A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 315,406
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 161
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 267777 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gomerriffic
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #310 on: January 19, 2012 03:40:49 PM »

I've made a few things but only had pics of a few : tiny socks and an in progress shot of the Babette blanket and a t shirt for someone special Smiley  The socks and blanket are stripes, the t shirt technically includes white lol

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just trying to find me...
costumesaremylife
« Reply #311 on: January 19, 2012 04:16:15 PM »

I have been a busy girl, I thought I'd share some photos for January. I'm still yet to make myself anything although I so have a shawl in progress which has 8 rows left but I'm stuck on row 32 because it makes no sense, I've already found 2 mistakes within the pattern but it's something I will have to go back to.

So I've made two stripey wonders, both of which have been received well the first is an ipad case for my skint friend who refuses to take her ipad out with her because she can't afford a cover, not having an ipad myself I'm not sure how well it will fit but I've taken the dimensions from the internet, I posted it today as she lives in London (I'm from Milton Keynes) so I'll feed back what she says:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/158703_19Jan12_ipadcase.jpg

The second is a blanket I've been working on for about four months for a friends baby who is almost 3months old! It's technically not stash as I bought the wool to make it way back in September intending to make just this, but as it sat untouched in my box for such a long time I have counted it in and I am elated that it's finally finished, washed and packaged ready to post. I'm also really impressed with the wool, I bought a baby acrylic which was a relatively cheap brand and it's come out really well from the washing machine on a wool cycle - always a plus for a new mum! This will be heading to Hertfordshire:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/158703_19Jan12_starblanket.jpg
Also, brownie points to anyone who spots my horrific mistake  Cry I had already got to the last row of pink before I realised and there was no way in hell I was unravelling that beast!

Lastly, a white item for a friend's baby, an owly hat (a pattern I purchased from ravelry) and the outfit it goes with, also made from the stash. She's expecting a baby girl in less than 3 weeks and is fed up with all the baby pink stuff so this was my contribution:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/158703_11Jan12_Owly_hat.jpg

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/158703_19Jan12_cashewsoutfit.jpg

You make beautiful things.  I don't see any mistakes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012 12:25:34 AM by MareMare - Reason: Please remove image tags when quoting images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #312 on: January 19, 2012 04:16:47 PM »

I've been de-stashing paper again, 20-25 cards, my stock of birthday/general cards is built up for the next 6-8 months. Photos and/or a link later.

Jfer007, I love that skirt, beautiful.
MiLady, you've been really busy, that baby blanket is lovely and I can't spot a flaw anywhere.
Meleriffic, sweet necklace, I really must try something like that (if I can find enough co-ordinating beads)
Gomeriffic, Your tiny socks are splendid, I am really envious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #313 on: January 19, 2012 05:05:13 PM »

Gomerriffic, love those socks!

I finished off a skein of yarn and knocked out some dish cloths. Nothing special, just a slip stitch, hdc pattern that I found when I searched for dish cloth patterns.

Next up, an owl hat for a baby shower I'm going to next weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2012 12:43:21 AM »

love that baby blanket milady!l
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
MiLady
« Reply #315 on: January 20, 2012 02:13:17 AM »

Here we go then, my beautiful wonky line on the green!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: January 20, 2012 03:53:21 AM »

ah but MiLady, babies don't notice such things  Wink and 9 times out of 10 neither do their parents.
I think your blanket is beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Make all the Things!

« Reply #317 on: January 20, 2012 06:08:55 AM »

I would never have spotted it the mistake!  The blanket is lovely and really, how many times do you think it will be spread out like that? Cheesy  Most of the times, blankets are wadded up and carried around, right?  You are good to go!  The colors are lovely and it will be a cherished item!

The ipad cover is also nice...love the addition of the heart!

meleriffic--wow--I love your necklace!  ha ha I might have destashed some of those beads to you but I have pounds left...my mom was a fanatical beader when I was young and I inherited all of them she had left over!  Good job and lots of patience!

those tiny baby socks are tooooo cute...

also, the stripey skirt is adorable on...and it will go with so many things!

nisforneville--what type of yarn did you use for your washcloths?  I love green but have not seen that yarn...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #318 on: January 20, 2012 06:28:11 AM »

The socks and the warcraft shirt are nice.

Milady - I'm not a crochet-er so I don't see any mistake - even in your close up pic - so unless the mama is an expert - she won't either, and even if she sees a mistake - it adds to the charm of handmade - she'll know you took a lot of time to make that special blanket!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #319 on: January 20, 2012 09:50:22 AM »

nisforneville--what type of yarn did you use for your washcloths?  I love green but have not seen that yarn...

\\

Red Heart color 0305 Aspen Print
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 161 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Shoot an Engagement Shoot
How to Photograph with a Point and Shoot Camera
How to use Light to Create Dynamic Images
How to Shoot marketing portraits
How to Photograph a Very Young Baby
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...