A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 180854 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Spiffyhink
« Reply #370 on: January 25, 2012 07:41:01 AM »

Love the hanging laundry bags!

ha ha MiLady...I think I confuse people because I love doing crochet that looks like knitting and knitting that looks like crochet! Cheesy  I try to explain to people that the needles make the difference but all they see is the finished product...*sigh*  we just have to keep on "educating" people... Cheesy  I knew the ipad case would be a hit!

My dad had that same assumption as well, and I had to correct him. I always tell people that knitting is like wrapping yarn around itself, while crochet is like tiny knots. Of course, every time people complain about wishing they could do that sort of thing, I have to think of this comic (warning: there is cursing within; don't click if you're around children etc. etc.)
http://www.nataliedee.com/index.php?date=090208

aprettymess, I love those laundry bags! I've been wondering where I'm going to put my laundry bins when I actually buy a washer and dryer (the baskets are where the units will eventually go), and I think hanging bags would be a perfect solution!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #371 on: January 25, 2012 07:46:12 AM »

that was awesome!  I swear if I hear one more person say they can't do something, I am going to grab my needles and yarn and put them in their hands and make them knit...what they should be saying is that they really don't want to learn... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2012 08:24:52 AM »

that was awesome!  I swear if I hear one more person say they can't do something, I am going to grab my needles and yarn and put them in their hands and make them knit...what they should be saying is that they really don't want to learn... Cheesy

I actually do want to learn to knit...BUT... I am most emphatically right handed.  My left hand is completely...ummm.. .I think there was a lobotomy on the portion of my brain that controls my left hand.  Tongue That being said, if you want to shove the things in my hands and tackle the job of teaching me, I would certainly let you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #373 on: January 25, 2012 08:57:46 AM »

Love the hanging laundry bags!

ha ha MiLady...I think I confuse people because I love doing crochet that looks like knitting and knitting that looks like crochet! Cheesy  I try to explain to people that the needles make the difference but all they see is the finished product...*sigh*  we just have to keep on "educating" people... Cheesy  I knew the ipad case would be a hit!

I find that they always assume it's knitting. I guess yarn + some sort of instrument =
knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH
July ATC 7/3/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2012 10:07:34 AM »

*Raises hand* Okay, I'm guilty of complaining, 'I wish I could knit/crochet!" It'd be more accurate to say, "I am so envious of your great skill in that craft. I really do love yarn, and all the wonderful things made from it. But I am both too lazy and too busy to learn, I get too easily frustrated to be able to teach myself how and the one time I did take one crochet lesson at the LYS, it didn't go well. If I wasn't such a slacker I'm sure I could learn, but again, only so much free time which at the moment I am devoting to other crafts. But all that is too long to say, so I merely go, 'ooh! wish i could do that!', so please accept it as a clumsy compliment."
All right, I'll try to admire people's skill and crafts with whining that I can't do that from now on.  And love the cartoon! Wish I could draw like-oh, right, nevermind.  Wink

Ahem. While I'm here, a destach. A plain handleless terra cotta teapot I bought on a whim to craft something with ages ago, has been living in the heap of craft supplies ever since, forgotten. Nice little clay pot, complete with brewing basket, and nothing wrong with plain unglazed, but I felt like fancying it up. And adding a handle to make it useable!
Handle of four fancy beaded ornament hooks(stash from a yard sale) and braided/twisted gold wire(also stash from a yard sale), 5 colors of paint, daubed and blended until I was happy, and sealed. The right size to brew a perfect cup or two.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
cursive_queen
« Reply #375 on: January 25, 2012 10:44:13 AM »

oooh pretty tea pot!  I love teapots
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #376 on: January 25, 2012 11:11:09 AM »

bookstorebabe--nice save!  The handle really adds a bit of sparkle to the cute teapot!
ha ha I love that you have a sense of humor about yourself!  Any comments made here are not pointing to anyone specific...just certain people in our lives that we all know and can poke fun at! Cheesy

Dewshinedopp--I sometimes wish we could hold Craftster learning classes all over the country!  It would be great to learn how to do mosaic or clay from members who have that skill (and, uh, no, I haven't given it my best effort...so I am guilty of being lazy, uncaring, and not all that interested in learning!)

I frogged and re-knit the huge Tychus hat (the blue and white one) last night...what a waste of time...the hat was only an inch or two smaller and still does not fit anyone I know...I think I will throw it in the charity box. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #377 on: January 25, 2012 11:40:07 AM »

Thanks, alwaysinmyroom! I've found laughing at myself is an important craft skill. . And yes, Craftster learning classes would be great. Wait, wasn't there something on the board about that last April? Wink
Sorry you had a frustrating hat experience. But when you pass it on to charity, I bet whoever ends up with it will love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #378 on: January 25, 2012 12:09:28 PM »

Thanks, alwaysinmyroom! I've found laughing at myself is an important craft skill. . And yes, Craftster learning classes would be great. Wait, wasn't there something on the board about that last April? Wink 

Haha, I was giggling about that, too. 

I finally just stopped saying (whining) that I wish I could knit, and taught myself how a couple weeks ago.  (Well, technically I learned when I was about eight or nine, but I could never get past the first row.)  I'm making a really ugly scarf that I plan to share on here when I'm done.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #379 on: January 25, 2012 12:59:39 PM »

My dad had that same assumption as well, and I had to correct him. I always tell people that knitting is like wrapping yarn around itself, while crochet is like tiny knots. Of course, every time people complain about wishing they could do that sort of thing, I have to think of this comic (warning: there is cursing within; don't click if you're around children etc. etc.)
http://www.nataliedee.com/index.php?date=090208
Hahaha! That is perfect. Gotta love Natalie Dee.
I've learned that people will always get knitting and crocheting confused. You can keep correcting them, but if they aren't into it, they won't remember. And even if they do, the next person will get them mixed up. For my sanity, i had to just get over it. Smile and nod. Accept that people are morons. Wink (Kind of like when i visit my old church and all the old ladies are still calling me by my sister's name. Smile and nod.)

APM, the bags look great. Great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Twisted Knit Stitch Using Two Strings as One
How to Make a Shiny Christmas Ball Wreath
How to Make a Twisted Knit Stitch with a Double Wrapped String
How to Make a Slip Knot Part 2/2
How to Make a Triple Crochet Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...