A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,370
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 225717 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plaidpineapple
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2012 06:25:43 PM »

Brackish Potato- Amazing smash book, it looks fabulous!
aprettymess- I love your dress, great upcycle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2012 07:27:01 PM »

Quick crafting night - I was working on invitations to my grandmother's 81st birthday party later this month, and used up three sheets of cardstock and four sheets of scrap-book paper.  Not a huge amount, but every little bit helps.

A few of the envelopes:

And hey!  They are white, and have stripes.  I think this is the first time I've ever actually used any of the themes in my many years of de-stashing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2012 08:33:42 PM »

aprettymess - the cupcake dress was a clever pairing. I am impressed with the perfectly fluted ruffle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2012 09:35:44 PM »

First de-stashing project after sorting all week! I finally converted a whole bunch of my earrings to clip-ons. Not really a huge de-stash, but I got rid of some clip on findings and made some more room in my sorting boxes Smiley

Although now I have that many more french ear wires. Guess I'll have to make earrings for other people! Good thing  I have this to help out:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

supertink
Where's my pixiedust?

Fantastic!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2012 12:22:55 AM »

I know I'm late to the party but I used this from my fabric stash.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disneyphile
tryskal
« Reply #285 on: January 15, 2012 02:26:30 AM »

cursive queen - could you use thick quilt batting as a pillow insert? You'd probably have to cut it down to size.

Another good fabric for throw pillows is bandanas. I made those for people for Christmas one year & they were well received.

My destashing? I got the stuffie for my sister's church nursery cut out. Haven't had a chance to sew it yet. My 4 days of work got in the way.

Got some smaller sized work uniform pants that I have to alter. Yay! More gray fabric to use up later.

I gave the completed scarves to my coworkers. They loved them! And they are both ordering at least another one. I'll be using this knifty knitter a lot this winter.

Well, back to crafting..........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Woman: hear me roar about crochet...cross-stitch...crafts...family!
LaughingLark
« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2012 06:12:21 AM »

Last year, I started my first crocheted afghan to use up stash. It was crocheted in HDC into the back loop and worked the long way. I eventually realized that it was too long, but not until I had done quite a few rows. There were also accidental increases in it, so it was getting even longer. A nice afghan for the typical eight foot tall giant, but not so great for using as a throw for the short folks in this house.  Cheesy

I have been contemplating frogging it back and making part of it a scarf, and re-using the rest of the yarn. I was half way done with the thing, so not a decision to make lightly. But there were errors in it and I finally made up my mind not to keep using all that yarn in a sub-optimal way. I've been getting better at crochet lately (though still a beginner), and I thought I could use some of those colors to make other things. This is the afghan before I frogged it back:

It was sooooo long that I decided that what I left to turn into a scarf could be sewn up into a hooded scarf, so that's what I did. While frogging it, I noticed that someone must have set a plate of food down on or near my project while I was working on it. There were patches of dried sauce on it. Grrrrr. Of course the stained part was on the portion of the afghan I was making into a scarf. Sigh. I crocheted the top into a hood section and threw it into the washer. If I get the stain out, I'll post a pic. If not, more frogging...

Before making up my mind about the afghan, I had started on using up this yarn to make a scoodie:

It's from a very bright and ugly sweater I paid 25 cents for. I toned down the color a bit by throwing it in a pot with some violet Wilton's dye to take an edge off the rabid Barbie pink, and to see if I could get the colors to play well together. There is about 20% wool in this yarn, so it did take up some dye, and I think it helped. Then I used the yarn to practice Navajo plying last winter when I got my first wheel. The yarn balls are all a bit different because I was learning how to set my brake, how fast I should treadle, etc... There are little knots in it too. I didn't know what I would do with it and it has been sitting around in a big Ziploc bag all year.

This is the pattern I am using:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLUGByY5BI

Now I am going to end up with two hooded scarves in a similar color scheme. LOL. One of them will end up going to a friend, I think.

I feel better not having that big WIP making me feel guilty for not working on it. I did get lots of practice, anyway. Practice is good.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2012 06:47:57 AM »

gaudiknight - now I'm all curious how you made those awesome envelopes!  They look so cool - I love the surprise color on the inside!

hgddm - Those earrings look fabulous!

supertink- what a pretty dress! I think the white ribbon really pulls it all together.  Awesome choices.

tryskal - yay about the scarves!  Cheesy  and yay more grey fabric!

LaughingLark - I'm so sorry you had to frog it!  And I hope that stain comes out - I'd love to see it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supertink
Where's my pixiedust?

Fantastic!

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2012 11:37:29 AM »

Thank you, kaz.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disneyphile
that1girl
never not crafting

crafting for the fun of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2012 01:12:25 PM »

Skirt January

Fabric bookmark January

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pom Pom Bow with Wired Ribbon
How to Make a Duct Tape Poinsettia
How to Make a Duct Tape Holiday Chain
How to Make a Duct Tape Gift Box
How to Make a Duct Tape Christmas Stocking
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...