A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,640
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 218572 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plaidpineapple
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2012 06:25:43 PM »

Brackish Potato- Amazing smash book, it looks fabulous!
aprettymess- I love your dress, great upcycle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2012 07:27:01 PM »

Quick crafting night - I was working on invitations to my grandmother's 81st birthday party later this month, and used up three sheets of cardstock and four sheets of scrap-book paper.  Not a huge amount, but every little bit helps.

A few of the envelopes:

And hey!  They are white, and have stripes.  I think this is the first time I've ever actually used any of the themes in my many years of de-stashing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2012 08:33:42 PM »

aprettymess - the cupcake dress was a clever pairing. I am impressed with the perfectly fluted ruffle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2012 09:35:44 PM »

First de-stashing project after sorting all week! I finally converted a whole bunch of my earrings to clip-ons. Not really a huge de-stash, but I got rid of some clip on findings and made some more room in my sorting boxes Smiley

Although now I have that many more french ear wires. Guess I'll have to make earrings for other people! Good thing  I have this to help out:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

supertink
Where's my pixiedust?

Fantastic!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2012 12:22:55 AM »

I know I'm late to the party but I used this from my fabric stash.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disneyphile
tryskal
« Reply #285 on: January 15, 2012 02:26:30 AM »

cursive queen - could you use thick quilt batting as a pillow insert? You'd probably have to cut it down to size.

Another good fabric for throw pillows is bandanas. I made those for people for Christmas one year & they were well received.

My destashing? I got the stuffie for my sister's church nursery cut out. Haven't had a chance to sew it yet. My 4 days of work got in the way.

Got some smaller sized work uniform pants that I have to alter. Yay! More gray fabric to use up later.

I gave the completed scarves to my coworkers. They loved them! And they are both ordering at least another one. I'll be using this knifty knitter a lot this winter.

Well, back to crafting..........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Woman: hear me roar about crochet...cross-stitch...crafts...family!
LaughingLark
« Reply #286 on: January 15, 2012 06:12:21 AM »

Last year, I started my first crocheted afghan to use up stash. It was crocheted in HDC into the back loop and worked the long way. I eventually realized that it was too long, but not until I had done quite a few rows. There were also accidental increases in it, so it was getting even longer. A nice afghan for the typical eight foot tall giant, but not so great for using as a throw for the short folks in this house.  Cheesy

I have been contemplating frogging it back and making part of it a scarf, and re-using the rest of the yarn. I was half way done with the thing, so not a decision to make lightly. But there were errors in it and I finally made up my mind not to keep using all that yarn in a sub-optimal way. I've been getting better at crochet lately (though still a beginner), and I thought I could use some of those colors to make other things. This is the afghan before I frogged it back:

It was sooooo long that I decided that what I left to turn into a scarf could be sewn up into a hooded scarf, so that's what I did. While frogging it, I noticed that someone must have set a plate of food down on or near my project while I was working on it. There were patches of dried sauce on it. Grrrrr. Of course the stained part was on the portion of the afghan I was making into a scarf. Sigh. I crocheted the top into a hood section and threw it into the washer. If I get the stain out, I'll post a pic. If not, more frogging...

Before making up my mind about the afghan, I had started on using up this yarn to make a scoodie:

It's from a very bright and ugly sweater I paid 25 cents for. I toned down the color a bit by throwing it in a pot with some violet Wilton's dye to take an edge off the rabid Barbie pink, and to see if I could get the colors to play well together. There is about 20% wool in this yarn, so it did take up some dye, and I think it helped. Then I used the yarn to practice Navajo plying last winter when I got my first wheel. The yarn balls are all a bit different because I was learning how to set my brake, how fast I should treadle, etc... There are little knots in it too. I didn't know what I would do with it and it has been sitting around in a big Ziploc bag all year.

This is the pattern I am using:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLUGByY5BI

Now I am going to end up with two hooded scarves in a similar color scheme. LOL. One of them will end up going to a friend, I think.

I feel better not having that big WIP making me feel guilty for not working on it. I did get lots of practice, anyway. Practice is good.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2012 06:47:57 AM »

gaudiknight - now I'm all curious how you made those awesome envelopes!  They look so cool - I love the surprise color on the inside!

hgddm - Those earrings look fabulous!

supertink- what a pretty dress! I think the white ribbon really pulls it all together.  Awesome choices.

tryskal - yay about the scarves!  Cheesy  and yay more grey fabric!

LaughingLark - I'm so sorry you had to frog it!  And I hope that stain comes out - I'd love to see it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
supertink
Where's my pixiedust?

Fantastic!

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2012 11:37:29 AM »

Thank you, kaz.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disneyphile
that1girl
never not crafting

crafting for the fun of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #289 on: January 15, 2012 01:12:25 PM »

Skirt January

Fabric bookmark January

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Amigurumi
How to Crochet an Afghan
How to Crochet a Scarf
How to Crochet a Flower
How to Crochet a Bag
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...