A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 198720 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaudiknight
« Reply #940 on: March 19, 2012 10:39:04 AM »

Awesome projects, all.  I need to get started on my spring cleaning too, but I keep getting overwhelmed.  I just got a box back from a friend left over from this summer's move, and behold - more craft supplies!

Buttercup Bag by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

This is the buttercup bag pattern which I highly recommend if you've got some fat quarters that are crying out to be used.  The pattern is super easy to follow.

I couldn't find any magnetic clasps in town, so I ended up using a button from my stash collection.  Flash forward a week when I'm going through my latest button jar acquisition, and lo and behold, an identical button!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #941 on: March 19, 2012 10:52:42 AM »

Cute bag!

Do you ever get those cheesy refrigerator magnets that come in the mail or from advertising flyers?  I save them and cut them into squares to make cheap closures...they are not meant to hold anything heavy, but they usually work through one layer of fabric..you can punch holes in them and tack them on or even use glue...then a metal button, snap, or even a metal washer will stick to it as the other side...I cut a few into flower shapes...best part: FREE worst part: more stuff to save.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012 06:25:42 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 19, 2012 05:53:11 PM »

what a fantastic idea always!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
Brackish Potato
« Reply #943 on: March 19, 2012 06:21:21 PM »

I like the same one!  How did you get such brilliant colors?  Is it pigment ink?

The green and yellow on book text is watercolor paint. The black stamping is StazOn ink, a solvent ink which is AMAZING! It stamps crisp and clear and you can use it on just about everything (it says it's not recomended for fabric, though). It's also waterproof so you can stamp something and then paint right over it without the ink running or smearing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #944 on: March 19, 2012 08:47:01 PM »

clm i love the poptart teesha moore patch. very cute! and how fun are those froglettes! thimble full of beads or not, they are cute
beth i cant wait to see your throw pillows. sounds fun. hope your finger is ok!
melbelle i love the way you wrapped the edges of the hoops with ribbon... i have never seen that and think it looks awesome
bananaleg your button rings are pretty colors and the felt food is so cool! (p.s. thanks for the ring cred  Cheesy) i clean like you hahah... i guess we clean like 5 year olds
always those little houses are sooooo adorable! that magnet tip is too smart! i have tons on the fridge from businesses i dont even know exist still lol
tryskal congrats on the agility test! holy crap... i would NOT pass that lol. i really should work out
that1girl i love the animal print pillow! wish i could touch it, the texture looks fun
belladune those scarves are pretty! do you have a close up of the ocnfetti one? i love the cowl
brackish great bookmarks! that was a fun swap
gaudi love the bag, thanks for the link

i spring cleaned one room and my body hurt so bad that i gave up for now. but i must do more... especially my crafting area! just when i thought spring was here we got a snow storm. nothing like what most of you are used to but it is freeeeezing! thank goodness i didnt put away my big blankies and long sleeves yet

i just got an email about a spring clearance button sale... fighting the urge to look lol

so now i can post pix of what i have destashed... ill be back shortly for that. time for a late dinner
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #945 on: March 19, 2012 09:10:21 PM »

so the last 2 of my bookmarks were received... here they are:
front: painted a nude cupcake

back

front: painted a zombie bunny

back

i also made this pillbox hat (which i can feel is going to be a new obsession. i plan on making a blog tut soon. i look terrible in this pic so focus on the hat... it was past midnight on a work night lol)

and sewed up this reversible elvis purse for my friend (blue side stash, green side bought)

each side has a heart shaped pocket  Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #946 on: March 19, 2012 09:30:10 PM »

i almost forgot
when i was spring cleaning the 1 room, i decided i didnt like the blinda doing nothing but catching dust. so i removed them and made these curtains. i know tey dont match the door but the room in a bluish green

this door used to lead to the outside then an addition was made and it is a TV room so these light curtains do the trick
and my family loves them yay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #947 on: March 20, 2012 01:41:27 AM »

I've also been busy destashing, and finally I can post pictures of what I've been up to in February, although they'll have to wait another couple of days.

I made some bookmarks too
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=405828.msg4780740#msg4780740
It doesn't look like much, until I tell you I made 57 of them! Destashed loads of paper Smiley

I also finished my reading-in-bed jacket, made of my favourite jumper wool.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=405844.msg4780988#msg4780988
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #948 on: March 20, 2012 05:54:54 AM »

Thanks everyone! I was going to take better pics of all the scarves yesterday, but Winter decided to come back with full force (seriously, there was just a tiny amount of snow left in the shady spots, and now we've got nearly 4 inches+...)

All the destashing in here is amazing! 
Btackish those bookmarks are fabulous.  They are in some of my favorit themes, trees and that lovely shade of green.
That's a very cute bag, Guadiknight!
Aprettymess, you are very porductive!  And where do you find such fabulous fabrics?  You've alwasy got  the most interesting prints!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #949 on: March 20, 2012 06:35:05 AM »

I laughed so hard at the naked cupcake!!  At times, I am a 15 year old boy...

Also, what a lovely gift for your friend!  The Hawaiian Elvis is such a lovely fabric!

Antidigger..clever idea to solve a problem with your bed time cover up!

I dragged a bin out of one of my closets thinking it was stored tablecoths or towels...it was fabric!  I am a bit upset but I did find some things to get me out of my creative slump...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating and Arranging Buttons
Macromedia Flash 8 - Combining Animations into One Project
Macromedia Flash 8 - Using Graphic Symbols
Macromedia Flash 8 - Adding Audio, Swapping Symbols and Testing a Movie
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating Animations
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...