A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,092
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 206821 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

J_Kieviet
« Reply #1020 on: March 28, 2012 08:07:29 PM »

Have used up a fair amount of flannel and cotton making baby quilt tops, too morrow I will have to go buy backing.  2 quilts are for a friend having twins, the rest I am going to use to open an etsy shop.  so far the only pattern I've used is a large pinwheel, so thinking of calling the shop pinwheel palace, pinwheel designs, anybody else have suggestions? planning to sell blankets and dresses, maybe pj pants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1021 on: March 29, 2012 06:15:12 AM »

You guys are rocking the destash thread, as usual, putting me to shame, as usual, lol!

I did manage to get a couple of projects on the go, I stitched up this gorgeous fox pillow/stuffy but am not happy with the base so I've got to find something to stabilize it.
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/70004765

And I had set aside some really colourful scraps (I mean teeny weeny scraps) that I couldn't stand to toss out and have them wonderunder stuck to fabric harvested from old tshirts to make a set of cushions I promised friends as a wedding gift (last year, oops). I should have them all finished by week's end. Fingers crossed, ha ha. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1022 on: March 29, 2012 06:33:57 AM »

Foxy!  Cheesy

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  Wink But he is such an intent looking fox.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: March 29, 2012 06:51:27 AM »

A couple of small items, but it feels so good to destash.

Two happy orange bunnies from a frogged sweater and floss I've had for so long, I don't remember when I last bought floss.

One pair of slippers from another frogged sweater that I then dyed with Kool-Aid. I only had enough to finish one foot from each ball but I like the odd jester like look of these.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1024 on: March 29, 2012 07:09:28 AM »

That's a pretty cool fox.

And the jester like slippers are neat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1025 on: March 29, 2012 07:41:51 AM »

I like mismatched slippers!  I love that they are from old sweaters...I need to learn how to unravel one...

wow--love the fox...and all of her other things as well...such beautiful designs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1026 on: March 29, 2012 07:18:21 PM »

oh I'm so jealous of the prices of fabric in the US, but then again my stash would be SO MUCH BIGGER if our prices here were cheaper.
maybe if the prices were more expensive i could get control on my stash haha

14 skeins!  Girl, where are the pictures!!  What the heck are you making?
hahha no kidding clutter! you are holding out on us

thanks for all the love for the pillbox hats. now i just want to save every cereal box lol and im glad you all enjoyed the exhibitionist cupcake haha. i fell in love with that image

ysmeine those booties are as cute as the little tootsies theyre keeping warm
bananaleg i didnt discover elvis much until high school... i feel like i missed out. i have a few barbies of elvis tho. arent first crushes so special! i like your headbands. i am so jealous of your skills
aimr those note cards are so pretty! i love how happy they are
melly those first bday hats are cute. i looooove the blue one! and your son is a cutie pie
kook your cardigan is very cool! congrats on finishing. the hats all came out cute. i adore the white one with sequins
clm you sound so driven right now! thats awesome. get your destashing on. that fox is too cute! i love foxies
beth your pillows look amazing already! cant wait to see them
bella finally pix that do your beautiful scarves justice. i love them
rlb super cute bunnies
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1027 on: March 29, 2012 07:29:38 PM »

i haven't done much more than sleep, work, and study this week. ive been starting to pick up the pieces from losing my tia 6 months ago and that has emotionally drained me
last friday i went through the first batch of my tia's clothes because my tio wanted to donate whatever i was not going to keep. i tried on the clothes and kept what fit and looked well. (she crocheted so much of her tops! amazing stitches... gorgeous!) i also kept what i could use in crafts.

first thing i made was pillows for my tio to help him when hes lonely and as a thank you for letting me keep anything i want.
i will be making more pillows for other family members and myself

i also cut up some old scrubs form work to make tank top dresses or summer shirts but didnt get further than cutting. i used all the scraps to make toys for my pups and they are going nuts with them  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #1028 on: March 29, 2012 08:06:58 PM »

I noticed someones stumpwork on craftster and had to check it out. I decided to give it a try using stash. I found a lot of info online and had fun trying it out. I like the padded details and the wired leaf. I am not sure about the button hole lace petals.

I decided to get a book on it and a few supplies to try something different. Now my embroidery stash has doubled. I want to make more, but what can I do other than frame a piece with wired elements.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1029 on: March 29, 2012 08:52:22 PM »

aprettymess...your uncle is so lucky to have you to console him....it is great that you were able to have some things of your aunt's...the pillows are a nice thing for your uncle...

ysmeine..I think stumpwork could be addicting and worthy of collecting more supplies!  It looks like it would be fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Recipe
Fritos Chili Pie Casserole Recipe
Pan-Seared Garlic Filet Mignon Recipe
Memorial Day Onion Burgers Recipe
Philly Beef Torpedo Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...