Cute flipflops Milady, just in time for the weather to go all wintery again   Roll Eyes Apparently we've got snow warnings for the coming week - if they'd told me that yesterday as I was sat out in a deckchair I would have sworn it was an April Fools prank  Shocked
Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations, I hope the next month sees an improvement for you and for your Grandma.

So yeh, temps are back down into single figures in my home town today and what do I make out of the stash pile? That's right, a summer top. It's based on one a friend gave me last summer, I like the shape and its a good length for larger ladies  Wink
I just need to hem it and add neck & arm binding then wait for the weather to change again  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012 08:53:23 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Antidigger
« Reply #1062 on: April 02, 2012 09:03:23 AM »

I love that tiny weeny hat, splendid.

I've spent last week with a big round-to-it Grin. I've been working my way througha massive pile of mending. I'm going to call it stash prevention Cheesy. If I hadn't mended stuff then it would have moved from the almost wearable heap into stash. That's how I acquire the vast majority of my fabric stash, and for that matter some of the yarn stash! In fact, I'm down to 2 things on my sewing list and one of those should be done from scratch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1063 on: April 02, 2012 09:21:26 AM »

aprettymess its just the name of the scarf,lol
hahahhaa  Embarrassed thanks for the clarification  Tongue i thought it was a fancy knitting term haha

clm i looove that tut for tshirt yarns... thanks for sharing. and thanks for giving me something else to save  Tongue
plaidpineapple i love the colors of your mug rug! so pretty and the bow tie is super cool
ysmeine that at is so pretty! i wish i had a mini head so i could wear it  Cheesy
milady i am so sorry to hear things have been tough. glad you are okay. good luck with teh house. i absolutely adore your flip flops!

i was SUPPOSED to start my sewing class this week but the teacher called and said week after easter... if it gets pushed again i may just et my money back and turn to youtibe because i am running out of time before real heavy study loads in school starts. i am working on my needs for ranking due june 2nd then i start the program in the fall and will be scheduled to graduate june 2014. i will barely have time to sneeze  Cry but ill have the rest of m y life for everything else. so i hope the class actually happens asap cause sewing helps keep me grounded and relaxed and i seriously want to use my patterns
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #1064 on: April 02, 2012 10:24:14 AM »

The theme works out well - I just made a resolution that I would clean out/organize one thing a week (like a closet or a storage box), so I guess each time I get to one that's my crafting stuff, I'll have to post stuff. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1065 on: April 02, 2012 11:16:18 AM »

Too cold to wear it at the mo' but I'll be ready for the sun when it comes back. The black top is to show how the hem hangs when I'm not waving my wings  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1066 on: April 02, 2012 11:36:03 AM »

Cute top!  I can't wait for summer weather!

btw--this is alwaysinmyroom--they haven't changed our names yet...I am so confused today.. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1067 on: April 02, 2012 11:57:58 AM »

could have been worse, you could have been "alwaysinmylitterbox"  Cheesy we had summer last week  Undecided today its back to the thermal undies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
Taramor
« Reply #1068 on: April 02, 2012 12:00:30 PM »

It is a great top, Kookaloo! And it looks so pretty on you.
And Gaudiknigth - lovely themes for April. And thank you for making the themes, they are so inspiring. I haven't finished my March project, but I will in a few days time. And it is all thanks to you - whitout your challenge, my unfinished object would have stayed in the bin. Smiley

Alwaysinmylitterbox  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1069 on: April 02, 2012 12:03:21 PM »

You guys are great! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...