A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,064
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 183401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #450 on: January 31, 2012 10:37:54 AM »

14.   Mini book January

15.   Love card January front back

16.   Blanket January

17.   Random drawings January
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #451 on: January 31, 2012 11:01:19 AM »

Love the black and white blanket--and it is striped!  Is it a gift?

ha ha I pulled a top out of the bag I use to "donate" (it has been sitting in the room for about a year now)...I have no memory of why it was put in there in the first place...oh yeah, it is sort of ugly and hubs hates it...oh, but it is clean! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Spiffyhink
« Reply #452 on: January 31, 2012 11:11:33 AM »

Love the black and white blanket--and it is striped!  Is it a gift?

ha ha I pulled a top out of the bag I use to "donate" (it has been sitting in the room for about a year now)...I have no memory of why it was put in there in the first place...oh yeah, it is sort of ugly and hubs hates it...oh, but it is clean! Cheesy

Ha! I've totally pulled old things from my stash that I didn't remember putting there and worn them again. It's still destashing, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #453 on: January 31, 2012 11:47:10 AM »

Oh, som many wonderfull things people makes! I love the small books - and the washcloths, and the..., and the... To many to mention...
Here are my contribution:
stripes:
  and work-in-progress

Second work-in-progress: .

They are going to get put together to something like that: .

So - only a pair of socks finished - but lots of stripes, and a little bit of destashing  Grin

I am looking foreward to the new theme tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #454 on: January 31, 2012 11:49:38 AM »

The socks are beautiful!

I also like the scrappy quilt...I have never seen one done in that shape...it looks like you have to use foundation paper?  It is going to be huge and colorful..I like it a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
ysmeine
« Reply #455 on: January 31, 2012 12:03:12 PM »

Love the darker green socks. I really need to try making socks someday. I keep collecting sock yarn, 2 skeins in each color. What size needles do you use?

I have been slowly destashing, bit by bit. Since I have put myself on a budget, I am not trying to use up my large stash. Just keep it manageable. I am hoping to buy a house in a couple years and  need to start saving. Luckily, I have enough stash to keep me busy.

I did finish a woven bracelet. I like them to wrap double around the wrist so they take longer.

projects I am planning:

a couple more woven scarves
more woven bracelets both flat and round
fabric baskets for yarn storage
infinity scarf, my sister keeps mentioning them
naalbinding with my new needle, a hat?
use resin before it goes bad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #456 on: January 31, 2012 12:40:44 PM »

Oh, yes: condemned clothes usually have to be made unusable as soon as possible or I will rescue them from the condemned pile & wear them again Roll Eyes<big sigh>.

I do that too  Embarrassed
A lot of my fabric is sheets and duvet covers, the whole family donate them to me when they buy new & I scour the local charity shops for groovy bedding too  Grin

I'm slowly plodding through my yarn stash at the moment, I doubt I'll make a serious  dent in it though  Shocked

I have 3 60L containers full of yarn, plus three sets of drawers with three drawers in each, full of yarn. I even colour organize  Cheesy makes life easy when I'm after something for a craft. I'm destashing too, but I will admit, I have brought the occasional bit of yarn. Patterns need to be destashed of the "to do" list too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: January 31, 2012 12:58:05 PM »

I sorted my yarn into colour groups last week, apart from the cones of machine knitting yarn that are all just piled up together in the back of the closet, the Leaning Tower of Yarnia  Cheesy Some is hung in bags with the patterns and hooks/needles required but most is in boxes. I have plenty but it's never quite just what I wanted...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
gaudiknight
« Reply #458 on: January 31, 2012 01:43:38 PM »

Kookaloo_Starr  I love the idea of the Leaning Tower of Yarnia.  I've just got the yarn cave that lives under my bed.

that1girl  Such cute mini books!  I may be stealing the idea for this years' Valentines.

ysmeine  Neat weaving.  I've never seen it used for bracelets before.

taramor  Those socks look so cozy.

And a few things to add to my measly January DeStash List.

A dozen of these, made as party favors for my grandmother's 81st birthday tea-party.  There were little heart bookmarks that slipped over the back, but I didn't get a picture of those.

And a bookmark that I used as a gift-bow type thing on her birthday present.

So in January I managed to use:
4 skeins of yarn (which were given away as late Christmas presents) 1 skein that was destroyed by moths and 1 skein that was immediately frogged and therefore doesn't count, 7 sheets of scrapbook paper, and 4 sheets of cardstock.

I ended up with 2 more yards of fabric in my stash and one extra ball of yarn.  But then I visited my grandparents, and I swear every one of their friends who knows that I like to craft cleans out their closets when I'm there and I have to take it with me (Have you ever tried saying no to little old Italian ladies trying to give things away?  It can't be done).  So I now have three extra grocery sacks of yarn, and a zillion fat quarters that I'm not quite sure how to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taramor
« Reply #459 on: January 31, 2012 01:47:52 PM »

Allwaysinmyroom - thank you. Yes, I use a paper foundation. It is a great way to use even very small scraps. It is called 'spiderweb' and is from Bonnie Hunters blog http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/string-spider-web.html.
Ysmeine - thank you - I like the dark ones best, too  Cheesy. I used size 4 (European size). I like your bracelet - is it done in tablet weaving?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Assemble the Perfect Sewing Kit
How to Make Lavender Sachets
How to Create Potted Plant Centerpieces
How to Make a Veneer Lampshade
Scrapbook Kit and Nightlight Shade For New Moms
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...