A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 198221 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #540 on: February 07, 2012 09:19:32 AM »

I loved the turtle...I printed out the template and pattern a while back and just have not had the time...but it is too cute not to make!

I also loved your stenciled bags...

K-star--the socks are quite an accomplishment!

nisforneville--hey--yarn is a good BD present! Cheesy

I dug into my decorator and upholstery fabrics...hubs wants a curtain in the doorway of our laundry room...I showed him what I had on hand, and he was happy with most of it...YAY!  I can use up some stash and use the money for something else! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Antidigger
« Reply #541 on: February 07, 2012 10:37:07 AM »

alwaysinmyroom- that sounds like a win all round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: February 07, 2012 11:00:05 AM »

aprettyness--did you make the back and the front of the mug rug the same?
the back is all just one piece of fabric. not nearly as fun haha

Aprettymess,  I wonder if your lining was a bit big?  It looks like you sewed an 'envelope', turned it right side out, filled it with the lining, then quilted it.  If that's how you did it, then the machine would have pulled the fabric smaller, leaving your lining to big, causing it to buckle like it does.  If you pin pin pin pin pin pin the heck out of it, it's less likely to pull, too.
i did do the sew inside out and turn thing which was probably my first mistake  Tongue i was too lazy to have to add the edges lol. but i didnt have my lining inside while i sewed it all together. i will pin much more next time and be less lazy. that may explain why it is a bit bubbly in some areas

I'm going through our clothes right now and getting rid of anything that isn't natural fibers, I can't tell you how tempted I am to keep it all to use in crafts but it's going to the thrift store, I'm forcing myself.
i dont have the strength... lol i have piles EVERYWHERE of clothes i cant part with because im sure i can craft with

the Leaning Tower of Yarnia  

ahhahahahah i love that!

I want to make a bunch of red hearts and leave them randomly at different places to make people aware...
awesome idea! i may have to do that too  Smiley

laughing lark that pic of your kitty in his bed is perfect! you caught his tongue mid lick lol
ysmeine i love your cutout for pix! very cute
all the projects are awesome! there are too many to single out comments but one i must comment on is the beards and mustaches! omg how fun!
last week i was so tired! i think school finally caught up to me and i pretty much slept when i wasnt working or in school... but i think im normalizing now and totally stoked for february themes!
themes: i love red! love polka dots! thinking of what to make my bff for vday. largest dent: by far fabric lol
thanks for the pointers on the mug rug. i want to perfect these little things before taking a stab at a real quilt
i made myself an apron but i have to photograph it still... hoping to be able to keep up with life again  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: February 07, 2012 11:28:16 AM »

Love the hats and the hearts.

Adore the pink socks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #544 on: February 07, 2012 01:02:27 PM »

Eeep, so much awesome stuff this past week!

School has taken up a lot of my time...I can't believe it's already February.  But I have tried to spend most waking craft hours knitting.  And knitting.  And knitting.  And so I finally finished the ugly scarf I was working on for so long! 

It is my first complete knitted project.  It's (nearly) a full skein of Red Heart Fiesta in Country Blue.  Color is definitely not my style, but I'm pretty proud of it anyway.  I think it took me about 25-30 hours (how long would it have taken you seasoned knitters?) and is about 6.5 feet long.  I used US size 11 needles.  I started out using size 10, but I didn't like how tight the stitches were, and then I ended up dropping a few, and then randomly increasing a few.  I cut my losses and am going to turn that section into a hot pad/trivet or something.  Smiley

I also stitched up a couple small hoops.

The mushroom one is for my cousin...they are the mushrooms from the original Super Mario Bros.  I'm thinking it might need a couple more shrooms, but I can't decide.  Any opinions? 

The other one is supposed to be one of those cute trees with the BF's and my initials.  I was trying to make it seem...I don't know exactly...folky?  It didn't turn out as cute as I was hoping, but I still like it, though I'm not convinced it's readily identifiable as a tree.  It's going to be part of his valentine's present, either way.

I still haven't been to a craft store or purchased any items!  That makes me happy, too.  I'm also working on a swap to destash some paper craft supplies.  I don't know how much of a dent it will make in the end, but my paper stack seems shorter.  Hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: February 07, 2012 01:28:36 PM »

i like the shrooms hoop the way it is and i knew the other hoop was a tree before i read what you wrote  Grin
i like them!
congrats on finishing a knitting project  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: February 07, 2012 02:17:24 PM »

I think you should leave the mushroom hoop with just the two mushrooms. It looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: February 07, 2012 03:49:10 PM »

Love the hoops and I too knew that it was a tree right away but you could add some green for leaves or you could add a bird to a branch or a bird house or a swing to a branch. you could try some buttons for leaves I love button trees. But I would leave it like it is I think he will love it.

Love all the new stuff added I am still trying to catch up on all the stuff but wanted to post my January stuff to get caught up.
White- I dont do white I stay my clutsy self away from white at all costs.
Stripes- Finished this Last night Baby Blanky and hat

For myself- I always have cold feet but dont take the time to make myself slippers for finshed 2 pair and a matching set for my daughter.

Organize- organized the area around my chair where I keep crafting supplies at hand does that count

Well I will get started on the febuary stuff. Does de stashing mean using up kits that you have in your craft room? What about finishing up half completed projects? 

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012 03:56:27 PM by beth8144 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: February 07, 2012 03:59:57 PM »

So my 5 year old used some yarn from my stash and wanted to know if she helped destash (once I explained it to her) So while she used less that half a skein I told her yes she did and I would post her hat she made not the best pic but here she is. And by the way she did all the wrapping and everthing her self, I just turned under the rim and closed the hat top.

Not best pic of colors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: February 07, 2012 05:58:58 PM »

LovelyMiss, I think 25-30 hours for a six and a half foot scarf pretty admirable. Cute embroidery too.

beth8144 Cute slippers, love the photo there.  Your little knitter is only 5? Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Steve McCurry: The Sartorialist for AOL On
Humans Of New York
9 Tips for Taking Better Photos
Man Creates Stunningly Realistic Diorama Of His 1950s-Era Home Town
Cover Girls: The Sartorialist For AOL On
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...