A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 308,219
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 158
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 280348 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #900 on: March 19, 2012 07:19:18 AM »

I lothe spring cleaning, I tend to do it in spirts, I dont have a hard time getting rid of clothes but yarn or material I have a hard time to get rid of.

My destashing has been making new throw pillows to go with my new funiture, Also my brother and his lovely wife are buying a house at the end of the monthe and for a house warming present We got them slipcovers to make their mismatched funiture look like it is a matching set, so I got out a charm pack and 6 fat quarters and I have been making her throw pillows to. So 6 fats for hers, like 15 or so for mine 1 charm pack for mine, 1 charm pack for hers, 2 yards of green fabric to back her pillows and 2 yards of felt to quilt the top of the pillows(to add strength) So I am destashing alot, but it sure doesnt look like it.

Also not to long ago I gave a garbage bag full of baby color yarns to my grandmother to make blankets for her local hospital, She makes small blankets for still born babies, or those who have miscarrages. Such a great charity and it keeps my 84 year old gramma doing crafts. Love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
Brackish Potato
« Reply #901 on: March 19, 2012 08:26:14 AM »

beth, that's lovely. Your gramma sounds great!

I've been out of town for a week, so I haven't done much crafting. Everyone's crafts look so wonderful! When the weather gets warm again, I'll get started on some spring cleaning too. My house needs it badly!

My bookmark swap has wrapped up so I'll share the bookmarks I made. The only thing I bought was some StazOn ink for stamping. It didn't make a dent in my paper stash at all.  Undecided

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #902 on: March 19, 2012 10:28:16 AM »

bella- the scarves are so pretty

Brakish- I love the bookmarks. My favorites are the black one and the one with the tree.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #903 on: March 19, 2012 10:32:34 AM »

I like the same one!  How did you get such brilliant colors?  Is it pigment ink?

I also like small, satisfying projects when I am in a slump...I made three jar lid pincushions and at least felt like I was productive even if there was no dent in my stash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #904 on: March 19, 2012 10:39:04 AM »

Awesome projects, all.  I need to get started on my spring cleaning too, but I keep getting overwhelmed.  I just got a box back from a friend left over from this summer's move, and behold - more craft supplies!

Buttercup Bag by AluminumDryad, on Flickr

This is the buttercup bag pattern which I highly recommend if you've got some fat quarters that are crying out to be used.  The pattern is super easy to follow.

I couldn't find any magnetic clasps in town, so I ended up using a button from my stash collection.  Flash forward a week when I'm going through my latest button jar acquisition, and lo and behold, an identical button!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #905 on: March 19, 2012 10:52:42 AM »

Cute bag!

Do you ever get those cheesy refrigerator magnets that come in the mail or from advertising flyers?  I save them and cut them into squares to make cheap closures...they are not meant to hold anything heavy, but they usually work through one layer of fabric..you can punch holes in them and tack them on or even use glue...then a metal button, snap, or even a metal washer will stick to it as the other side...I cut a few into flower shapes...best part: FREE worst part: more stuff to save.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012 06:25:42 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 19, 2012 05:53:11 PM »

what a fantastic idea always!
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
Brackish Potato
« Reply #907 on: March 19, 2012 06:21:21 PM »

I like the same one!  How did you get such brilliant colors?  Is it pigment ink?

The green and yellow on book text is watercolor paint. The black stamping is StazOn ink, a solvent ink which is AMAZING! It stamps crisp and clear and you can use it on just about everything (it says it's not recomended for fabric, though). It's also waterproof so you can stamp something and then paint right over it without the ink running or smearing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: March 19, 2012 08:47:01 PM »

clm i love the poptart teesha moore patch. very cute! and how fun are those froglettes! thimble full of beads or not, they are cute
beth i cant wait to see your throw pillows. sounds fun. hope your finger is ok!
melbelle i love the way you wrapped the edges of the hoops with ribbon... i have never seen that and think it looks awesome
bananaleg your button rings are pretty colors and the felt food is so cool! (p.s. thanks for the ring cred  Cheesy) i clean like you hahah... i guess we clean like 5 year olds
always those little houses are sooooo adorable! that magnet tip is too smart! i have tons on the fridge from businesses i dont even know exist still lol
tryskal congrats on the agility test! holy crap... i would NOT pass that lol. i really should work out
that1girl i love the animal print pillow! wish i could touch it, the texture looks fun
belladune those scarves are pretty! do you have a close up of the ocnfetti one? i love the cowl
brackish great bookmarks! that was a fun swap
gaudi love the bag, thanks for the link

i spring cleaned one room and my body hurt so bad that i gave up for now. but i must do more... especially my crafting area! just when i thought spring was here we got a snow storm. nothing like what most of you are used to but it is freeeeezing! thank goodness i didnt put away my big blankies and long sleeves yet

i just got an email about a spring clearance button sale... fighting the urge to look lol

so now i can post pix of what i have destashed... ill be back shortly for that. time for a late dinner
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #909 on: March 19, 2012 09:10:21 PM »

so the last 2 of my bookmarks were received... here they are:
front: painted a nude cupcake

back

front: painted a zombie bunny

back

i also made this pillbox hat (which i can feel is going to be a new obsession. i plan on making a blog tut soon. i look terrible in this pic so focus on the hat... it was past midnight on a work night lol)

and sewed up this reversible elvis purse for my friend (blue side stash, green side bought)

each side has a heart shaped pocket  Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 158 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...