A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 198499 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ysmeine
« Reply #310 on: January 18, 2012 04:57:08 AM »

I might have to make my Jan themes in Feb. I will be taking some days off work. My daughter stopped by yesterday and stole the pink scarf. I need to start something new. First sleep, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jfer007
« Reply #311 on: January 19, 2012 11:17:40 AM »

I love days off during the week because it gives me plenty of un-interrupted craft time! And now I bring to you, my stripes

and an action shot

I used this tutorial http://www.outoforderdesign.com/2010/04/diy-tutorial-full-skirt.html and it was great!

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other 3 yards!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiLady
« Reply #312 on: January 19, 2012 12:38:14 PM »

I have been a busy girl, I thought I'd share some photos for January. I'm still yet to make myself anything although I so have a shawl in progress which has 8 rows left but I'm stuck on row 32 because it makes no sense, I've already found 2 mistakes within the pattern but it's something I will have to go back to.

So I've made two stripey wonders, both of which have been received well the first is an ipad case for my skint friend who refuses to take her ipad out with her because she can't afford a cover, not having an ipad myself I'm not sure how well it will fit but I've taken the dimensions from the internet, I posted it today as she lives in London (I'm from Milton Keynes) so I'll feed back what she says:

The second is a blanket I've been working on for about four months for a friends baby who is almost 3months old! It's technically not stash as I bought the wool to make it way back in September intending to make just this, but as it sat untouched in my box for such a long time I have counted it in and I am elated that it's finally finished, washed and packaged ready to post. I'm also really impressed with the wool, I bought a baby acrylic which was a relatively cheap brand and it's come out really well from the washing machine on a wool cycle - always a plus for a new mum! This will be heading to Hertfordshire:

Also, brownie points to anyone who spots my horrific mistake  Cry I had already got to the last row of pink before I realised and there was no way in hell I was unravelling that beast!

Lastly, a white item for a friend's baby, an owly hat (a pattern I purchased from ravelry) and the outfit it goes with, also made from the stash. She's expecting a baby girl in less than 3 weeks and is fed up with all the baby pink stuff so this was my contribution:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #313 on: January 19, 2012 12:55:02 PM »

Wow! The colors are so lovely on the outfit, I like the white hat, and the stripey case looks perfect. I'm glad you didn't unravel the blanket, it's great. Lucky friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: January 19, 2012 01:15:32 PM »

Love the Ipad case it looks great!

I finally destashed some things. I got the idea from SheepBlue, she posted a green necklace in the 50 Projects craftalong that I really wanted to try out. So since I had Valentine colored seed beads I thought I would give it a try. I used over 1200 seed beads, but of course it didn't even begin to make a dent in my stash. (The beads were given to me by AlwaysInMyRoom so maybe it counts as a destash for her too.  Smiley)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012 01:33:02 PM by meleriffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #315 on: January 19, 2012 03:17:57 PM »

MiLady, the baby outfit is adorable!

meleriffic, that necklace is really neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #316 on: January 19, 2012 03:40:49 PM »

I've made a few things but only had pics of a few : tiny socks and an in progress shot of the Babette blanket and a t shirt for someone special Smiley  The socks and blanket are stripes, the t shirt technically includes white lol

THIS ROCKS   Logged
costumesaremylife
« Reply #317 on: January 19, 2012 04:16:15 PM »

I have been a busy girl, I thought I'd share some photos for January. I'm still yet to make myself anything although I so have a shawl in progress which has 8 rows left but I'm stuck on row 32 because it makes no sense, I've already found 2 mistakes within the pattern but it's something I will have to go back to.

So I've made two stripey wonders, both of which have been received well the first is an ipad case for my skint friend who refuses to take her ipad out with her because she can't afford a cover, not having an ipad myself I'm not sure how well it will fit but I've taken the dimensions from the internet, I posted it today as she lives in London (I'm from Milton Keynes) so I'll feed back what she says:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/158703_19Jan12_ipadcase.jpg

The second is a blanket I've been working on for about four months for a friends baby who is almost 3months old! It's technically not stash as I bought the wool to make it way back in September intending to make just this, but as it sat untouched in my box for such a long time I have counted it in and I am elated that it's finally finished, washed and packaged ready to post. I'm also really impressed with the wool, I bought a baby acrylic which was a relatively cheap brand and it's come out really well from the washing machine on a wool cycle - always a plus for a new mum! This will be heading to Hertfordshire:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/158703_19Jan12_starblanket.jpg
Also, brownie points to anyone who spots my horrific mistake  Cry I had already got to the last row of pink before I realised and there was no way in hell I was unravelling that beast!

Lastly, a white item for a friend's baby, an owly hat (a pattern I purchased from ravelry) and the outfit it goes with, also made from the stash. She's expecting a baby girl in less than 3 weeks and is fed up with all the baby pink stuff so this was my contribution:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/158703_11Jan12_Owly_hat.jpg

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/158703_19Jan12_cashewsoutfit.jpg

You make beautiful things.  I don't see any mistakes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012 12:25:34 AM by MareMare - Reason: Please remove image tags when quoting images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #318 on: January 19, 2012 04:16:47 PM »

I've been de-stashing paper again, 20-25 cards, my stock of birthday/general cards is built up for the next 6-8 months. Photos and/or a link later.

Jfer007, I love that skirt, beautiful.
MiLady, you've been really busy, that baby blanket is lovely and I can't spot a flaw anywhere.
Meleriffic, sweet necklace, I really must try something like that (if I can find enough co-ordinating beads)
Gomeriffic, Your tiny socks are splendid, I am really envious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #319 on: January 19, 2012 05:05:13 PM »

Gomerriffic, love those socks!

I finished off a skein of yarn and knocked out some dish cloths. Nothing special, just a slip stitch, hdc pattern that I found when I searched for dish cloth patterns.

Next up, an owl hat for a baby shower I'm going to next weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
ISO Settings Explained
Memory Card Options
Portrait Photography Basics
Selecting an Everyday White Balance Setting
Time Lapse Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...