A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 308,216
Currently Running With Scissors:
270 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 158
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 280321 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2012 07:07:08 AM »

Anything too small to be sewn gets thrown into a big popcorn tin I snagged...I use this bin for altered crafts or ties for packages, etc.  I cut all scraps into 3-1/2 inch, 2", and 1" squares..when I have enough, I do like scrappysue does--make a quilt or bag or something...

I have been sewing and knitting for over 50 years...the key to keeping your body from wearing out is to give it a break!  Stand up, move around, stretch, drink lots of water and antiflammatory foods, hot baths or soaks, chiro, massage, etc.

Too many people just keep on going through the pain!  Pain is a signal that you need to listen to!  Please I want to see you young people crafting when I am 120!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cloudsnapper
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2012 07:49:21 AM »

All my little narrow scraps (3/8" to 5/8") get kept until I have a bunch of them, then I knot them together and knit them on big needles. That was when I did quilts, though, and it was easier to accumulate something like that. I got like like a foot into a scarf, but I can tell this is going to be a super long-term project, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidpineapple
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2012 11:22:35 AM »

I am happy to announce I have completed some projects that I have wanted to do for a long time now.
First up-something white.  I almost bought some earring holders online but I have been trying to "use what I have".  So I looked around and found these white frames buried deep in storage.  Then I remembered this light linen I received that use to be my grandmothers, before she passed away.  So My sentimental earring holder was born.
2- Then  I completed some earrings for Myself.  I remembered why I have not delved into my beads for so long.  I am so indecisive when it comes to making jewelry.  These 7 pair took me almost a whole day to create.

Lastly I was able to cross one more item off of my crafting wish list-  A headband organizer.  I spray painted an empty oatmeal canister.  I need to eat a lot of oatmeal though because I think I need 2 more to have enough for all my headbands. Between my daughter and I we have a lot of headbands.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012 11:23:29 AM by plaidpineapple » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2012 11:29:02 AM »

Great idea with the oatmeal can for the headbands - you just pop them on?  I might have to make one for the kiddo.
How are the earrings on the holder?  Do you have foam or something behind the fabric that it's pierced into?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2012 11:41:23 AM »

first off, the earrings are lovely---simple and elegant!

I love that you used what you had---the vintage linen is precious and looks like it came from the 30's...tiny florals!

An oatmeal headband holder...how clever is that!  Do you use the insides to hold barrettes and pony tail holders?

A great destash!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2012 11:47:11 AM »

The earring holders are so pretty,the fabric is so delicate & ladylike  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2012 01:16:36 PM »

it's great when you can use something you already have to make something to help you organize your things! what a neat idea for the headbands!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
InkedKnitter
« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2012 01:25:06 PM »

nisforneville i love your little adipose. i have never seen dr. who and when you said adipose i naturally thought of fat tissue hahaha... a little anatomy humor  Tongue

They are monsters made from human fat Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloudsnapper
« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2012 02:53:35 PM »

I made some cloth pads today. I don't know if it counts as destash, because I had to buy some waterproof fabric to back them. But I made them with fabric and cotton batting I already had.

Pretty neat, I think. The galaxy in my underwear, lol. I don't think they'll look stained because of the color pattern.
I'll probably make more but with a different pattern. I don't like how the wings barely meet at the middle. I think longer ones will be better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plaidpineapple
« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2012 04:49:47 PM »

Those are lovely pads!

For the earrings holder I just cut that plastic mesh needlework canvas to the frame inside size and then hut glued the fabric around and all of it into the frame.  I am going to get a little frame easel to rest it on to be able to easily access the front and back.    The Headband holder, when I find the lid will either contain extra tp or be a place to put bows etc in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 158 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...